• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Morrison71

Oct 27, 2017
I work with this guy closely every weekend for 12 hours each day. I have no problem with people who want to be alone but this guy just confuses the hell out of me.

He is about to turn 50 next month and is going through a mid life crisis now. He is growing his hair out long to cos play as Nicki Sixx at the Motley Crue, Def Leopard and whatever 80s band concert. He is also doing the keto diet. He drove us all crazy for a minute because his diet made him cranky but he is better now, anyways.

He has a kid with a woman who trapped him, his words. She just used him to get a kid and she is on disability now. She had drug problems and seems like a piece of work.

Anyways, this guy has high standards and isn't exactly the best catch himself. Anyone older than 40 just wont do anything for him physically and that seems to be priority #1.

I know it does no good but, I have mentioned he might be missing out. And he will show me some pics from dating apps seeking my approval for hotness I assume and I always try to encourage him.

I know it's a lost cause and there is nothing I can do. He will just do his own thing and that's fine. Its just frustrating as hell to work with someone like that who puts looks over all. I try to help him but I know it's useless. And he knows he will be forever a lone as well. But he doesn't have to be but I know I shouldn't push any beliefs or anything on him. Idk, I guess I'm just venting. I know there's nothing I can do. That's the frustrating part I guess.

Grug

Oct 26, 2017
He's on his own path. Doesn't sound like his health is at risk. Let him do him.

subpar spatula

Refuses to Wash his Ass
Oct 26, 2017
he's 50. he has a kid. he probably just wants to bang hot people. nothing wrong with that.

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto, ON
My man, I've known plenty of folks like this...you've just got to recognize that you can't live someone else's life for them. Gotta let him make his choices and do his thing, and go on with yourself.

data west

Oct 25, 2017
Nothing wrong with having standards. Doesn't matter if you think they're unrealistic or not. You're not him, and you're not dating him.

MrNewVegas

Oct 27, 2017
His only problem is wanting to look like Nikki Sixx while wanting young girls lol. Not really gonna work out well for him.

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
It doesn't sound like he's bothering anyone so why not leave him to do his thing whether it seems logical or reasonable to you or not?

Deleted member 16908

Oct 27, 2017
Maybe he sets his standards so high because deep down he doesn't really want another relationship after what happened to him last time.

MajesticSoup

Banned
Feb 22, 2019
These people are disgusting imo. They always remind me of that middle aged mass shooter who shot up a women's gym studio because he came the realization that he couldn't date women under 30.
abcnews.go.com

George Sodini Sought Dating Help Before Pennsylvania Gym Shooting

George Sodini sought help on how to pick up younger women in the years before he opened fire at a Pittsburgh area gym, killing four, including himself, and wounding more than a dozen others.

smurfx

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
These people are disgusting imo. They always remind me of that middle aged mass shooter who shot up a women's gym studio because he came the realization that he couldn't date women under 30.
abcnews.go.com

George Sodini sought help on how to pick up younger women in the years before he opened fire at a Pittsburgh area gym, killing four, including himself, and wounding more than a dozen others.
disgusting? really?

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
abcnews.go.com

eeeeh, I think you're judging way too hard here

Faenix1

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Your first, and only, problem is letting the fact that someone is mainly after looks get to you. It's none of your business, encourage him or whatever - but ultimately it has nothing to do with you. Don't even give it a second thought.

Deleted member 18944

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
abcnews.go.com

got enough arm for that reach? Good lord.

kittens

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The replies in this thread are so misanthropic and cynical, good lord this forum impresses me sometimes

Oct 27, 2017
abcnews.go.com

Are you really comparing older people who prefer younger partners to mass shooters? Wtf

XMonkey

Oct 26, 2017
I don't see the issue here. Live and let live

abcnews.go.com

Yes.
Eventually they will find someone half their age. While they're vacationing by themselves in Thailand or the Dominican..
Uh, o...k.

Skyebaron

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
As a forever loner all i can say is that I live and let live. Dont bother me, i wont bother you.

Cation

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Man, the most mundane things become threads nowadays. Miss the good old days where this shit wasn't as common lol.

let the guy live lol and move on

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto, ON
abcnews.go.com

SplendidCheerfulKentrosaurus-size_restricted.gif

Seesaw15

Oct 27, 2017
Lol. Why would he be forever alone? Assuming the guy makes decent money, isn't cranky and is in decent shape a 50 year old dude should be able to find some 39-40 year olds that are interested in him.

Also, a 10 year age gap is specific but it isn't absurd especially in the online dating world. Some people prioritize physical attraction when dating someone. I'm sure if he found a 42 year old women he was attracted to he wouldn't turn her down.

ascii42

Oct 25, 2017
Forever alone seems a weird phrase to use for someone who has already experienced at least one sexual relationship.

Deleted member 40102

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 19, 2018
OP wanna feel good about himself so he shits on someone's else life. Classic "I'm normal/out going" wanna be move.

Ogodei

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coruscant
I thought you were going to talk about working with an incel or someone very much like it. This... seems fine? Guy's a little misguided maybe but he'll have to sort that on his own.

OP
OP
Morrison71

Morrison71

Oct 27, 2017
I knew this would be the vibe of the thread but I would argue the guy has a mental problem. I know him best. So I'm just supposed to let him be forever alone with problems? At some point it's not you are a loner and becomes you have psychological problems.

OP
OP
Morrison71

Morrison71

Oct 27, 2017
And if you can't find women sexually attractive unless they are 10 years younger than you, yes you have problems in my book anyways.

smurfx

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I knew this would be the vibe of the thread but I would argue the guy has a mental problem. I know him best. So I'm just supposed to let him be forever alone with problems? At some point it's not you are a loner and becomes you have psychological problems.
what exactly are you gonna do for him to "fix" him? shame him? teach him how to date? don't think there is much you can do if the guy doesn't think he has a problem. guess you can suggest to him he has too high of standards but what if he doesn't care? what next? just leave it alone.