• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What game should From Software make next?

• Bloodborne 2

Votes: 922 41.0%
  • Dark Souls IV

Votes: 142 6.3%
  • Sekiro 2

Votes: 61 2.7%
  • Demon Souls 2

Votes: 105 4.7%
  • Another King's Field

Votes: 80 3.6%
  • Another Armored Core

Votes: 300 13.3%
  • A New IP

Votes: 640 28.4%

• Total voters
OP
OP

Black Chamber

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
United States
Hello I would like to file a complaint

I take offense that Kings Field and Armored Core are listed as "Another" and not by their proper numerical standing. Meanwhile all the souls games get proper numerification. This is a slant against Armored Core and Kings field for not being given their due respect as being the franchises that put From Software on the map.

Who do I page. BronsonLee or someone. I have grievances. I think a fair punishment would be to rename the others as "another" as well. Ie another bloodsouls.

Thank you for your time.
Duly noted.

But with a series that has a history of game releases like this:

Armored Core
Armored Core: Project Phantasma
Armored Core: Master of Arena
Armored Core 2
Armored Core 2: Another Age
Armored Core 3
Armored Core 3 Portable
Silent Line: Armored Core
Armored Core: Silent Line Portable
Armored Core: Nexus
Armored Core: Formula Front
Armored Core: Formula Front Extreme Battle
Armored Core: Formula Front International
Armored Core: Nine Breaker
Armored Core: Last Raven
Armored Core: Last Raven Portable
Armored Core: Mobile Online
Armored Core: Mobile Misson
Armored Core: Mobile 2
Armored Core 4
Armored Core: For Answer
Armored Core V
Armored Core: Verdict Day

...and I still might be missing a few.

Stating "Another" Armored Core as a choice isn't too far off base, given not only the ridiculous amount of games in the series, but also the erratic naming and sequential order of the pacing numerically.

Shiny Pokemon Hunter

Alt-account
Banned
Mar 5, 2019
More King's Field!

Or, some sort of space opera.

The humans finally leave Earth, thinking they would escape the curse... guess not!

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Y'all's obsession with Bloodblurb is going to kill you kittens.

They should make a sequel to my favorite From Software game, The Adventures of Cookie and Cream.

220px-Cookiecreamps2.PNG

Finally someone with some sense.

Toni

Banned
Nov 13, 2017
Orlando, Florida
The real answer is whatever they want, but my selfish answer is Bloodborne 2.

Miyazaki did say that there is Dark Action RPG in the works. And its definitely going to be derived from the Soulsbourne framework.

If we don't get BB2, I'm absolutely fine with just another RPG from Miyazaki. He does RPG like no other developer in the world. His take on the genre is the reason why he single handedly ascended Fromsoftware to top tier status.

nachum00

Oct 26, 2017
A FPS. I've always wanted Japanese studios to tackle that genre just to see what they'll bring to the table. I know for the vast majority they don't have experience working in that space, but I still think it would be an interesting experience.
Fromsoftware already made a First Person RPG with guns.

Cathcart

Oct 29, 2017
All of their best work is on creating new IPs. Bloodborne 2 is a terrible idea, anyway. There is nothing left to say there. Game plus dlc is an amazing complete package. No retreads, please.

Deleted member 20297

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I only hope it's not an exclusive game. Every gamer out there should be able to play their games and given their previous games, we should demand a PC version that, just in case, can be fixed afterwards.

rude

Oct 25, 2017
The Escaflowne inspired game Miyazaki mentioned. It's time to step away from fast guy slashing away at hard enemies thing for a game.

ak1287

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Sekiro 2-3-4, then Dark Souls 4, then announce that they're never touching Bloodbourne again.

Just because I have a huge amount of schadenfreude towards a lot of people.

Deleted member 16908

Oct 27, 2017
Bloodborne doesn't need a sequel you fools!

BadWolf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Something that isn't Souls with a new coat of paint and furniture would be nice.

At this point it seems like Miyazaki is stuck in that formula.

StuBurns

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Nov 12, 2017
Something that isn't Souls with a new coat of paint and furniture would be nice.

At this point it seems like Miyazaki is stuck in that formula.
Even if you consider Sekiro a Soulsborne, (and I think many would disagree with that), it was only last year that he released a first person VR adventure game with fairies set in an old school full of children.

BadWolf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Even if you consider Sekiro a Soulsborne, (and I think many would disagree with that), it was only last year that he released a first person VR adventure game with fairies set in an old school full of children.

I'm a few hours into Sekiro and it's very much a Soulsborne, the core framework is the same. I expected (and wanted) something that was a lot more of a departure from that formula.

The VR game was just a side project. Sekiro was the main game he worked on.

Before Sekiro it was Dark Souls 3, before that Bloodborne, before that Dark Souls and before that Demons Souls.

So yeah.

Silver-Streak

Oct 25, 2017
Armored Core in the style of a Souls game, please. Instead of new armor you find new arms/torsos/legs/etc. Please.

Kaveri

Oct 28, 2017
Bloodborne II for sure, the gameplay in the first one was the prefect mix between mobility and weight. I love the Lovecraftian, mind bending influences as well. After that they should move on to new IP, let the mainline Dark Souls franchise rest a bit longer.

Deleted member 48897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 22, 2018
I'm changing my answer because I was just reminded that it's been almost a year and absolutely no word about the Metal Wolf Chaos remake thing, so that