• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

TripaSeca

Oct 27, 2017
São Paulo
Hey everyone,

I'm, as probably all of you, deeply disturbed by the escalation of terror perpetrated by these new right-wing extremists throughout the world.

Yesterday, in my country, today in New Zealand and before in the US, Canada, Norway and so many other places...

In a thread about the NZ terror attack, someone mentioned having seen the correspondent thread of the forum known here as 'the old place' and being horrified.

And while I'm still feeling a plethora of things, mostly bad ones like melancholia, anguish really, that comment made me realize I actually felt I could come here to this forum and share my grief and sorrow without fearing to see horrid discourses, defensive rethoric or any sort of violence-enabling behavior.
And this realization warmed my heart.

So for the existence of this safe and amazing place, full of kind and ethical people, in which I can come and actually feel better, I thank you all.

Thank you staff, thank you my fellow colleagues.

Ps. Sorry for the eventual mistake. Not a native speaker and very emotional rn.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
im happy that you've found any sort of comfort in these times

its not wrong to feel sad or mourn, even if you don't know the victims directly

the loss of life diminishes all of us, as we are all involved with life, to poorly paraphrase a Donne poem

Deleted member 4260

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The shit I've been seeing on twitter has really bummed me the fuck out. I'm glad that shit isn't tolerated here.

hateradio

Oct 28, 2017
welcome, nowhere
Oh, man. I hadn't even thought about the old place. I feel bad about it.

These attacks are horrible. It's like why are there more Nazis in the world today. It doesn't make any sense, but I guess it's just a push against progress where (white) people feel oppressed for some reason.

Clefargle

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Limburg
I'm here for you as well, it's such an honor to be part of this community.
DisgustingDesertedHarborseal-small.gif

Oct 25, 2017
Silicon Valley
I'm glad to be a part of Era as well, and for many reasons in line with how you feel about it.

These may be difficult times, but perhaps in all of this many of us can come together to course correct our future, and not repeat the darker parts of history.

Oct 30, 2017
Tokyo
So this thread had me curious about the old place. I haven't browsed or posted there since the whole exodus happened... Yikes. That's not a place I want to be.

Glad this place is here.

Oct 28, 2017
Era (and formerly GAF) have opened my eyes to so much over the years. This community has been an absolute blessing, and played a large part in transforming me from the edgy young twenties shithead I used to be into the humanitarian I am today.

Rock on, Era.

Br3wnor

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This place can be over the top at times but it is by far the best online community I've found and I am grateful for it's existence.

**Also just spent 5 minutes checking the old place out and god damn it's worse than I anticipated. What an absolute cess pool.

Last edited: