• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Will the Switch 2 launch alongside The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

digitalrelic

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Biggest Change
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So now that we know that the next Zelda launches May 12th, 2023, how are we feeling about the odds of it launching alongside a Switch 2?

Nintendo recently stated that a Switch 2 will not be releasing during the 2022 fiscal year, which ends in March of 2023:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/tech...is-fiscal-year-says-nikkei-report/ar-AA10i99v

The Switch will have been out for over 6 years as of May of next year, and as we all know, Switch 2 leaks and rumors have been rampant for the last 2 years or so.

I'm going with "yes". It seems too perfect timing-wise for it not to.

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Strongest doubt I could ever doubt

Hopium is gonna be strong with this one

RowdyReverb

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
I wish they would, but with Nintendo who knows? The Switch is still selling very well and has to be dirt cheap to produce at this point, despite the ongoing supply constraints. But damn, the gameplay trailer graphics are looking a bit long in the tooth compared to Sony/MS

Oct 27, 2017
I honestly do think so. If you noticed from the releases they were heavily early 2023 with exact dates, unlike most Directs which might just announce 2023 without specifying when. I think there's a new system coming next year. I haven't really felt strongly from the leakers and "insiders", but from this Direct i got that impression really strongly

Gyro Zeppeli

Oct 27, 2017
Switch Pro Max/Switch 2 is not a thing. Will there be a next gen Nintendo console? Obviously. Soon? No. I'm going with 2024 at the earliest.

Rimkrak

Oct 26, 2017
Nah it will launch for Christmas 2023 alongside a switch 2 version of Zelda TOTK so you have to double dip

pioneer

May 31, 2022
I hope so, but I don't think anyone has any business trying to predict Nintendo at this point 😪

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Lol, keep praying.

First half of 2024. MAYBE Holiday 2023, if you're lucky. (But you won't be.)

Mar 23, 2018
No way. They can hit this iron for another year or so. It didn't lose a step at all and actually release with more than two games next time.

Thorn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
A switch game just broke Japan's all time launch numbers.

Nintendo is in no rush

maximumzero

Oct 25, 2017
New Orleans, LA
Jesus Christ, I don't think there's every been as much talk and hype about a nonexistent product as there has been about whatever's coming after the Nintendo Switch.

Oct 25, 2017
It releasing in May makes me pretty certain that the Switch 2 is probably at least a year away. I don't see Nintendo doing a console launch late spring.

Deleted member 93062

Account closed at user request
Banned
Mar 4, 2021
A switch game just broke Japan's all time launch numbers.

Nintendo is in no rush
Well if reports are anything to go by, developers have been working on games using Switch 2 dev kits for a while now. It would be really bad of Nintendo to leave those devs sitting on their hands waiting for them to release the Switch 2 in 2-3 years.