• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What game should From Software make next?

• Bloodborne 2

Votes: 922 41.0%
  • Dark Souls IV

Votes: 142 6.3%
  • Sekiro 2

Votes: 61 2.7%
  • Demon Souls 2

Votes: 105 4.7%
  • Another King's Field

Votes: 80 3.6%
  • Another Armored Core

Votes: 300 13.3%
  • A New IP

Votes: 640 28.4%

• Total voters

HighFive

Oct 25, 2017
Well, in order of preference

- Bloodborne 2
- Demon Souls Remastered
- A new Kings Field
- A new Souls game

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
Really glad to see Bloodborne 2 and Another IP as the top choices. I love Dark Souls to absolute death, but I can't think of much more that can be done with the franchise. Frankly Dark Souls 1 alone felt like an entire franchise's worth of locales, especially with the DLC.

I would vote for Another IP but I'm desperately in love with Bloodborne's trick weapons...

LuckyLinus

Jun 1, 2018
Id like them to do something with emphasis on multiplayer, co-op or PVP.

Viking Souls would be cool as well. Im good with anything they want to do though.

StuBurns

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Nov 12, 2017
Really glad to see Bloodborne 2 and Another IP as the top choices. I love Dark Souls to absolute death, but I can't think of much more that can be done with the franchise. Frankly Dark Souls 1 alone felt like an entire franchise's worth of locales, especially with the DLC.

I would vote for Another IP but I'm desperately in love with Bloodborne's trick weapons...
I feel like there is so much more you could do with the world of DkS, but they utterly squandered it by retreading the same exact thing three times over. Astora, Catarina, Vinheim, etc. For a series that appears to centre so heavily around wanderlust, the sequels painfully fell short in that regard due to the decision to remain in the same basic location.

And people even welcome that with BB too for whatever reason.

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
Id like them to do something with emphasis on multiplayer, co-op or PVP.

Viking Souls would be cool as well. Im good with anything they want to do though.
Something like with Techno-Vikings?

gasp!
What if they took over the Too Human franchise next?

I thought that world was so neat. Game? Not so much...

Oct 27, 2017
They have a massive back catalog of IPs they could pull from, I'd personally be down for a new Tenchu Z, Ninja Blade, Lost Kingdoms, Enchanted Arms, Otogi, Kuon, 3D Dot, etc. But I think a new King's Field or Armored Core would make the most sense if we're talking non-Souls games. AC especially since it was their most popular IP and FROM used to brick out AC games like nobody's business before Souls blew up. I could see a spiritual successor to King's Field being made one day if not a full blown sequel.

dd492941

Oct 28, 2017
I'd like a castlevania type game world or a sequel to 3d dot heroes or even a port to current consoles of 3d for heroes.

Baron Von Beans

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
IM likely in the minority, but we've got enough goddam souls games now. Give us armored core. Or Otogi. Or something NOT souls related.

Richietto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
North Carolina
New IP or older IP. My problem with a Bloodborne 2 is they will fall into the same problem as Dark Souls 3 did where the originally didn't really need a sequel and all it did was ruin a bunch of the lore by answering questions we didn't need answered and didn't answer questions or expand on lore we could/did need answers to. The Nameless King being the first born was dope, but up until then I was on team Solaire and it sucked actually having the answer than just speculating. Meanwhile we never got shit about Velka and stuff when many of us really wanted it.

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
I feel like there is so much more you could do with the world of DkS, but they utterly squandered it by retreading the same exact thing three times over. Astora, Catarina, Vinheim, etc. For a series that appears to centre so heavily around wanderlust, the sequels painfully fell short in that regard due to the decision to remain in the same basic location.

On one hand I have to assume they know best and they simply decided other environments won't work well with the formula. On the other I indeed question the need for having at least two different catacombs in Dark Souls III, etc. DS1 seemed to have a lot more crazy and varied environments. Perhaps as the games become more detailed and more expensive to make, From feels more averse to taking risks. The definition of risk implies that it may not pay off, and players have been pretty vocal about things like Lost Izalith, or Blightown's original frame rate.

Clov

Oct 25, 2017
They should make a sequel to my favorite From Software game, The Adventures of Cookie and Cream.

220px-Cookiecreamps2.PNG

StuBurns

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Nov 12, 2017
On one hand I have to assume they know best and they simply decided other environments won't work well with the formula. On the other I indeed question the need for having at least two different catacombs in Dark Souls III, etc. DS1 seemed to have a lot more crazy and varied environments. Perhaps as the games become more detailed and more expensive to make, From feels more averse to taking risks. The definition of risk implies that it may not pay off, and players have been pretty vocal about things like Lost Izalith, or Blightown's original frame rate.
I think they're intertwined issues. DkS3 is a totally fine game, but I think it's extremely dull. A greatest hits of everything they'd done at that time, and that was already four quite similar games in quick succession. But the fact that it's in the same place means they feel compelled to literally have the same locations, so you can say 'aahhhhhh' constantly.

The whole poison swamp thing, or starting in castle wall bits, or dark, shitty horrible wood plank towns are so played it's unreal. A lot of it is just practical though, even when you're not reusing assets, which is a lot of the time, you don't need to reinvent everything, as you would with entirely new regions. The reality is that Demon's Souls wasn't in the same place as the Dark games, but it still features all the environments those games do, so maybe the region wasn't the issue, it was just the amount of time they had to envision something truly new.

I gather that between King's Field and Shadow Tower, a lot of those environments actually predated Demon's too. It's a lot to ask for games to be made in such short a period, and be radically different. I guess in that sense, more than BB2, what I really want is them to take a more lengthy break between projects in order to have the time needed to wow players with really fresh locales. For all I know, Sekiro is that after some breaking point in the game, we shall see.

DarkFlame92

Nov 10, 2017
I'll be honest,I'd like a new Soulsborne IP. Meaning a spiritual successor to these kind of games. You know,covenants,online play,multiple builds etc

Wink784

Oct 27, 2017
They'll probably do something with an established franchise, but honestly I'd like em to surprise me and develop another original setting for an action or souls like game.

OldMuffin

Nov 1, 2017
A FPS. I've always wanted Japanese studios to tackle that genre just to see what they'll bring to the table. I know for the vast majority they don't have experience working in that space, but I still think it would be an interesting experience.

Deleted member 1041

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hello I would like to file a complaint

I take offense that Kings Field and Armored Core are listed as "Another" and not by their proper numerical standing. Meanwhile all the souls games get proper numerification. This is a slant against Armored Core and Kings field for not being given their due respect as being the franchises that put From Software on the map.

Who do I page. BronsonLee or someone. I have grievances. I think a fair punishment would be to rename the others as "another" as well. Ie another bloodsouls.

Thank you for your time.

Kaivan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm okay with another Souls-like, but can't they try a peaceful/cheerful setting for once?

They have several Souls-like IPs, but they're all still the same old dark and gritty.

StuBurns

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Nov 12, 2017
I'm okay with another Souls-like, but can't they try a peaceful/cheerful setting for once?

They have several Souls-like IPs, but they're all still the same old dark and gritty.
When they were making BB, he claimed it was going to be friendly and colourful, I guess as a joke to surprise us when they announced the darkest, bloodiest hellscape imaginable.

I really don't see how you can have a peaceful melee action game that has any sort of compelling mood. Combat is inherently violent, unless it's pretend, in which case, it's harder to be drawn in by. Like if they made a Soulslike set in a kids summer camp, and you explore the grounds and engage in encounters using foam toy swords, it might be a funny, novel experience, but it's not going to be impactful.

A substantial amount of the sense of difficulty and reward in these games is their mood. It's meant to be oppressive and unnerving, it causes trepidation which you also have to overcome in order to succeed.

I'm certainly not against From making a friendly, saturated wonderland setting for a game, but I don't think it'd work for a Soulslike. It would be interesting to see someone tackle it though. A bit like Ubi making the Mario and Rabids Xcom.

GooZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Anything soul gameplay related cause that's some good stuff. Would be interesting if they had a game that expanded more towards multiplayer activities.