• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
I'm exactly the same person as I was years ago too. No growth at all. I don't learn from mistakes. I haven't become a better person.

You?

Uh huh.

Please direct me to "all" the sexist shit he pulled.

AFAIK there's only the comments that he wouldn't stream with other females out of respect for his wife and that he doesn't trust the online community.

Yes.

That's sexism.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Why'd Ninja go from Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan to Super Saiyan God Saiyan? Weakling.

Shoes

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I truly don't understand how some of the people in this thread get through their day-to-day life if they get this outraged at the mere existence of Ninja.

Orbit

Banned
Nov 21, 2018
seems like a pretty cool guy. i'm glad streaming and video games are getting more positive publicity as opposed to the usual "games make people violent" BS

Solaris

Oct 27, 2017
User banned:(1 Day) Inflammatory Generalizations
I truly don't understand how some of the people in this thread get through their day-to-day life if they get this outraged at the mere existence of Ninja.

Reset ERA is full of moral purists who think they're doing the world a great service by being angry and pointing out bad people on an internet forum.

SABO.

Nov 6, 2017
Uh huh.

Yes.

That's sexism.

The request was to direct me to "all". The suggestion is that there is more than 1 incident. There isn't any denial that his comments were sexist.

It seems he's been able to learn and grown from that incident, changing his stance and potentially his views? (I'm not sure, I can't see inside his head)

There's been evidence provided in this thread that he hasn't kept the same stance.

Maybe you can direct me to all the other sexism he has displayed?

edit:

Unrelated to sexism, Ninja also used to be a troll & constantly swear and throw abuse on his streams at competitors. They couldn't hear him in game but everything is captured.

He grew up and moved on from that type of behaviour. He barely swears on stream now and always requests others to do the same while streaming with him.

People do learn from their mistakes and they do grow.

FLCL

Oct 27, 2017
I don't agree with that sorry. As I never watch someone play video games and play them myself. In sports it's different, i play basketball and football + watch my favorite teams. Two days a week we play basketball or football that doesn't mean "I can't do it" .. People enjoy watching other people play video games that's fine but saying you can't do it yourself is absurd. And what high level of competition you're talking about Ninja? IIRC you got eliminated very early in the last Fortnite championship..
With "I can't do it myself" he is talking about playing the game on a higher level. And no not everyone can do that. Same with traditional sports. Sure you can play football but that doesn't mean you play on the same level as people on pro teams?

Of course people enjoy watching the best players in certain games and Ninjas answer is 100% correct. Is that so hard to believe?

jem

Oct 25, 2017

2nd, even if we do accept his explanation. The skill level for professional sports is infinitely higher than eSports. Ninja regularly gets beat by these so called "less skilled players" that "can't do what he does". I like to see a casual boxing fan get into the ring with Mike Tyson. Good luck with that.
I don't think that's true.

Look at any properly competitive title (ie: anything but Fortnite) and a pro player will beat an average player every single time.

Taking Ninja as an example, no average player would ever best him in a 1v1 at Halo.

Datajoy

use of an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Angola / Zaire border region.
Not as embarrassing as the people ripping into his appearance
Are you 15 years old?
There's many legitimate reasons to dislike this person, but you're really going to rip on the way he looks of all things? Pathetic. You sound like a child.
Are you his mom or something
Yes you are right, I regret making that post ripping his appearance, I apologize.

Oct 25, 2017
I get a lot of people watch Ninja but why are we acting like he pioneered streaming games online or some shit? I'm pretty sure before he became racist, Pew Die Pie did this so what's all this extra extra hype about him? I'm not hating or anything but it's annoying to know that he's being propped up as some gateway to gaming or something. He made one game hot, that's it. Ninja ain't about to make every other game hot, so can we stop.

Bhonar

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I don't have anything against the guy at all -- except his hair color

Criticizing who he chooses to stream with on his own individual personal stream is ridiculous. I'm pretty sure Twitch does not have any rules about mandating every streamer to co-stream with certain types of people?

In fact, I would say 99% of people on Twitch don't even co-stream with anyone at all

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I get a lot of people watch Ninja but why are we acting like he pioneered streaming games online or some shit? I'm pretty sure before he became racist, Pew Die Pie did this so what's all this extra extra hype about him? I'm not hating or anything but it's annoying to know that he's being propped up as some gateway to gaming or something. He made one game hot, that's it. Ninja ain't about to make every other game hot, so can we stop.

Probably has to do with his insane amount of growth in such a short time and the reach he has had.

All of my IRL friends knew who Ninja was. His clips were all over social media on accounts that weren't his. His entire following on all social media blew up. I don't remember that with Pewdiepie.

Nooblet

Oct 25, 2017
Lol at 'gamerz' still dying their hair like Linkin Park are still new
I don't know where you live or what your social circle is but plenty of people who are not "gamerz" dye their hair colourful. Just like how plenty of people get piercings or tattoos. There is nothing wrong with it nor is there anything worth mocking here.

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
Bunch of nerds in here making fun of another nerd cause he's not the right type of nerdy. Shit never changes.

Nooblet

Oct 25, 2017
Dude's hair is gonna be fucked in a few years if he keeps dyeing it every few weeks.
I mean like so many women dye their hair all the time. I am willing to bet that there is already one person in your social circle that always dyes their hair, do you say/think the same thing when it comes to them ? Because this isn't any different or is it that because it's an unnatural colour and he's a dude that makes it different ?

neatsaux

Nov 11, 2018
red room
There's a lot of caring about the appearance of others going on in this thread. Imagine being triggered by a person's hair color.

Deleted member 20284

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Credit where it's due. He nailed that interview and was a great ambassador for gaming while allaying parental fears of a F2P FPS with such pop culture status. Just as he says, he was also entertaining.

TheMango55

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I actually kind of like the guy from what I've seen, I don't watch streams or play Fortnite so I haven't seen much of him though.

But he should have either worn a tie or worn a better fitting shirt with no buttons/less noticeable buttons.

Should have pulled a Phil Spencer and worn a sport coat with a graphic T shirt under it.

shaneo632

Weekend Planner
Oct 29, 2017
Wrexham, Wales
I mean like so many women dye their hair all the time. I am willing to bet that there is already one person in your social circle that always dyes their hair, do you say/think the same thing when it comes to them ? Because this isn't any different or is it that because it's an unnatural colour and he's a dude that makes it different ?

I feel like there are layers of projection in this reply man.