• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Hoggle

Mar 25, 2021
It's stupidly good. One of my first deaths to a Grunt had in him up and proclaim"Bow down before me, for I am the lord of the Grunts!"

Or a Marine to a Grunt "I guess I'd look ugly if I breathed farts all day".

Deleted member 68874

Account closed at user request
Banned
May 10, 2020
Makes me not want to kill them when they are mid sentence. It's kind of incredible that I dont think I've heard a repeated line yet.

Biggzy

Oct 27, 2017
Bless Staten and the people who added this feature.

It sounds like so many little changes were made once Staten came on board that do not seem big on paper but made the game feel a little more Halo.

The dialogue in the game is indeed great and makes you feel like you are fighting living things rather than AI.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Unable to tag you because I've totally forgotten your Era name but I know one of the folks who worked on this grunt dialogue stuff is a member here.

Show yourself and get the cred!

OP
OP
Theorry

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Here you go, 55 minutes of Glibnub roasting everyone on Zeta Halo:

"Poem to the Master Chief. Your blood is red, your teammate is blue and your parents to dont remember you"

D6l8fu1.gif

Last edited:

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Starbreeze games and now Machinegames have great enemy dialogue along with Monolith's No One Lives Forever. A lot of stealth games have great enemy dialogue which helps with all the waiting in bushes and gives worldbuilding e.g. Splinter Cell, Deus Ex, etc.

Wrexis

Nov 4, 2017
I'm amazed at the turnaround here, from none to this. Cemented Halo as the GOAT.

RedSparrows

Prophet of Regret
Feb 22, 2019
'There he is! No... wait, it was a tree'.

Sadly, this was deep in a Forerunner installation!

DeepBlueDay

Jan 10, 2020
I'm really looking forward to play this during the holidays.

While I'm here I wanna mention the enemy dialogue in Metro Exodus.
Enemies swear and insult you in every single line they say, it's hilarious !

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Reminds me a lot of the Borderlands mook dialogues they would yell as they died (more so in 2 and 3). "jokes on you, I was in massive debt"

Hoggle

Mar 25, 2021
One time I found a propaganda tower and the grunt was just crying. He said "Yes I'm crying and I know the mic is on. I don't care." Or something to that effect.

breakfuss

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
It's so stupid that it's brilliant. LOL. And given the tone of the plot it shouldn't work but it absolutely does. Displaces Borderlands 2 as the game with the funniest NPC dialogue in my book.

There's a line I can't recall verbatim but the grunt is like, "aaaanybody heardED thaaaaat?!" on this weird ass Steve Urkel vibe 😂😂.

Last edited:
Jan 4, 2018
It sounds like so many little changes were made once Staten came on board that do not seem big on paper but made the game feel a little more Halo.

The dialogue in the game is indeed great and makes you feel like you are fighting living things rather than AI.

I suspect the tripod-sound on the Phantom was also added late in development as it wasn't in the July 2020 demo.

Little sublte addition but I love it. War of the Worlds vibes.

Charcoal

Nov 2, 2017
It's absolutely incredible. My TikTok algorithm is showing me so much Infinite content, with the majority being unique grunt voice lines. I love it.

effingvic

Oct 25, 2017
I'm still cracking up at the Elite who was like "The demon has absconded with a banshee!"

Who the hell says absconded lol. Couldnt stop laughing.

Jan 4, 2018
Will he stay at the helm of Halo, or is he going back to producing second party games at Xbox?

He's staying.

In retrospect, it sounds pretty easy and straightforward. But coming onto the team in the middle of a pandemic, you know, meeting everybody remotely... it was a very interesting time to jump in as a creative leader to a project. Ultimately I think all that work really paid off, and I'm just super excited about being on the team. I should also say that was half of my job. The other half of my job was planning for the future, which we can't really talk about today. But that work has been really enjoyable too.

www.eurogamer.net

Halo Infinite: the big interview with 343 Head of Creative Joseph Staten

Joseph Staten, Head of Creative at 343 Industries, looks knackered as he peers into his webcam. He admits as much. It's…

panda-zebra

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
I loved this about the game even if I wasn;t ready for it and the tone seemed a bit too silly at first, but it's a game so I just went with it as they came out with some stuff that I couldn't help but smile at. I think what really turned me around on it was the variety and context. Whoever is responsible for this, it's exceptional really, well done.

Letters

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
The dialogue is absolutely incredible, the Grunts are the highlight but the other units say cool stuff too. This game is a masterpiece.

SteelOak

Oct 28, 2017
I don't have it recorded but I shot a grunt mid granade throw and as he was dropping nade he sreamed "I don't know what to do" and I lost it.