• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
As soon as you buy it and open the shrink wrap.

Deleted member 39144

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 27, 2018
I'm waiting. I'm interested in trying it, but not interested enough to buy it. So it'll either be Gamepass or a really cheap sale purchase.

Oct 29, 2017
Yes when the new consoles launch. My guess is it'll be one of the next gen games included in gamepass for launch. They've already talked about next gen upgrades for the game with RT etc.

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
It was a mistake by Phil that may or may not mean it is coming to Game Pass, just as any other game may or may not be coming to Game Pass.

It's worth buying. Or perhaps you might like to wait for the recently announced next gen versions.

Ojli

Chicken Chaser
Oct 28, 2017
Sweden
If you have game pass now, I'm sure you can play something good while you wait. If it comes to game pass, great! If it does not, you might get it cheaper and with incoming DLC

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
If you really want to play the game, then buy it and support the developers so they will make more games like it.

Bede-x

Oct 25, 2017
We don't know. Until something is announced, we have no way of knowing. I haven't bought it, since I've never really enjoyed anything from Remedy, but I'll give it a chance if it comes to Game Pass due to the positive word of mouth.

Oct 27, 2017
Game on Game Pass begging reaching Switch begging territories, lol.
Then you don't understand the context of the thread. Phil Spencer let it slip that it was coming to Gamepass. Either he misspoke or spoke too soon. We don't know for sure. This is not like asking if (random game) is coming to Switch without any other previous information around a game coming to that platform..

Deleted member 39144

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 27, 2018
People complaining about port begging seems infinitely more prevalent to me than those who actually port beg.

Dervius

Oct 28, 2017
UK
Just buy it online from a different region's store on the Xbox if it's too expensive at retail.

Ales34

Apr 15, 2018
I've been waiting for it too, but if it doesn't happen soon, I'll probably just buy it.

Oct 25, 2017
I was going to wait for this one to come to Steam, but since that GP "leak" I'm no longer going to buy it. I paid €85 for two years of GP so I have to get my money's worth out of it which means I will avoid buying games that have a high chance of coming to it. Already got rewarded for avoiding buying A Plague Tale Innocence.

It's also published by 505 Games which puts lots of stuff on GP so it seems like a wise decision to avoid buying Control for now. Focus Home Interactive and Devolver Digital are two other publishers that would be wise for GP owners to boycott.

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
I bought and Platinumed the game on PS4 and loved every second of it. I highly recommend a buy... But at the same time, as someone who also owns an Xbox One X and has a Game Pass subscrip, I sorta want it to drop on Game Pass so I can replay it and maybe get 1000/1000 on the Xbox side too! :p

Oct 25, 2017
But that isn't boycotting. Or do you mean boycotting by not giving these publishers money directly? You're still giving those publishers business, so it doesn't sound to me like boycotting.
I mean not buying their games.

It doesn't matter to publishers if you download their game on GP or not. Microsoft pays them a flat fee to be on it, the download/play counts don't matter. Even if you don't download the game, as a GP owner you are indirectly giving them money through Microsoft anyway.

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
I mean not buying their games.

It doesn't matter to publishers if you download their game on GP or not. Microsoft pays them a flat fee to be on it, the download/play counts don't matter. Even if you don't download the game, as a GP owner you are indirectly giving them money through Microsoft anyway.
Ok but boycotting is about stopping commercial or social relations with a company or person, as protest or punishment. This doesn't sound like it to me 🤷🏾‍♂️

Oct 25, 2017
I loved the game, one of my favorites of last year, but at this point at least wait until the DLC comes out. That way you can either play it on Game Pass or just buy the Complete Edition bundle or whatever.

Drowner

Banned
May 20, 2019
I thought this tweet from Xbox Game Pass a few days ago was teasing Control being added, but maybe I misread.

Kapryov

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
We don't know, it's not confirmed (if anything it's deconfirmed at the moment).
If it was an early slip up then it'll turn up eventually, but they haven't announced anything.

Who knows, maybe he accidentally mentioned something being negotiated for the end of the year.

RestEerie

Banned
Aug 20, 2018
Remedy:

giphy.gif

JimD

Aug 17, 2018
I posted this in the Game Pass OT, but Control has an expansion launching on March 26 that's a timed exclusive for PS4. My guess is it won't be added to any subscription service like Game Pass until a while after that. So possibly late April at the earliest.

Also OP, you may want to update the first post with the info about Spencer specifically mentioning the game coming to GP. Otherwise you'll get even more people hopping in the thread, reading nothing else, and drive-by complaining about port begging.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Buy it. It's a great game. Remedy deserve your direct support. Otherwise, wait however long you have to for the mighty GamePass gods to shine down on you.
Judging from like, all remedys previous efforts, you arent missing much.
What the fuck is this?
It's really not that good of a game tbh.
And what the fuck is this?
I was going to wait for this one to come to Steam, but since that GP "leak" I'm no longer going to buy it. I paid €85 for two years of GP so I have to get my money's worth out of it which means I will avoid buying games that have a high chance of coming to it. Already got rewarded for avoiding buying A Plague Tale Innocence.

It's also published by 505 Games which puts lots of stuff on GP so it seems like a wise decision to avoid buying Control for now. Focus Home Interactive and Devolver Digital are two other publishers that would be wise for GP owners to boycott.
Do you know what boycotting is? This thread is fucking looney.