• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Slipknot666

Banned
Dec 1, 2017
Last week I was playing FIFA 18 Ultimate Team when I was matched up against a player with a team called " Lock her up MAGA" and after I beat him 2-1 on stoppage time I sent him a message saying "Fuck Trump" and he replied like two days later saying "Enjoy your ban".

Well, I have been banned for 24 hours. I guess saying "Fuck Trump" is worse than supporting a racist piece of shit like Trump who doesn't want immigrants from shitholes countries in Africa.

Oh, and Trumpters are a bunch of snowflakes

demosthenes

Oct 25, 2017
I think the only thing that happened is you gave into a troll and said "fuck" in a message which is probably against TOS.

Wetwork

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Colorado
You got baited. My friend does this all the time, messaging without swears or insulting in game to bait a cuss word.

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I can't believe that saying fuck Trump is against the ToS. You didn't even directly insult the person.

Cranster

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
By using the f word you violated the terms of service. Next time just report their gamertag instead.

Cipherr

Oct 26, 2017
Yep its the 'fuck' swear word that got you, not the Trump part. Don't stress it, just... if you are going to return fire, do so without swearing so they can't run and go tattle.

Citizencope

Oct 28, 2017
Dropped the F' bomb in a message that was reported. Decide for yourself if it was worth the 24 hours. I think you'll live but if you enjoy Live I'd ignore going forward.

Darryl M R

The Spectacular PlayStation-Man
Oct 25, 2017
I think just messaging "Russian puppet" is just as punchy and won't result in a ban.

Discontent

May 25, 2018
Calling their countries shitholes is not a healthy approach. I'm sure we get some posters here from those African/Asian countries. They may be wartorn countries but it's largely not their fault.

Deleted member 3010

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That's because you said fuck.

If you said something like "Trump is the dumbest person on earth" it would have passed.

Deleted member 25606

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I usually don't like tone policing but couldn't you have just rolled the dice and reported it. Sending nasty messages is not a good look and gives them ammo, especially since (and it's why I say roll the dice) most of these companies find dollars to be more important than policing politics, and in Microsoft's case have they not banned people for things they shouldn't have that were liberal, and I do remember for a fact YouTube hiding gay content at one point in the name of site cleaning.

In other words pick your battles. Is giving up playing online over someone who obviously picked that tag to bait knowing they could get away with it a hill worth dying on? Because if it is you might want to give up live and PSN if you have them since I don't think it will work in your favor especially if you send messages like that.

For me video games are one of my escapes from the mess of the world and I like playing online so I just avoid questionable people and report if I feel it necassery. If you feel different I am not sure what to tell you, it sucks and I share your sentiment but the reality does not favor it right now and there are more efficient ways of cleaning up the gaming community's toxicity.

Deleted member 11173

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sometimes you have to think about the value of your actions. Sending a message provided a paper trail and gave the opportunity for someone who clearly doesn't give a shit about humans to pull one on you.

Everyone has a gun, don't give them bullets.

jeelybeans

Oct 25, 2017
I mean you can tweet this out and turn it into a pr nightmare for Microsoft.

"Microsoft sides with racists".

WallSniper

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
If you think the politics had anything to do with the decision, then I'm sorry. It clearly was the language they are cracking down on.

Deleted member 8433

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
My favorite part of this story is explaining that you beat him 2-1 in extra time, lmao

It's only 24-hours man, you will get over it

No one gathered around a table and discussed the political merits of your message.

Werd

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Are you imaging a big round table discussion on the merits of your insult as political discourse at MS headquarters? A Trump supporter cackling as they saw an opportunity to strike? If it wasn't automated than some employee glanced at it for 5 seconds saw the language used without any initiating message and gave you a 24 hour slap on the wrist.

Cranster

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I can't believe that saying fuck Trump is against the ToS. You didn't even directly insult the person.

I mean you can tweet this out and turn it into a pr nightmare for Microsoft.

"Microsoft sides with racists".

Wow, that's bullshit. Fuck Xbox live.

Alot of people here don't understand how rules in regards to a Terms of Service works.

Status
Not open for further replies.