• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 27, 2017
I know it's bad to say it, but I can't stand them and wish they weren't here. My mom and dad are having to raise them when they should be in their retirement stages (well my dad died now, last October, so now my mom has even more work to do) and the sister that had them doesn't even take care of them.

My mom went on a vacation and I'm the one taking care of the kids. They aren't even mine.

Anyway, I'm just pissed and needed to vent, but my life would be a lot better ifo if they weren't here.

P.S. I'm on my vacation from work and instead if relaxing with my mom like we should be in this stage of life, instead I'm the male role model to these kids and my mom isn't actually a grandma. Worse part is my mom gives money to my shitty sister...She should be on her own by now. But I needed this rant. So thanks all.

Burrman

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I love my nieces. I get stuck watching my brothers kids and it keeps me busy. I play board games with them and everything. They fuckin love me. Be a fun uncle and they'll love you forever

Edit you sound like a grumpy ass gamer that wants to be alone. Wish they didn't exist? Grow up

Mendrox

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
You ate just stressed. You would need your own time but life is not always easy.

Acerac

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I can bear it no longer! Goblin King, Goblin King, where ever you may be, come take this child of mine far away from me!

Hokahey

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Maybe instead of wishing they didn't exist you could wish for them to be in a better scenario? Put yourself in those kids shoes. Sounds like a tough upbringing. If my niece and nephew wound up in a bad situation, I'd give everything I had to ensure they were taken care of. 1. If you don't have family, who DO you have? 2. They are kids. Childhood is precious and they need to be protected and loved and cared for. Anything less than that is one reason we have so many shitty people running around.

Air

User-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You wish someone wouldn't exist because you can't relax?

____

Oct 27, 2017
Miami, FL
I get what you're saying but you should tell your sister to get with the program. The kids are the real ones suffering.

Ignatz Mouse

Oct 27, 2017
I feel slightly bad for you. I feel *really* bad for the kids.

They pick up on this stuff, and it affects their self-worth fundamentally.

Cybersai

Banned
Jan 8, 2018
You shouldn't wish death or non-existance on kids, man. Just try to do better things with them.

vatstep

Oct 25, 2017
Bring in the cleaner OP

b8ea3ba.gif

Willkiller

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I know it's bad to say it, but I can't stand them and wish they weren't here. My mom and dad are having to raise them when they should be in their retirement stages (well my dad died now, last October, so now my mom has even more work to do) and the sister that had them doesn't even take care of them.

My mom went on a vacation and I'm the one taking care of the kids. They aren't even mine.

Anyway, I'm just pissed and needed to vent, but my life would be a lot better ifo if they weren't here.

P.S. I'm on my vacation from work and instead if relaxing with my mom like we should be in this stage of life, instead I'm the male role model to these kids and my mom isn't actually a grandma. Worse part is my mom gives money to my shitty sister...She should be on her own by now. But I needed this rant. So thanks all.

Sounds like their lives would be better without you

KingFrost92

Oct 26, 2017
Oregon
I had to do this a lot growing up, watching others kids I mean. That's just how family works sometimes, and it sucks, but show whatever love you can. Sounds like a bad situation for the kids.

pokeystaples

Oct 27, 2017
Totally understandable considering you don't have kids, didn't ask for kids, and should be on vacation. Sorry, OP. I used to get stuck with my cousins kids all the time. It sucked. Just push through and be "unavailable" next time.

The_Land

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Cleveland Ohio
I feel you OP. Your sister sounds like a shitty parent but good on you for stepping up and taking care of the kids. Where is the father in this situation?

Use a Condom kids!

Shadybiz

Oct 27, 2017
You wish your nieces and nephews didn't exist because you're being inconvenienced for a few days? You're a great guy.

How old are you??

Deleted member 6263

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Whether they're your kids or not, you have the opportunity to influence them in a positive way that their mother can't/won't. Being a role model isn't easy and it isn't something that people initially sign up for. Be the uncle that they'll think about years down as their favorite uncle.

Also, this sounds more like you have a problem with your sister and not your nephew/nieces. Don't take it out on them because of something she did.

Pein

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Wow, I have to watch my niece all the time and my mom too because my sister is a idiot and I never wished that little girl didn't exist, I missed so many things I wanted to do but jeez children can't choose the situation they're born into.

Status
Not open for further replies.