• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GK86

Oct 25, 2017
If I'm bringing back a date, I clean the apartment. I don't give a fuck how many roommates I have. They aren't going to find a mess.

Scuffed

Oct 28, 2017
Jarring like this?

egrzO1q.jpg

This pic always kills me lol

ClockworkOwl

Banned
Feb 1, 2020
You've only known this guy for 5 days and today was your first time meeting him in person. It's completely appropriate for him to pull the emergency phone call escape to get out of a bad date. The lesson for you here is not to get this invested in someone that you haven't even met yet.

Dr. Feel Good

Oct 25, 2017
You can't clean the entire apartment for your friends as a means to make the place more comfortable for strangers?

Pineapple

One Winged Slayer
Mar 26, 2019
USA
How clean was the bathroom, cause he would probably have to use that at some point during his stay.

painey

Oct 27, 2017
people acting like the guy was a jerk for ditching, but sleeping over at someones apartment on a first date is weird and he was obviously creeped out. Seems very understandable.

Scarface

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Place was a barn, it was obviously messy enough for him to dip like that.

Clean your place op. That shit is nasty. If i had a date over at some bum ass apartment id leave too.

Immortan

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles
It seems you explained to him that the apartment was shared and your room is the main room you chill in so it would be the cleanest and while you clean around the other rooms, you have no control over it once you leave the area.

Seems like a silly thing to leave over if your room is clean, when I drive an hour away for someone, I tell myself the reason to leave better be a big one because my car radio doesn't work and talking to myself only goes so far.

Big-E

Oct 25, 2017
You might think its clean but they might have different standards. Also if you have roommates that can also be jarring as maybe they expected you to have your own place. Maybe Smash was a problem. Lots of things could be the reason. It was a first date,

Oct 25, 2017
was he supposed to close his eyes and nose as u led him through a junkyard to your pristine bedroom? clean ya house nasty

OP
OP
Meelow

Meelow

Oct 31, 2017
people acting like the guy was a jerk for ditching, but sleeping over at someones apartment on a first date is weird and he was obviously creeped out. Seems very understandable.

IT WAS HIS FUCKING IDEA.

And my bathroom was clean, are you all going to be dicks and make jokes about it to?

pokeystaples

Oct 27, 2017
I have been the safety call a couple times and I've set up the call for myself a few times.

Not gonna lie...I want to see the apartment. I have definitely left earlier than anticipated because "I have to work," after going to someone's place.

OP
OP
Meelow

Meelow

Oct 31, 2017
You might think its clean but they might have different standards. Also if you have roommates that can also be jarring as maybe they expected you to have your own place. Maybe Smash was a problem. Lots of things could be the reason. It was a first date,

He wanted to play smash, everything other then the restaurant was his idea.

And we went to a Sushi place, the place he said he loves.

And I wanted some raman.

VaporSnake

Oct 28, 2017
He probably didn't come up with the dead cat excuse himself, whichever friend of his bailed him out likely came up with it.

OP
OP
Meelow

Meelow

Oct 31, 2017
I have been the safety call a couple times and I've set up the call for myself a few times.

Not gonna lie...I want to see the apartment. I have definitely left earlier than anticipated because "I have to work," after going to someone's place.

He has no job.

And I've seen where he sleeps, doesn't seem very great.

Cantaim

Oct 25, 2017
The Stussining
Aside from the apartment being an absolute train wreck (which I don't think the case). I think your date is just lying about your apartment being messy and just didn't want to have a conversation that they didn't enjoy the actual physical date as much as they thought they would and decided that they wanted out.

subpar spatula

Refuses to Wash his Ass
Oct 26, 2017
I'd bail if it was a dirty apartment. Making excuses as it's your roommates or you don't use it while they're home isn't going to fly either.

Also depending how you put him on blast on SOS afterwards, he may have been warranted to lie like that.

DarkMagician

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Are we sure he's not using the apartment as an excuse, and wasn't into you, and just didn't want to hurt your feelings?

Doom_Bringer

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I walked out on on someone too, she was laughing at me cause I told her how hard I have to work as a software engineer. I thought it was so rude, I simply got up and left.

OP
OP
Meelow

Meelow

Oct 31, 2017
I'd bail if it was a dirty apartment. Making excuses as it's your roommates or you don't use it while they're home isn't going to fly either.

Also depending how you put him on blast on SOS afterwards, he may have been warranted to lie like that.

I told him he could do what he wants, and I blasted him because he lied about a dead cat. If I wanted to ditch the date, well I wouldn't because I'm not an asshole but I wouldn't make up a stupid excuse like that.

pokeystaples

Oct 27, 2017
He has no job.

And I've seen where he sleeps, doesn't seem very great.
Hmm, then I don't know then. If they're already used to mess you'd think they would be okay with other mess.

In my case it was basically the stereotypical "I deal weed" apartment. Burn holes all over the place, ash and stuff randomly covering things, bong juice stained carpet, overflowing sink, half empty bottles, just a mess. I sat on the edge of the couch praying my bestie would hurry the hell up and call.

Sorry this guy hurt your feelings OP. Hopefully you get another shot with someone better for you sooner rather than later.

Status
Not open for further replies.