• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 36622

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 21, 2017
It's finally official: the Old lady agreed to pay around £100 million with Los Blancos for Cristiano Ronaldo, this is certainly a huge news for world football and Serie A, but what about EA? They had already presented FIFA 19 at E3 with the usual focus on Cristiano Ronaldo and Real Madrid (and the Champions League this year)

As you may already know they signed a 3-year partnership with Real Madrid back in 2016 basically to use their brand and most importantly, Cristiano Ronaldo as the face of the game. I don't think that's an issue cause they have already a positive partnership with Juventus, so they could do the same.

Now keep in mind that FIFA 19 is supposed to come in 2 months, so they have make their changes quickly, and here we have two problems:

1) They had already released the new front cover for FIFA 19

https://cdn.images./dynamic/184/photos/93000/620x/FIFA-19-Cristiano-Ronaldo-Juventus-cover-CHANGE-Will-EA-Sports-remove-Real-Madrid-cover-715694.jpg

Changing a cover in time for september is no big deal (they did it already in the past)

2) Journey Mode.

Towards the end of the second season of The Journey, Alex Hunter met Ronaldo and joined Real Madrid before winning the Champions League.

How is that going to change? Is FIFA 19 going to be delayed? Will they scrap that part?

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
Dh1MuAYUwAAWNqV.jpg

Just put this one

Sir Guts

Use of alt account
Oct 26, 2017
1- As you stated it isn't a big deal

2- This might be a bit tricky. They either scrap it and do a new scenario or they'll carry on with it

TaKeRx

Oct 25, 2017
Didn't we have a thread on this yesterday? With the funny jersey edit and stuff.

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
neymar signed for psg after PES already had plenty of covers with him on barcelona
its not really this much of a big deal to warrant several threads

journey is a different story, but even then, not really such a problem - if you play an older version of FM cristiano is still on real madrid. the game is made to reflect a certain time period, where he was still in madrid. they could change it with a patch, but i dont really know if its necessary at all (save for any marketing deal strictly prohibitting him from being as a madrid player)

Porygon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Mexicali
It has already happened with Madden and NBA and they changed the cover accordingly, it's no big deal

Redfox088

Banned
May 31, 2018
Same thing they did when rousey and and mcgreggor who were the face of UFC 2 and all of its marketing...getting both their asses kicked right before the game. Nothing.

TailorDKS

Apr 18, 2018
because we had the thread yesterday i bring back the picture from yesterday (not mine btw.)

ron29uspz.jpg

cover fixed

------

But yeah, EA already announced CR7 + Neymar as cover athletes and wont change that. Probably just change the cover... no big deal, there is still enough time for that...

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
The cover gets changed to just a picture of a soccerball and will stay like that forever.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
2) Journey Mode.

Towards the end of the second season of The Journey, Alex Hunter met Ronaldo and joined Real Madrid before winning the Champions League.

No he doesn't.
Hunter meets Ronaldo at the start of the season and then there are rumors of him joining Real Madrid but he doesn't do it for various reasons. The season ends with Hunter at PSG, Bayern or Athletico Madrid. Then Hunter gets a call from an agent and she says that if Hunter was working with her, he'd play for Real Madrid. And then they agree to meet and it ends. Ronaldo has nothing to do with that and doesn't ever show up after the very start of the story.

And you don't even play the Champions Cup in FIFA 18 Journey. All the clubs you can join have been eliminated prior to Hunter's transfer. The Champions League is the focus of FIFA 19's story.

Last edited:

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The cover art will definitely change. As a Juventus supporter I'm fine if the "main" cover for the game will now show a guy with our jersey for a change :P As for the Journey mode, that can be quite tricky, I wonder if the story will now change. I guess it all depends on how much of a role Ronaldo would have had this year.

In general, the timing of the release of FIFA has always been quite tricky, in the sense that they already had to send the game for printing before the transfer window ended. With day one patches that's not too bad, you just change a couple stats and jerseys and there you go, but now that they have actual characters in an actual "scripted" story mode, I can imagine this being more problematic.

Status
Not open for further replies.