• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Is Clegane Bowl going down?

• Yes

Votes: 246 53.7%
  • No

Votes: 40 8.7%
  • I'm gonna have to eat every fucking chicken in this room

Votes: 172 37.6%

• Total voters

Window

Oct 27, 2017
I don't think it'll happen. Not enough time and not that important. I do wonder however why The Hound was brought back. He must have some role to play still. His arc seemed finished otherwise in season 4. BTW, do the books have Arya and Hound adventuring together like in the show?

ryseing

Bought courtside tickets just to read a book.
Oct 25, 2017
For lovers
Airhorns

It's 100% confirmed because as mentioned memes write the show now.

How will the book handle it better? The Mountain ends up in literally the exact same predicament at the end of the last book as he does in the show. He is a non-verbal walking zombie under the control of Qyburn and Cersei. How is that suddenly going to change in the new books?

The books will do it as Cersei's trial by combat instead of Cersei blowing up the sept.

Apr 8, 2018
I'm ready
684.jpg

Sasliquid

Oct 25, 2017
I put no cos I doubt it'll happen in the books (wether George finishes anymore books or not) and that's the only canon that matters to me.

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
It's gonna happen and I think the result is gonna be this season's horrifying upset: Hound is going to lose pretty handily and Mountain will perish in a completely different incident later. They'll both die, but not as a direct result of the Klegane Bowl.

apocat

Oct 27, 2017
My armchair theory: The Zombie Mountain gets posessed by the night king and fights the Hound with the help of Arya and he's defeated when the Hound uses Berric's flaming sword.

Fanfictiony as fuck but it seems right in line with where D&D seem to be taking these characters.

I hate this so much, and am also absolutely prepared to believe it. The depths this show has fallen to.

Sande

Oct 25, 2017
Probably will happen, for the wrong reasons, in a stupid way.

It hasn't mattered since The Mountain's zombification anyway.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Do people care anymore? The Mountain is a zombie Terminator now. What satisfaction is there for the hound in facing him? Get the same sense of vengeance from pissing on a grave.

This, why should I care when he doesn't even speak? At best, I'll just hope the Hound doesn't die, but it's not a highly anticipated fight for me.

Ocean Bones

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
My armchair theory: The Zombie Mountain gets posessed by the night king and fights the Hound with the help of Arya and he's defeated when the Hound uses Berric's flaming sword.

Fanfictiony as fuck but it seems right in line with where D&D seem to be taking these characters.

Him burning the mountain would be fitting at least.

Deleted member 249

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Clegaine bowl will absolutely happen.

My official prediction is that Sandor will save someone from his brother (probably Arya or Brienne) and they will fight to the death. Sandor will win the fight, but is mortally wounded in the process. Arya will put him out of his misery after he asks her if she remembers where the Heart is.
I like this

Ebullientprism

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If the fan service in the premiere is any indication hell yeah it's happening.

Yep.

It makes no sense since the Mountain is no longer the mountain but just a zombie. So the Hound might as well be stabbing bags of sand for all the revenge it gets him.

But it is super fan service-y and that is what the show has been about for a season or so.

Deleted member 35011

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 1, 2017
I think it will end with them both burning to death, the Hound realizing it's the only way to win and conquering his fear. Don't want the Hound to die in the fire but I remember the "he will burn in Hell, but not today" line.

Damerman

Banned
Jun 9, 2018
Clegaine bowl will absolutely happen.

My official prediction is that Sandor will save someone from his brother (probably Arya or Brienne) and they will fight to the death. Sandor will win the fight, but is mortally wounded in the process. Arya will put him out of his misery after he asks her if she remembers where the Heart is.
Jesus christ... thats literally whats gonna happen lmao

Deleted member 30544

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Nov 3, 2017
The only way i can think this can be played out GoT style is to have the Hound winning the fight at first (like with Oberyn).......but instead of him getting cocky and to try to extend the fight he just kills Gregor without too much fanfare.

Maybe you can add something like the use of fire in order to have some drama during the fight , but that's it.

If the Mountain kills the hound will be fucking lame.

Also we can wait for something like Bran warging into the Mountain or something, since he is a simpleton even before being a zombie.

bunbun777

Oct 29, 2017
Nw
Face off: Sandor says something crude, mountain's eyes close up: Sandor lifts weapon, Arya comes and somersaults over the hound and decapitates the mountain, turns back and smirks at hound then runs away.

Pandaman

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Mountain kills The Hound, Mountains sword takes off its mask, it was Aria the whole time, Aria kills the Mountain.