• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cid85

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
they paid me for the 5 weeks (generous of them)

They also said they would pay me for whatever leave I have left.

(We will also send you your final payslip after the payment is made)

Is that what the final payslip means? (leave entitlements etc )

I cant call them until Monday morning

isual

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
so..are you in the USA?

if you were fired, the final check should be day of termination, irregardless if you were fired or terminated (in california).

file for unemployment. its your job now to find a new job.

do you have savings to cover 3 to 6 months of livable expenses?

isual

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Australia, I worked for a company called car sales

shit mate. i lived in kingarooland a long time ago, so the best piece of suggestion for you is to either wait here for other aussies (i'm not sure if NSW or other states laws - probably); or go to r/personalfinance and post there too. don't limit yourself to just one resource.

bottom line, things could be worse man. i don't know you, but what's the worse thing that could happen. also, this could be a blessing in disguise.

Lost my job thanks to this forum lol

yeah mate. if your job had a no internet usage while on the clock; i can't empathize.

Br3wnor

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Australia is pretty rich so im assuming you guys have a form of unemployment? Just apply for that and start looking for jobs, you have a month's worth of pay so it shouldn't be do or die, try to enjoy the time off.

Did you get busted surfing ERA too much or something on ERA specific?

ScottyJayMan

Nov 1, 2017
Go to Centerlink and get on Newstart immediately. Set up a profile on seek.com.au and starting sending out your resume. How long were you at your job?

KennyLinder

Game Designer at EA
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Is this because of how you were talking about them on here, then someone Tweeted your boss?

You were invited to a Performance review, or something? IIRC.

ahoyhoy

Oct 25, 2017

Looks like you didn't learn anything!

Seriously though, that sucks.

They sound very generous though. That 5 weeks would have covered my last stint of unemployment, but since it was determined to be a disciplinary dismissal I got shafted and didn't get any extra pay.

Tecnniqe

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Antarctica
giphy.gif

Figgles

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Aren't you the guy that was badmouthing his company on here? You were warned by other posters.

OP
OP
cid85

cid85

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Guys please stop it.
I never said anything bad about my past work. Please drop it.

Deleted member 8197

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Short of a bomb threat I have no clue what anybody could say about their job that would be bad enough for me to tweet their boss about it. Seems awfully vindictive.

Cokie Bear

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You're the guy who came on here bad mouthing his company and boss, mentioning them specifically by name. People told you to delete the posts, but you didn't because you said you didn't care. Then someone tweeted pictures of the thread to your boss.

I guess you care now?

Podge293

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oh the drama......

Is OP lying?

Is he the mysterious bad mouther of his previous employer?

Is this all a fantasy?????

Deleted member 5666

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wait why is he denying he trashed his job when there was a thread where he did so? I mean the thread got deleted but it still happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.