• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Dec 29, 2017
just perusing that thread and it seems like the killers of tupac and biggie were an open secret. crazy these subcultures of gangs, the mafia, and the criminal underworld, not all related, just saying, people knew these things and just didn't talk or were killed themselves before they could be put on the record.

There is a code among the African American gangs, both Blood and Crip. You don't snitch on anyone, no matter who or what. Not even if your mom or children get killed. You don't snitch. It's a unique code to the African American gangs. That's one of the big reasons the murders were never solved.

Mexican, Asian, and White gangs have a different code when it comes to snitching. For the most part you can snitch on other gangs if they are not the same race or nationality.

Oct 25, 2017
Hammer was the only artist signed to Death Row Records who wasn't fucked over by Suge Knight.

That should tell you everything you need to know about him.

Enduin

You look 40
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Makes me completely re-evaluate this scene from Harold and Kumar.

tenor.gif

Deleted member 27246

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Gang life is some crazy shit. I have no clue how people live day to day in that life.

Sure is. I used to be fascinated by US gang culture when I was in my early teens (not wanting to participate tho, mind you) and I was pretty into hip hop. But somehow (maybe bc I am a Dutchie) I had no idea Puff was into shit like this. I didn't know he had affiliations etc.

Back then there were shitloads of conspiracies, but in the end I thought it was 'just' gang related. Gangs who wanted to act cool by killing famous people. I had no idea these famous people were actually behind this shit.

Thanks for the link.I was mind blown.

OP
OP
Exile20

Exile20

Oct 25, 2017
I also have been watching some of the Wu-Tang interviews and they don't seem to like each other. Well at least RZA.

Yams

Oct 25, 2017
There is a code among the African American gangs, both Blood and Crip. You don't snitch on anyone, no matter who or what. Not even if your mom or children get killed. You don't snitch. It's a unique code to the African American gangs. That's one of the big reasons the murders were never solved.

Mexican, Asian, and White gangs have a different code when it comes to snitching. For the most part you can snitch on other gangs if they are not the same race or nationality.

You're not supposed to snitch if you're in Latino gangs unless you're given orders to do it. I grew up with people that are now deep into that shit.

"Snitches get stitches" comes from Mexican gangs in jail because if they find out you talked they cut your face from side of mouth all the way up through the cheek on the courtyard. While the cutter is hiding the knife another dude beats your face to make sure you have to get a shit load of stitches.

DrFunk

Oct 25, 2017

Yams

Oct 25, 2017
Supposedly J.Prince has cartel backing. No one is fucking that kind of power.

SapientWolf

Nov 6, 2017
Murder rates in the 90s were sky high. I still remember somebody getting shot in the mall while we were shopping. Had to duck out real quick. I guess it was the height of the crack game.

Deleted member 17658

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Mariachi507

Oct 26, 2017
Damn, this thread is fucking crazy. Sending me down the hip hop rabbit hole where Pac and Biggie's killers are public knowledge.

And it got me to watch the Pumps and a Bump video for the first time in twenty years lmao.

Nov 2, 2017
I'm shook.
Afraid to even post in the thread.

I meant nothin by anything I said or thought or posted or wanted to post. Peace and love to all people.

JuicyPlayer

Feb 8, 2018
This thread is great , to many soccer moms of the 90s hammer was the safe rap compared to Ice Cube and Snoop but low and behold Hammer was actually more gangsta than all of them lol

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The
Back in the early-mid nineties I got this channel called The Box. That channel played music videos 24/7, hip hop almost exclusively, and Pumps and a Bump was played a lot. It was great for obscure rap videos you wouldn't see on like MTV. My friends were always amazed by Pumps and a Bump and the new Hammer. Another one we loved, in a so bad it's good way, was this gem by Deion Sanders.

True story, I was in college in the 90's at West Georgia and we had a celebrity basketball game and Deion Sanders was playing and the DJ were asking if anybody had his CD so they could play that song, and I was the only person that had a copy of it in my car. LOL So I ran to get it so they could play it anytime the attention was on Deion.

Powdered Egg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Stupid question: if Hammer was in deep with the Crips and Suge was deep with the Bloods, wouldn't that have caused too many issues?
Snoop Dogg is a Rollin 60s Crip and Tha Dogg Pound were also Crips. They united for a common cause, the Deathrow business endeavor. Snoop has commented that between their entourages they had to squash minor misunderstandings as far as sides taking offense at the others' customs.

There are also many Crip and Blood sets. Different sets can beef with each other even if they are under the same umbrella.

F2BBm3ga

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Id say less of a "gangstar" but rather had all the gangs behind him. Like, he wasnt a gangster himself, but he had the gangs respect/pockets/will. I mean technically.