• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

NoKisum

Nov 11, 2017
DMV Area, USA
This thread:
1324596542030_7713053.png
Ninja should publicly promote breathing just to see how many members here would protest against it.

ElephantShell

Oct 25, 2017
What he says is one side of it but honestly not really the side that draws me personally to Twitch. I watch personalities I like because they're fun to listen to, not necessarily because they're good at the game. Sometimes it's almost like a podcast with a game on the screen as a background thing.

Oct 25, 2017
The Cyclone State
Good interview. He handled himself well.

I think the whole "watching people play" thing more equivocates to something like loving cooking shows, etc. You could easily go cook, but sometimes you want to watch other people cook for entertainment, to learn better ways of cooking, and just to relax. I love watching streamers for entertainment. Sometimes it's to help me get better at a game, sometimes it's to enjoy the banter (Ninja playing with Lupo and TimtheTatMan is a great example of this). People that don't get it are usually the ones that don't play games, so they don't get watching them or playing them.

Edward

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
I have no ill will towards Ninja, i get why people love him and watch him. He's amazing at what he does but watching people play video games isn't my thing. I only watch him when my kids want to watch him and because of him, and the boom of Fortnite they finally stepped their toes in a hobby i love and we play Fortnite together, something that probably wouldn't have happened without him. As far as shit on him and condemn at every chance i can get i won't.

Cranster

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Halo never would have been the pop culture phenomenon it was without Ninja and Drake /s.

spman2099

Oct 25, 2017
Don't criticize Ninja because of his hair color. That is shitty behavior. People should be able to color their hair if they want to.

Don't imply Ninja is a loser, or sexually unaccomplished, or any other bullshit geek stereotype. It just isn't a good look.

Don't criticize the fact that he makes money streaming. It isn't any of your business and you just sound petty.

However, feel free to criticize him for his sexist policies. That shit should be called out frequently because it is garbage.

Oct 31, 2017
I'm guessing people haven't actually watch Ninja or other top streamers like Shroud or Summit or Kraftty to see how infinitely better they are than the average gamer at these games. Like, Ninja plays solo squads and dominates. So when you see him "get beat"...it's because he is the only solo player on a map with all 4 player squads.

Nobody really dominates solo squads anymore, the field has caught up for the most part especially when you look at his stuff from last year. Ninja was in the right place at the right time and was pubstomping right when Fortnite exploded, so his channel took off. Same story with Myth and Daequan. As far as FN competitive goes, he is not a top player at all, just an established name.

Blade Wolf

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Taiwan
Don't criticize Ninja because of his hair color. That is shitty behavior. People should be able to color their hair if they want to.

Don't imply Ninja is a loser, or sexually unaccomplished, or any other bullshit geek stereotype. It just isn't a good look.

Don't criticize the fact that he makes money streaming. It isn't any of your business and you just sound petty.

However, feel free to criticize him for his sexist policies. That shit should be called out frequently because it is garbage.

Agree with you except he is the literally opposite of a ''loser'', he could have 1,000 girlfriends if he wants. (Disgusting sure but technically he can)

Oct 30, 2017
It was. This place just loves to skip the OP and start reacting.

Hair color?
New suits?
Ensure you unbutton your jacket before sitting?

Jesus I would love for some of these fashion experts' every move to be critiqued for perfection. Has to be tough being so jelly.
They're probably too busy looking for another pair of these bad boys

13744251_623951137764775_1462790914_n.jpg

spman2099

Oct 25, 2017
I saw this earlier, good video.

Not sure why you posted it on ResetEra though, people here already have their minds made up that he's a terrible sexist who hates women, despite all evidence to the contrary.

Is the evidence found in that video where he talked about how it is his policy to actively discriminate against women? What school of feminism would you slot that into?

Starvigil

Oct 30, 2017
There is something seriously wrong with this community.
Guy is out there promoting video games and esports, telling parents to raise their kids right, explaining to the older generation why so many kids play fortnite with their friends and do silly dances.
Gaming enthusiast community: "Fuck this guy. Here, let me find my collection of clips of him, I'll show you!"

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Video games are already mainstream. None of this matters.

Competitive gaming and video games in general are becoming even bigger because of stuff like this. Universities, big and small, are putting big bucks in esports programs, facilities, and academic programs because they see the growth it could bring to their institution. Parents are hiring coaches for kids because they see the success people like Ninja have. Families watch these kind of streams together on a nightly basis (which is why Ninja turned PG and stopped swearing when he found out families wanted to watch but couldn't). None of these were a thing a few years ago.

It matters.

Kayla

Oct 28, 2017
The hate for this guy is weird. He seems like a nice guy that is very passionate about games.

Oct 27, 2017
seeing how much hate this dude gets makes me like him, before i was indifferent. this guy is a much better logo than pewdiepie and dont hit me with the "he hates women" stuff, that statement of his was fair, he knows how horrible people are to women on the internet and doesnt want any women he knows or cares about having to deal with that shit. it wasnt the greatest but his motivation and intention was good.

Lothars

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Which is the thing he should be called out on. I stand by the fact that's he's garbage because of that policy and he's the one at fault for making twitch more toxic towards people because of it.

seeing how much hate this dude gets makes me like him, before i was indifferent. this guy is a much better logo than pewdiepie and dont hit me with the "he hates women" stuff, that statement of his was fair, he knows how horrible people are to women on the internet and doesnt want any women he knows or cares about having to deal with that shit. it wasnt the greatest but his motivation and intention was good.
Nope sorry it wasn't fair and it's bullshit you try to defend him. He's not as garbage as PewDiePie but he's garbage all the same.

Guy is out there promoting video games and esports, telling parents to raise their kids right, explaining to the older generation why so many kids play fortnite with their friends and do silly dances.
Gaming enthusiast community: "Fuck this guy. Here, let me find my collection of clips of him, I'll show you!"
Until he streams with women, he deserves to be called out. He doesn't deserve any positive media until than.

spman2099

Oct 25, 2017
The hate for this guy is weird. He seems like a nice guy that is very passionate about games.

People are just really against sexism here. That being said, if he really has reversed his sexist policies (as I am seeing some murmurings of in this thread) I'm sure the hate will die down considerably.

D23

Oct 25, 2017
this guy is living all of era's dream!

play video games and get paid millions

Jessie

Oct 27, 2017
His hair isn't going to survive that dye. I don't think it looks bad, I'm just cringing at the damage he's doing to his scalp.

Oct 25, 2017
This is especially true if you ignore all the sexist shit he pulled

7threst

Oct 25, 2017
Netherlands
Lol, this guy sounds like an absolute funny dude haha! I enjoyed the video, thanks for posting this. I don't know anything about game streamers but I wouldn't hate on this guy.

Edit:

People are just really against sexism here. That being said, if he really has reversed his sexist policies (as I am seeing some murmurings of in this thread) I'm sure the hate will die down considerably.
Ok wait, show you how much I know about Ninja. I only watched the Fallon video, but the guy is a sexist?

HamSandwich

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly I had no idea who this guy was until like a few months ago. I saw him play Blops 4 with shroud and that was the first I've heard of him.

SABO.

Nov 6, 2017
Man this thread is full of embarrassing posts...

Ninja is a great representative for gaming and this interview does a great job of portraying a gamer as a polished professional.

This is especially true if you ignore all the sexist shit he pulled

Please direct me to "all" the sexist shit he pulled.

AFAIK there's only the comments that he wouldn't stream with other females out of respect for his wife and that he doesn't trust the online community.

spman2099

Oct 25, 2017
Ok wait, show you how much I know about Ninja. I only watched the Fallon video, but the guy is a sexist?

He has a policy to never stream with women. He says it is because he wants to prevent people spreading rumors about him. Some people think that explanation makes the discrimination okay, many others here feel like that does nothing to justify his sexism.

Man this thread is full of embarrassing posts...

Ninja is a great representative for gaming and this interview does a great job of portraying a gamer as a polished professional.

Personally, I think stanning for sexism is substantially more embarrassing. But you do you.

OP
OP
Parenegade

Parenegade

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
He has a policy to never stream with women. He says it is because he wants to prevent people spreading rumors about him. Some people think that explanation makes the discrimination okay, many others here feel like that does nothing to justify his sexism.

He used to. He changed that policy. Personally, I disagreed with him and thought he should use his stream to show why it's important to include women in gaming. That being said I don't think his decision makes him a bad person or a sexist and it definitely doesn't make him PewDiePie like some of the idiots in this thread are suggesting (PewDiePie is a whole different animal).

Chuchubabe

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ninja rolling and haters hating,ninja raising Money haters spending time being outraged at his hair and jacket, people Here should look on the mirror more and stop spending time raging at guys like ninja , they Will not go away just cause you pretend he his a Monster. I AM surprise people speaking out against the Toxic behaviour of era, i knew There was a lots of people who think how fucking bananas people are in his threads. I know because i was banned and labeled anti woman just 2 weeks ago

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
Also, Ninja isn't really sexist. His wife's the reason why he won't stream with women. If he weren't married, he'd be streaming with a lot of ladies. It's not sexism, it's what seems to be an insecure marriage. I blame his wife for being afraid of the hypothetical rumors that'll come from Ninja streaming with a girl!
Stop peddling this false narrative. His wife had nothing to do with him BY HIS OWN WORDS:
https://www.polygon.com/2018/8/11/17675738/ninja-twitch-female-gamers
"If I have one conversation with one female streamer where we're playing with one another, and even if there's a hint of flirting, that is going to be taken and going to be put on every single video and be clickbait forever," Blevins told Polygon.
It was his decision alone to keep his streaming partners men-only. "That was not even her. She had nothing to do with it."
I have to say, it's infuriating how often I've had to correct people about this.

I guess people really are that damn quick to blame women, even for the sexism aimed at them. Absolutely breath-taking.

He changed that policy.
He did? Source?

Akita One

Oct 30, 2017
Nobody really dominates solo squads anymore, the field has caught up for the most part especially when you look at his stuff from last year. Ninja was in the right place at the right time and was pubstomping right when Fortnite exploded, so his channel took off. Same story with Myth and Daequan. As far as FN competitive goes, he is not a top player at all, just an established name.

Are you really saying that he doesn't win almost 2 out of 4 solo squads? And, who said he was the best Fortnite player or the best Fortnite competitive player? He is still far far better than the average person watching his streams. That's the whole point. The players who are better than him don't stream, don't do it regularly, aren't as entertaining...or...they are also popular (Tfue, etc.)

LOL this thread...literally no one is saying Ninja is the only popular streamer, the only good streamer, or the best of all the Fortnite streamers.