• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MrMatt555

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I lent my account to a friend to boost me a bit in ranked, he sucked. I mean not in a pure skill type of way (he's actually not that bad). But in terms of consistency he was about 50-50 win/loss ratio. That isn't his fault more than it's the current elo he is in (silver) consisting of planet of the apes ass players.

Weeks go by and I decide to log in and see the unthinkable.

"YOU HAVE BEEN PERMANENTLY BANNED"

It's right there across my screen... I'm mortified. Never has this happened to me. more specifically, never has an account of mine been banned (okay, once but that was evilore's fault, fuck evilore).

What do I do? I have submitted a ticket with riot and they want me to explain in detail just how deeply sorry I am but it wasn't me who was toxic. It was my friend. (I have the chat logs).

Deleted member 15326

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
They banned the account. if you knew your boy was like that you should've thought twice.

Last edited:

Deleted member 19996

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I have to ask what is "elo"? This a MOBA term? Or someone from competitive gaming? Don't think I've ever heard it before.

Booki

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn
30-tray1.gif

I hope you didn't buy too many skins. I'd be sick if Riot dropped the hammer on me.

Zukuu

Oct 30, 2017
Well it IS your fault. I don't think you got banned for toxic behavior, but for boosting.

SABO.

Nov 6, 2017
Lol you shared accounts bro. Take the ban like a man. It's completely your fault too.

Edit: when begging for your account back, don't mention your friend was playing on it lol

Zukuu

Oct 30, 2017
I have to ask what is "elo"? This a MOBA term? Or someone from competitive gaming? Don't think I've ever heard it before.
It actually originated in chess as a system to rank players.

The difference in the ratings between two players serves as a predictor of the outcome of a match. Two players with equal ratings who play against each other are expected to score an equal number of wins. A player whose rating is 100 points greater than their opponent's is expected to score 64%; if the difference is 200 points, then the expected score for the stronger player is 76%.

A player's Elo rating is represented by a number which increases or decreases depending on the outcome of games between rated players. After every game, the winning player takes points from the losing one. The difference between the ratings of the winner and loser determines the total number of points gained or lost after a game.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elo_rating_system

BernardoOne

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
100% your fault. Just because your friend sucked at it doesn't change that it's cheating and against the rules.

Oct 26, 2017
Every time I read "it's not my fault" I assume it's that persons fault. Once again, that thought has not failed me.

atomsk eater

Oct 25, 2017
Uh if you try to get out of it by saying "my friend said all that stuff!" then they can hit you with sharing accounts, which most services/games like that don't allow. Plus it just sounds like a really bad excuse, a lot of people pull that "my friend did it/my account got hacked" kinda stuff. If they're giving you an out by allowing you to make a heartfelt apology, take it and make a damn good apology and never repeat this again lol.

IgnotumCL

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Here in Chile a guy was banned in that game and he had the best idea to go to the offices of Riot lol
He entered secretly and then forcefully, they had to take him out with guards and even the police. Weeks later they raised the ban because they felt sorry for him.
Everything he did he transmitted in streaming lol

lol

Imperfected

Nov 9, 2017
"Every time I've ever seen one of these topics where someone claims Riot banned them for no reason it was completely their own fault they got banned. I wonder how it will be different with the 'sorta' qualifier?"

*click*

Oh so "sorta" means "it's unambiguously my fault" instead of "it's my fault but I'm going to try and hide it".

shiftplusone

Oct 25, 2017
"I didn't really do anything wrong to get banned"
"what did you do?"
"ok I shared an account (bannable offense) with a friend (who is apparently a toxic player)(Bannable offense) so he could boost my elo (bannable offense)"

What can I do?

HarryDemeanor

Oct 25, 2017
You fucked up twice. Account sharing and toxicity. If you send them the chat logs saying your friend said everything they're just going to laugh at you and uphold the ban for letting them use your account.

Take this as a lesson learned.

Status
Not open for further replies.