• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 4093

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So yall just gonna let it ride?

serious question.

All the time yall want games to release on EVERY platform but KH3 is being released on Xbox One and the new comp isn't because???

talk.

rochellepaws

Oct 25, 2017
Ireland
Looking at the sales of Valkyria 4 on Xbox compared to other platforms (as well as Persona Arena, Final Fantasy Type 0 and others) I could understand why Japanese developers could reach the conclusion that only high budget, highly marketed games can succeed with the xbox audience.

Dalik

Nov 1, 2017
It's gonna come out to every platform including steam and switch eventually, still a shitty move tho.

AlexxKidd

Banned
May 23, 2018
Pretty sure I posted in that very thread:

Call me crazy but something tells me this is coming to Xbox relatively soon. Possibly Switch as well, but the only reason why it might not get it is because I don't believe it is getting KH3. So Square could be thinking let's not put this on Switch yet as they might start saying, "Thanks, but where's KH3?" I have to believe it'll hit Xbox before KH3 though.

Oh and great deal for any fan who hasn't already picked up the two collections.

Oct 27, 2017
It'd take more effort to port to the Xbox. Should it? Yeah, obviously. I don't even know why Square is even releasing KH3 on Xbox since they clearly don't care about it.

I honestly expect the collection to come to Switch before the Xbox

Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
i mean they never ported 2.5 and 1.5 or 2.8 to XBO before, so it would be a bit expensive to make the ports

smaller japanese games don't really do well on xbox, so it makes sense not to release it. not sure why someone who wants to play smaller japanese games would choose to go XBO only. that's a poor decision and you should have seen situations like this coming

also, i think this kind of port begging is against the rules

funky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm sure it will come eventually like all those FF games

Maybe in a year or 2 when Kingdom Hearts 3 complete edition is coming.

Imran

Oct 24, 2017
The compilation is almost entirely stuff that released on PS4 before.

I have no doubt KH stuff will come to Xbox eventually, but it's not as easy as doing it on PS4.

The Pharmercy

Oct 26, 2017
This was mentioned a lot in the otther thread. We also have a thread about it. Like. C'mooon.

It should go to XB1 though.

Derrick01

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why is this compilation a big deal? Were the other ones on xbox? There's been so many I can't keep track of this mess of a series.

Plus JP games sell the worst on xbox by a massive margin. I know KH is a slightly bigger series than most but that ratio is only going to be a little improved over the others.

Rychu

Oct 25, 2017
Utah, USA
When did they say that? and what else did they get right? Thats a RUMOR:

Era doesn't really care about Xbox One so obviously backlash will be minor.

uh what

Got a link to that, wouldn't mind listening/taking a look

It's a rumor so take with a grain of salt. But one of them have heard that. The point is that not all hope is lost.

1:18:50
When the group was talking about how there's all these Final Fantasy coming to Switch but no Kingdom Hearts.

OP
OP

Deleted member 4093

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
i mean they never ported 2.5 and 1.5 or 2.8 to XBO before, so it would be a bit expensive

smaller japanese games don't really do well on xbox, so it makes sense not to release it

also, i think this kind of port begging is against the rules
First off I'm not port begging. 2nd even if it was a rule why should we be silent when developers are making anti-consumer moves like this and no one cares? KH isn't exclusive and since the 3rd one is releasing on Xbox they shouldn't make consumers buy a PS4 to play it.

Principate

Oct 31, 2017
Why is this compilation a big deal? Were the other ones on xbox? There's been so many I can't keep track of this mess of a series.

Plus JP games sell the worst on xbox by a massive margin. I know KH is a slightly bigger series than most but that ratio is only going to be a little improved over the others.
I mean why bother with KH3 then, might as well just cancel the game.

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
I can see it making it's way over to Switch and Xbox simply based on the Final Fantasy announcement and all those games coming over to both systems.

JB2448

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
I'm always stanning for Atlus and Vanillaware developed games to hit PC, but Kingdom Hearts not being multiplatform outside of Chain of Memories, Birth by Sleep, and III is also something that makes no sense. This isn't a small IP from a small studio: This is a AAA action RPG made by Square Enix in collaboration with Disney. One would think that they'd want it as widely distributed as possible.

mael

Avenger
Nov 3, 2017
Haven't Square Enix's other projects bombed already?
If they didn't like the sales of what they already released maybe they just cut the cord and can't be bothered selling stuffs that are going to be net loss anyway?

Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
First off I'm not port begging. 2nd even if it was a rule why should we be silent when developers are making anti-consumer moves like this and no one cares? KH isn't exclusive and since the 3rd one is releasing on Xbox they shouldn't make consumers buy a PS4 to play it.
Port-begging: Every time here is a new and popular third party game, people often 'beg' for ports of that game for their favorite hardware by either derailing threads or creating new threads. It's not always easy to determine where the line is between harmless speculation and port begging, but generally port begging refers to comments that are disruptive to an existing discussion, fuel for console wars, or completely without substantive basis. Please do not make such posts or threads. If no platforms are announced, speculation about the platforms generally does not qualify as port begging.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
That KH3 announcement on Xbox always felt odd, and Square Enix kept anouncing collection on PS4 with absolutely nothing for Xbox afterward.

spad3

Oct 30, 2017
California
Japanese games don't perform well on Xbox. Why dump money into a port when those types of games don't do well on that console? Doesn't make any sense.

Sonicfan059

Mar 4, 2018
So yall just gonna let it ride?

serious question.

All the time yall want games to release on EVERY platform but KH3 is being released on Xbox One and the new comp isn't because???

talk.
Should be happy they started KH3 before this gen otherwise an XB1 port probably wouldn't even happen.

TheMrPliskin

Oct 26, 2017
I mean, the new compilation is just a package of already existing PS4 games, it's not like they went and did a bunch of porting work for only the PS4 for this compilation.

Status
Not open for further replies.