• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
As someone that loves the console, but have always had a hard time playing it in handheld mode due to its design, from the iffy button layout on the joycons, to the weight distribution. It's just not an ideal experience. Switch lite would have been great if it had video out I think.

Anyways I do like the hori goofy deus ex machima split controllers, but they do making holding the device a bit awkward with how wide the setup is, and you also lose rumble and gyro and nfc. So some searching lead me to this indiegogo of a switch mount for the pro controller... and the idea seems dope. I've had controller phone mounts before and those worked pretty well. Still though, the price seems a bit high and crowdfunding being crowdfunding... But some more searching I ended up finding this etsy item that was simpler (being just a 3d printed single piece) and much cheaper and ships right awayish, which just arrived today.

sLwv4JH.jpg

qGLgcoi.jpg

IsHFUT9.jpg

Been playing around with this the past few hours, and I think this might be the ideal way for me to play the console in portable mode. No issues playing a few missions in FE. Also due to how I hold the switch with this vs joycons, the screen is closer to my face so I gotta squint less for FE's tiny text.

Not the easiest thing to snap on and off, but it does feel durable at the very least. I'm gonna be it will scuff up the switch if you slide it in and out a lot. Definitely interested in getting that more fancy indiegogo variant now though.

Mat-triX

Oct 27, 2017
While I'm not opposed to the idea, this makes the switch even less of a portable experience. I couldn't see myself playing this in public.

OP
OP
Jeff ChickenDig
Oct 25, 2017
While I'm not opposed to the idea, this makes the switch even less of a portable experience. I couldn't see myself playing this in public.

well the normal switch isn't really the most ideal portable console. Not really pocketable like a 3ds or vita. Definitely need a bag, so it shouldn't be too much more work to chuck this in, but yeah definitely more of a play at hotel/airplane solution vs short subway ride.

Another

Banned
Oct 23, 2019
Portugal
Split Pad Pro is the way to go. Love it love it love it.

522e79b57a70409795c49562530609b4_Large.jpg

It looks ugly, has no NFC, motion or rumble functionality and it only works in portable mode but as someone who has no interest in rumble or motion stuff while in portable mode and couldn't care less if the switch is pretty or not, this is everything I wanted. Extremely comfortable and great ergonomics.

Split Pad Pro when on the go. Pro controller when docked. Best Switch experience possible.

Switch is not portable, sorry. If I need to specifically take a dedicated carry case just to lug it around with me, then it's a failure as a portable. And I say this as a woman who always carries a purse anyway... the damn thing is just too massive.

Last edited:

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017
Hm. Might try this. I do have the Split Pad Pro, but I like rumble so this might be better for me.

ohitsluca

Oct 29, 2017

For me personally, there's some ideal situations for using something like this. I could play like this while on break, either in my car or in the break room. When someone is watching TV. When traveling by plane or train. The joycons hurt my hands after a while so I personally wouldn't mind the trade of portability for comfort