• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

DanteMenethil

Oct 25, 2017
Edit: thread title will specify for Doom Eternal shortly

If you have the Bethesda launcher version, you will notice that the executable is 370mb (it has denuvo)
MgIlRCL.png

However they, for some reason, put the denuvo-less version of the executable in a folder called "original" (lol)

tAOxFzT.png

Back it up before its patched up / removed if you want to play without denuvo

Saturday

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Isnt this

Isnt this the second time this has happened (Rage 2?)

Maybe it's a troll exe lol

Delusibeta

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
So, fun fact, they also did this with Rage 2, with the explanation being that they were using Steam to distribute review copies and didn't want the game to leak early. Which does raise questions about their review code distribution processes, and strikes me as a particularly bad waste of money.

Anyway, they patched Denuvo out of the Steam version of Rage 2 shortly after release. I'd expect them to do the same here.

[Edit] Re-reading the OP: wait, they literally shoved the Denuvo-less exe in a folder and kept in the Steam install? Wow, that's even dumber than the Rage 2 antics.

Oct 25, 2017
Please back it up so that if it has been patched away by the time I get around to playing, I can download it.
Thank you for your service.

Raydonn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
So, this will be another very good test to see the performance penalty from Denuvo. Can't wait to see the results.

GameAddict411

Oct 26, 2017
This is so weird. I tried accessing the game directory but the file was empty. Steam indicates that everything is fine even after verifying file integrity.

Doskoi Panda

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
lmao

the fact that it's happened twice now does lend a bit of credence to the idea that Bethesda were just using Denuvo to keep review copies from leaking and they intend to patch it out soon, but I'm still laughing

AshenOne

Feb 21, 2018
Pakistan
lmao

the fact that it's happened twice now does lend a bit of credence to the idea that Bethesda were just using Denuvo to keep review copies from leaking and they intend to patch it out soon, but I'm still laughing
Well it looks like they already took the non drm exe out of the bethesda.net version so it looks like it was a legit mistake and not them giving us it officially..

See?

I unpacked it but it's not there.

Deleted member 5028

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Please be kind and delete the files from your computer and nuke this thread. Do the right thing.

lol

LordRuyn

Oct 29, 2017
Too late for them, it's already all over the Internet and every major person in the scene has their hands on it. Just googled it and reddit was the first result with instructions. Personally I hate denuvo so I'll just wait like I did with the first one till they drop Denuvo or it goes on steep sale