• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Tenrius

For the Snark was a Boojum, you see
Oct 25, 2017
Tunnelbear is great. You get 500 Mb for free every month and you can also tweet for an additional 1 Gb.

carlsojo

Oct 28, 2017
San Francisco
This is unnecessarily draconian. What country is this? I've worked in almost a dozen hospitals around the country but none that put any restrictions on internet content.

Also, staff usually has their own private network separate from the freely available WiFi that the patients use.
But even then blocking Facebook is ridiculously petty. Doctors and nurses are people too and they have breaks and/or periods of downtime. If they want to check facebook, fucking let them.

Been to a few different hospitals now. It's always interesting what they do and don't block. At my current assignment for example fucking Google docs is blocked.

OP
OP
GTAce

GTAce

Oct 27, 2017
Bonn, Germany
Their content gateway blocks all social media because they don't trust their employees not to fuck around all day on the internet.
Yeah, but they all have smartphones with their own dataplans nowadays, so they can do whatever they want through LTE and 3G. lol
It's absolutely unnessecary to block out patients and if bandwidth would be a concern, they could simply cap it (which they don't do).

OP
OP
GTAce

GTAce

Oct 27, 2017
Bonn, Germany
why not just netflix and chill (for real) instead of facebook and thrill?
There are just many people I want to keep posted, that's all.
I love how British people say "in hospital".

Anyways, if you want to have fun, come join us in the Cosmos stream: https://www.twitch.tv/cosmos
That's nice, but I got no time. Also, I am German. ;)

My left leg's being amputated by the way. Still no idea when, maybe sometime next week.