• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nemoral

Oct 25, 2017
Fiddler's Green
The amount of ignorance about HPV in here is astounding, particularly given the age demographic, which sits right in the center of the most likely people to have it.

How do I know if I have HPV?
There is no test to find out a person's "HPV status." Also, there is no approved HPV test to find HPV in the mouth or throat.
There are HPV tests that can be used to screen for cervical cancer. These tests are only recommended for screening in women aged 30 years and older. HPV tests are not recommended to screen men, adolescents, or women under the age of 30 years.
Most people with HPV do not know they are infected and never develop symptoms or health problems from it. Some people find out they have HPV when they get genital warts. Women may find out they have HPV when they get an abnormal Pap test result (during cervical cancer screening). Others may only find out once they've developed more serious problems from HPV, such as cancers.
How common is HPV and the health problems caused by HPV?
HPV (the virus): About 79 million Americans are currently infected with HPV. About 14 million people become newly infected each year. HPV is so common that almost every person who is sexually-active will get HPV at some time in their life if they don't get the HPV vaccine.
Health problems related to HPV include genital warts and cervical cancer.
Genital warts: Before HPV vaccines were introduced, roughly 340,000 to 360,000 women and men were affected by genital warts caused by HPV every year.* Also, about one in 100 sexually active adults in the U.S. has genital warts at any given time.
Cervical cancer: Every year, nearly 12,000 women living in the U.S. will be diagnosed with cervical cancer, and more than 4,000 women die from cervical cancer—even with screening and treatment.
https://www.cdc.gov/std/hpv/stdfact-hpv.htm

Oct 27, 2017
Firstly, most people that haven't been vaccinated have a strain of HPV. Second, own up to it. If it's as you say that you've been more sexually active, it's highly probable that you are the source.

Lonewulfeus

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
a66a8b2f6ae5abe498bf26b8c8e5894d.jpg

pants

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017

Statistically speaking, if you've had sex with more than one sexually active partner you've probably been exposed to HPV. Most sexually active adults will be exposed to it at some point in their lives, and the only preventative measure you can take is to have been immunized before you started having sex.

Its generally difficult to test for (I dont even think theres a test for men?), presents no symptoms, and is passed without either partner being aware.

Apologize and let her know she will likely live a happy, healthy life with no further symptoms.

Last edited:

LL_Decitrig

User-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sunderland
So I know about HPV and all but do people actually warn others that they have the symptomless virus? If there is nothing to prevent contamination except no intercourse.

Do you care about people? If so, let any potential partner know about your sexual history before you initiate or respond to intimate contact.

If you don't care about people, maybe post a question on a games forum and hope you'll find a justification for being an arsehole towards potential sexual partners. See how far that gets you.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
Wait a god damn fucking minute. I have been following the confession thread and the no baby thing sounds a lot like that one guy who has been fucking around and got two unwanted pregnancies. Gaijinzero is there something you want to admit to us?

Lakeside

Oct 25, 2017
Do you care about people? If so, let any potential partner know about your sexual history before you initiate or respond to intimate contact.

If you don't care about people, maybe post a question on a games forum and hope you'll find a justification for being an arsehole towards potential sexual partners. See how far that gets you.

I'm confused.

I'd say it's safe to say that most 40 somethings would have had some sex. And if it is symptomless and there is no test for men, what is the right course of action?

Oct 27, 2017
So you're 40 and you're living in Japan and you don't speak Japanese and your girlfriend is 23. You're either a great guy or the worst guy imaginable.

Verano

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Wait a god damn fucking minute. I have been following the confession thread and the no baby thing sounds a lot like that one guy who has been fucking around and got two unwanted pregnancies. Gaijinzero is there something you want to admit to us?
time to get out of this thread before we all get unwanted GW from OP.

LL_Decitrig

User-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sunderland
I'm confused.

I'd say it's safe to say that most 40 somethings would have had some sex. And if it is symptomless and there is no test for men, what is the right course of action?

If you've been notified by a female sexual partner that she developed genital warts, you are very likely to be a carrier. Inform your potential future partner as well as any past sexual partners.

SABO.

Nov 6, 2017
The HPV that produces genital warts really isn't that big of a deal.

For some, it can end up looking unsightly but you just get it frozen off and go about your life.

She's going to be freaking about it for a bit though. I have a skin tag on my penis which I thought was HPV genital warts and I thought my life was over for at least a couple weeks.

Oct 30, 2017
But for real, you should go see a doctor it's possibly nothing too serious and both of you will take some pills and wrap that story up
FYI, there is no cure for genital warts. Its a virus, at best you can hope it goes dormant. While in some people (men) it goes dormant and lives in the lower spine, once you have the virus you have it for life and risk passing it on. Warts also can be very very tiny and hard to see with the human eye but still spread.

DFG

Self requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I was wondering where i keep hearing the whole "pure" thing from. Weebs talk man, i see that too many times on the net. Also incels refee to Japanese woman as "pure". Pretty weird thing to say OP

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
If we could somehow start over or via some fabulous one time magic have all STDs disappear from everyone on the planet, what would happen for the next decade or so when people could have sex as often as they wanted with no worry of dying, STDs, etc?

Afrikan

Oct 28, 2017
, I really don't think she's been sleeping around. It has to be me... I've... done things.

Well before I saw this post, I was going to ask you if you go to massage parlors/pay for sex on the side shit.

I remember when I was younger and scared shitless that I got a STD (it ended up being Jockitch, talk about over reaction)..but I was like oh man it's over... i better read up on forums...and there were a bunch of people all saying they got STDs from Massage Parlors. Well that scared me away from Massage Parlors.

Oct 25, 2017
I shouldn't laugh at your expense, OP. No offense, it's just that...

- Username has "Gaijin" in it
- Living in Japan, but doesn't speak Japanese
- 40 years old and labels his 17 year younger Japanese girlfriend "pure and innocent"

Deleted member 20603

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I can't even imagine this level of nonchalantness. I'm a virgin and have never had sex and got tested anyway for good measure. Stories like this where shit is a mystery is validation enough to keep to myself forever

Subpar Scrub

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You're 40, she's 23. Dude come on, you really think it's you?

"She is 23 and about as pure and innocent as you can imagine."

So one is a 7-day ban (which had provided clarification a few posts later) and one gets overlooked? Thanks for the equality, mods.

Edit: actually now I'm seeing heaps of comments saying "good one!" And stuff to that age statement in the OP, why was Bacon targeted? @mods?

Subpar Scrub

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
how do you live in Japan and not live in Tokyo and not speak Japanese? Is every day an adventure trying to communicate? or is it not that bad?

I'm going to Japan in a couple weeks and I'm a little worried about the language barrier. Tokyo > Shirakawa > Kyoto.

Good luck on your STD issue. I wouldn't just assume it's not your "pure" GF though.

You'll be fine, you don't need to know much of the language to communicate what you want or need. I went to towns/villages with less than 1500 people in it on my last trip and never had an issue. Patience and google translate definitely help though.

Chicken Wing

Banned
Apr 17, 2018
I can't see a 23 year old of any sex that's with someone almost twice their age being "pure". Not that it's a good or bad thing, the age difference, just an observation. OP, pls.

earthsucks

Oct 27, 2017
au
sex ed in japan is borderline non-existent and mostly stuck in the 1940s. if it's not you, i honestly wouldn't be surprised if she didn't even know HPV was a 'thing'.

Chicken Wing

Banned
Apr 17, 2018
So one is a 7-day ban (which had provided clarification a few posts later) and one gets overlooked? Thanks for the equality, mods.

Edit: actually now I'm seeing heaps of comments saying "good one!" And stuff to that age statement in the OP, why was Bacon targeted? @mods?

Also this. There is a distinct lack of consistency in this thread. modsbox explain please

Polyh3dron

Prophet of Regret
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yes, you could very well have had the Herp without any symptoms. It's a very common virus. HPV too.

OP
OP
GaijinZero

GaijinZero

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Fukuoka, Japan
To those that chimed in with advice, thank you. I turned to this forum because it has a reputation of understanding and a certain level of correctness. To everyone else who wanted to twist my words into a joke or pass judgement on a situation or person they don't understand... well, karma will be with you.

Benzychenz

One Winged Slayer
Nov 1, 2017
Australia
40 year old ERA user moves to Japan to find a 23 year old innocent and pure Japanese girl for some genital on genital grinding?

It's like a meme come alive.

Oct 27, 2017
Nottingham, UK
To those that chimed in with advice, thank you. I turned to this forum because it has a reputation of understanding and a certain level of correctness. To everyone else who wanted to twist my words into a joke or pass judgement on a situation or person they don't understand... well, karma will be with you.
Wait, is this 23 year old your (hopefully) former student?

Mate, have a word with yourself

Status
Not open for further replies.