• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
São Paulo - Brazil
www.theilluminerdi.com

Resident Evil Reboot: Hannah John-Kamen Offered Jill Valentine Role And New Remake Details: Exclusive - The Illuminerdi

Ant-Man and the Wasp's Hannah John-Kamen has been officially offered the role of Jill Valentine in the upcoming Resident Evil reboot for Screen Gems.

In the new Resident Evil reboot, Valentine is described as a small town girl that enjoys hunting with the guys. She is gorgeous yet tough, and she knows how to have a good time. If John-Kamen doesn't lock in the role, they are keeping the casting open to all ethnicities, but they are focusing on casting an African-American with mixed heritage for the role. With all those factors in place for their casting search, it's easy to see how John-Kamen got the contract opportunity.

residenteevil7-novo-jillvalentine.jpg

I think it would be a really cool choice for Jill. As of right now I'm rooting for her.

There are also other details of the film and other possbile actors for other roles:

As previously reported, Claire Redfield, Leon Kennedy, Chris Redfield, and Albert Wesker are all majors characters from the video game to be adapted into lead roles in the film. Wesker is 28 years old and described as intense and good looking, but not necessarily in a virtuous way. We can additionally confirm that Chief Irons, a minor antagonist from the game, will appear as well. Irons, who many may remember had a tragic end in the game series, is 60 years old and unhealthy. He's described as the type who is crossing days off of his calendar towards his retirement.

Nothing of this is news I guess, but I didn't see any thread not found it while searching... maybe it just means there is no interest for this but I was really excited about what I read, and it seems they are going to be much more faithful to the games. I mean, what can possible go wrong?

Also, I have no idea how credible this site is, if it's a wegotitcovered type deal please put a railgun into my mouth and pull the trigger.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Classic Jill in Apocalypse looked the part and it was still jacked
latest

Last edited:

Star-Lord

Oct 25, 2017
www.theilluminerdi.com

Resident Evil Reboot: Hannah John-Kamen Offered Jill Valentine Role And New Remake Details: Exclusive - The Illuminerdi

Ant-Man and the Wasp's Hannah John-Kamen has been officially offered the role of Jill Valentine in the upcoming Resident Evil reboot for Screen Gems.

residenteevil7-novo-jillvalentine.jpg

I think it would be a really cool choice for Jill. As of right now I'm rooting for her.

There are also other details of the film and other possbile actors for other roles:

Nothing of this is news I guess, but I didn't see any thread not found it while searching... maybe it just means there is no interest for this but I was really excited about what I read, and it seems they are going to be much more faithful to the games. I mean, what can possible go wrong?

Also, I have no idea how credible this site is, if it's a wegotitcovered type deal please put a railgun into my mouth and pull the trigger.
I think she was fine in ant man in the wasp so we'll see.

Rust

Jan 24, 2018
I'm okay with that, but I thought they were doing a TV series, not another movie?

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
There's an upcoming Resident Evil movie? same director and Milla Jovovich?

No, that version is officially over, RE has vascilated between a new movie and TV series reboot. Jovovich and her husband are doing Monster Hunter now (for what seems like an eternity now).

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
There's an upcoming Resident Evil movie? same director and Milla Jovovich?
Nope, they went off to ruin Monster Hunter. This reboot got announce like the same day the final film came out.

Resident Evil Apocalipse is probably my favorite RE movie, possibly because it leans so strongly on RE3. Sienna Guillory did a great job as Jill, even with the movie constantly sabotaging her.
I only really like the first. I feel like they nerf Jill (and literally everyone else) to push Alice

Oct 27, 2017
I can see it.

Glad they are not trying to force another Alice into the series. If Jill is one of the main protagonists then thia movie sounds better than the last series.

SirKai

Dec 28, 2017
Washington
Both her and the Claire casting (as of now) are total wins, especially Kaya as Claire. I'm soooo down. I hope this is good.

Dark Ninja

Oct 27, 2017
Why is it so hard to make a movie about the mansion incident. Why is Leon and irons even in this.

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
Pretty sure it's still the same studio as the old ones making this, even without Anderson and Jovovich, so I'd say plenty.

Either way, citing Ant-Man and the Wasp specifically in the title makes sense with it being the most high-profile of her roles overall, the closest after being Ready Player One. I've actually watched most of Killjoys and realize that most people have never seen nor know about that show.

OP
OP
SofNascimento

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
São Paulo - Brazil
Pretty sure it's still the same studio as the old ones making this, even without Anderson and Jovovich, so I'd say plenty.

Either way, citing Ant-Man and the Wasp specifically in the title makes sense with it being the most high-profile of her roles overall, the closest after being Ready Player One. I've actually watched most of Killjoys and realize that most people have never seen nor know about that show.

It's a videogame adaptation, thing going wrong in the norm. I meant it as a jest...

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
Ah, yeah, that's fair. Still would be nice for there to finally be something to mark a turning point for video game adaptations (someone finally "getting" anime/manga adaptations as the norm as well would likely be expecting too much) as comic book films eventually saw.

Genesius

Nov 2, 2018
Hopefully they'll just adapt the game story instead of trying to conjure up some original take. I'm the boring person that just wants to see those stories dramatized well in live action. Sounds like the TLOU HBO series is going to do just that and I'm excited for it.

SushiReese

Oct 30, 2017
Based on the history of most video-game adapted movie, the quality of movie totally depends on the director and writer instead of actors and budget.
e.g: Silent Hill movie 1&2, Street Fighter and Sonic movies. If the writer/director fail to find the balance between source material and cinematic storytelling, even the cast are good, the overall movies would still suck ass.

Anti

Banned
Nov 22, 2017
Australia
No, that version is officially over, RE has vascilated between a new movie and TV series reboot. Jovovich and her husband are doing Monster Hunter now (for what seems like an eternity now).
Nope, they went off to ruin Monster Hunter. This reboot got announce like the same day the final film came out.

Great, I'm glad, those movies were horrible and laughable. I feel bad for Monster Hunter now hahaha

SushiReese

Oct 30, 2017
Resident Evil Apocalipse is probably my favorite RE movie, possibly because it leans so strongly on RE3. Sienna Guillory did a great job as Jill, even with the movie constantly sabotaging her.

I can't forgive how Capcom butched the iconic opening of downfall of Raccoon City and even Nemesis in the movie are more threatening than the discounted Mr X we got from the remake.
Resident Evil Apocalipse shows more respect to original classic materials than the remake 3. Don't @ me.

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Literally nothing in the OP sounds good ???

Why are they forcing Leon in this as well ?

Spare my boy

CosmicGP

Oct 28, 2017
Cool, she's hot, but does it matter who plays Jill if it's another shitty Resident Evil movie?

The previous movie Jill was perfect, didn't mean crap for the movie.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
IIRC this reboot is said to actually want to go to the horror roots. When it (the movie reboot) was announced, RE7 either just released or was coming out soon and they said like RE7 they wanted to bring back it's roots.

Nateo

Oct 27, 2017
Dude doing Mortal Kombat is writing this, says he wants to be faithful to the games yet Claire Chris Jill and Leon will all be main characters ??? This better start out with the Mansion incident ffs.

spman2099

Oct 25, 2017
Hannah is a solid pick, but the description of Jill is pretty rough. That doesn't sound like Jill to me at all. Like, this section, in particular, is bad... "Valentine is described as a small town girl that enjoys hunting with the guys. She is gorgeous yet tough, and she knows how to have a good time." That almost sounds like Starbuck from Battlestar Galactica, which is never a comparison you want to hear associated with a character in your project.

Oct 27, 2017
Dude doing Mortal Kombat is writing this, says he wants to be faithful to the games yet Claire Chris Jill and Leon will all be main characters ??? This better start out with the Mansion incident ffs.
If you ask me, I say get creative with it. Mix RE1 and 2 and take some elements from Code Veronica. Start at the mansion then go to the city and havee Chris and Claire meet.

MK wasn't that faithful too but what it did was great anyway so as long as they make something that respects the source material yet takes liberties and the result is good then I am fine with it.

Reedirect

Oct 27, 2017
Good choice. Also the first time I'm seeing Kaya Scodelario being mentioned as a possible Claire Redfield, which is another fantastic pick.

Launchpad

Oct 26, 2017
Seems good. I like her a lot in Ant-Man and the Wasp. Still no confidence in this movie until I see a trailer though.