• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 41178

User requested account closure
Banned
Mar 18, 2018
I knew this would be the vibe of the thread but I would argue the guy has a mental problem. I know him best. So I'm just supposed to let him be forever alone with problems? At some point it's not you are a loner and becomes you have psychological problems.

Lol, you think he has a psychological problem just because he is only attracted to younger women?

Maybe it's dawning on him that he is getting older and he is trying to recapture his youth.

From what you've said he is not doing any harm so just let him be.

Dashful

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
As he even asked for help for this so called psychological problem? If not, it's not of your damn business.

OP, you seem to have some kind of Savior complex or something.

MrWindUpBird

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I knew this would be the vibe of the thread but I would argue the guy has a mental problem. I know him best. So I'm just supposed to let him be forever alone with problems? At some point it's not you are a loner and becomes you have psychological problems.
Frankly, I don't think you of all people would know him best. He knows himself best. Every thread you have ever made has you been a judgmental ass to all the people around you.

jb1234

Very low key
Oct 25, 2017

Honestly, I think this would be a much more interesting thread if we psychoanalyzed you instead of him.

The Living Tribunal

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017

You're weird op.

These people are disgusting imo. They always remind me of that middle aged mass shooter who shot up a women's gym studio because he came the realization that he couldn't date women under 30.
abcnews.go.com

George Sodini Sought Dating Help Before Pennsylvania Gym Shooting

George Sodini sought help on how to pick up younger women in the years before he opened fire at a Pittsburgh area gym, killing four, including himself, and wounding more than a dozen others.

what the fuck did i just read

Croc Man

Oct 27, 2017
Seems like he lowered his standards and ended up with a manipulative person with drug problems as a permanent addition to his life.

Why wouldn't you want to to keep things simple after that? Plus he may want another kid so a younger partner makes sense.

CHC

Oct 27, 2017
You should send him an invoice for all the time you've spent thinking about him

Deleted member 17388

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Reminds me of that thread where someone who had just moved was stressed over some neighbor kids living in some "structures" and very vague stuff :v
Peak Era

SJRB

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Qocy4Rk1eMdtB19W5YNGumGsRtFLj6Drpwl1vkj-a90.png

Lace

Oct 27, 2017
He likes hot ladies and is attempting to improve his looks/chances by dieting. I don't really see the problem outside it seeming shallow.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
This dudes probably gonna be out banging some woman at a Motley Crue convention while OP is on an internet message board worried about how "lonely" he seems.

tenor.gif

Netherscourge

Oct 25, 2017
Do you think working with him is somehow making you feel self-conscious about how others see you?

Is that what this is about?

nilbog

Oct 25, 2017
I work with this guy closely every weekend for 12 hours each day. I have no problem with people who want to be alone but this guy just confuses the hell out of me.

He is about to turn 50 next month and is going through a mid life crisis now. He is growing his hair out long to cos play as Nicki Sixx at the Motley Crue, Def Leopard and whatever 80s band concert. He is also doing the keto diet. He drove us all crazy for a minute because his diet made him cranky but he is better now, anyways.

He has a kid with a woman who trapped him, his words. She just used him to get a kid and she is on disability now. She had drug problems and seems like a piece of work.

Anyways, this guy has high standards and isn't exactly the best catch himself. Anyone older than 40 just wont do anything for him physically and that seems to be priority #1.

I know it does no good but, I have mentioned he might be missing out. And he will show me some pics from dating apps seeking my approval for hotness I assume and I always try to encourage him.

I know it's a lost cause and there is nothing I can do. He will just do his own thing and that's fine. Its just frustrating as hell to work with someone like that who puts looks over all. I try to help him but I know it's useless. And he knows he will be forever a lone as well. But he doesn't have to be but I know I shouldn't push any beliefs or anything on him. Idk, I guess I'm just venting. I know there's nothing I can do. That's the frustrating part I guess.

Hmm, your post confuses the hell out of me. Just trying to see your point of this. You work with a middle age guy, he's a loner but is going to a concert soon. He's on a diet. He has a child from a troubled relationship. He is dating.

I really don't see what's so frustrating. We're all human beings, we're all different. We all have to work with different types of human beings. What's the big deal?

Deleted member 3465

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Space
Regardless of his criteria It's not really your business either way :S. You have to let him learn for himself what works and what doesn't. What may not work in your eyes may be exactly what works for him even if it's not right away. The way you phrased it sounds pretty condensing the way I read it.

Wafflinson

Banned
Nov 17, 2017
These people are disgusting imo. They always remind me of that middle aged mass shooter who shot up a women's gym studio because he came the realization that he couldn't date women under 30.
abcnews.go.com

George Sodini Sought Dating Help Before Pennsylvania Gym Shooting

George Sodini sought help on how to pick up younger women in the years before he opened fire at a Pittsburgh area gym, killing four, including himself, and wounding more than a dozen others.
The only thing disgusting is your attitude.

Loners are just future shooters eh?

You, nor we, are in any way qualified to make this assessment and it is peak assholeness to make it with what evidence we have on hand.

People can be weird without being broken.

Oct 27, 2017
I'm with you OP. I hate seeing people living there lives too; mostly because I'm an empty hollow shell myself... (forever alone sounds about right).

Really grinds my gears.

Don't even get me started on any kind of success, or young people, or the most disgusting of all successful young people who are only just above failed old people as the worst people ever. I feel you op.

olag

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Yes.
Eventually they will find someone half their age. While they're vacationing by themselves in Thailand or the Dominican..
I don't get this comment. Is he disgusting because he is dating someone half his age or is he disgusting cause of the implication that he hired someone......cause I'm not entirely sure I see the issue either way.