• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Blue Skies

Banned
Mar 27, 2019
Watching The Laundromat right now, it looked cool in the banner, and when the opening credits start, it says "directed by Steven Soderbergh"
Wtf?
This guys made some great ducking movies and now he's doing Netflix films with no marketing?
Also: MERYL DUCKING STREEP IS IN THIS

AND ROSS FROM FRIENDS
AND ANTONIO BANDERAS
AND THAT GUY WHOS NOT JOHNNY DEPP BUT LOOKED LIKE HIM IN THAT ONE MOVIE

also: High flying bird was an entertaining watch.

this movie is a lot like the "The Big Short" meets The Panama Papers.
I recommend it so far.

Window

Oct 27, 2017
We had a thread on the trailer here a few months ago. Didn't look that good imo.

Harp

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
i thought the first ducking was a typo, but then you showed me it's like a thing

i didn't realize ducking was a thing

OP
OP
Blue Skies

Blue Skies

Banned
Mar 27, 2019
I'm watching this on someone else's TV, so I don't know if it's that, but something is off about it, is this that 120fps stuff?

Window

Oct 27, 2017
So uh apparently Meryl Streep plays a Latina woman in this with some...questionable makeup:

Last edited:

Burt

Fight Sephiroth or end video games
Oct 28, 2017
I need to watch High Flying Bird

Right now

Yasuke

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Dude's been a name for me to keep an eye on since High Flying Bird. Can't believe he shot that on a fucking iPhone.

Amiablepercy

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
California
Soderbergh is definitely one of the most versatile directors working today and maybe of all time. He doesn't always hit it all the time and has stumbled unlike some of the Masters but he is immensely talented and should never be counted out.

Window

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, dude does whatever he wants pretty much. I remember when he put the entirety of Raiders of the Lost Ark in black and white on his website. Then he "retired" so he could paint.

That Meryl Streep brownface thing, gross.
Did the same thing with Pscyho, mixing the remake and the original. He definitely dances to his own tune.

Illithid Dude

Oct 26, 2017
Meryl wearing make up is worked in to the plot. Maybe one day we'll get to the point where everyone can get angry *after* they've watched the film.

Window

Oct 27, 2017
Meryl wearing make up is worked in to the plot. Maybe one day we'll get to the point where everyone can get angry *after* they've watched the film.
I know what the plot is, doesn't make it much better. There's nothing wrong with it in principal but the prosthetics and makeup is such a caricature.

Yasuke

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
yeah man, dude was just messing around for thirty years

but now
in 2019

Steven Soderbergh guys, watch out, i think he might be the real deal

Lmfao I didn't mean it that way. I'd never heard of him before High Flying Bird, so I've been trying to watch a lot of his stuff since then. But wasn't implying he was some up and comer.