• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 31, 2017
DSJrid4UEAE0Te6.jpg

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
He has an interesting face.

He can look pretty depending on the angle and lighting though.

4wajevrpdrg41.jpg

Anyone with Black Hair always gets a +1 point in attractiveness for me .

Black hair makes almost everyone sexier....unless you got the palest skin.

I don't find him hot though just interesting to look at.

Last edited:

Jotakori

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Ehhh, I mean, he's certainly not unattractive, and in some angles and images he's even p cute, but there's something about his looks overall that don't quite do it for me.

Instro

Oct 25, 2017
Turns out the message of the sequel trilogy is that an ugly dude can still get a pretty girl.

DyByHands

Jul 16, 2018
I think he looks good. Like, not my type necessarily. But I could take him back home to show my mother for sure lol

daripad

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
People just like him because he's white.

I don't think he is attractive and I'm honestly surprised at the amount of people who think he is.

CKT

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Feb 1, 2020
He has a unique look, can't quite place it. I don't find him attractive per say but... interesting looking.

mnk

Nov 11, 2017
With the right hairstyle and rocking some facial hair he can be passable, but in his usual look he's totally ehh.

EYEL1NER

Oct 26, 2017
He's no type ugly or bad-looking but I don't think he is even close to being hot. I can't say I like his looks or his acting for that matter.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
But it's a gross generalization and simply a gotcha, which is generally a problem with single tweets revolving around nuanced social commentary.
I didn't take it much to mean every single straight man alive as much as some around the time the tweet was made and the conversation at the time.

Obviously not all straight men are lazy, want Driver to be seen as unattractive or lack charisma. If it's being taken more toward that then my bad, I'll edit it out as wasn't the tone intended and obviously short sighted in that respect. The thread just reminded me of it from the last time I paid attention to the topic, not any particular post in here.

Pau

Self-Appointed Godmother of Bruce Wayne's Children
Oct 25, 2017
I didn't really consider him attractive until he smiled in Star Wars, and despite hating the scene he smiled in... I was won over.

Deleted member 21411

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The hottest men are ugly are shit, so he's pretty damn attractive. Not my personal type but...... I mean hes an exception to my types

Druffmaul

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account.
Banned
Oct 24, 2018
I finally saw the new Star Wars last week. I remember thinking "He looks better than he usually does" in a couple of scenes and I wondered if they did something digital to him.

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
I thought he was pretty ugly on Girls but everything else he's been in after that show has made him quite attractive.

So...maybe it is the facial hair?

WinFonda

Oct 27, 2017
USA
'attraction' is subjective, and if you're asking mostly straight men, it's a hard question to answer. he is undeniably photogenic however, he has nice hair, teeth, and skin. he's natural on camera which is a lot harder than most people realize.

that said his success in hollywood is a bit perplexing to me because i dont think he's got that much range as an actor and there are plenty of people who are also photogenic and talented but aren't even a fraction as successful as he is. Adam strikes me as more a bit part actor, someone who is good in very specific minor or supporting roles but has been given much bigger opportunities and diverse roles to avoid being typecast; even tho i've found his acting to be samey in just about every movie.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
If he wasnt a famous movie star and if he didn't have a likeable personality or do likeable roles most people would think he's ugly.

Like let's say that Adam Driver went to Chris Pratts church and make both sides remarks like Chris Pratt, most people would talk about how ugly he is.

But that's not him so he's an attractive person. His unique look adds to his persona and attraction for many people.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
Eh. A lot of guys have made good livings in Hollywood just by having unique looks, sometimes frankly uniquely ugly.
I'm reluctant to name names. Usually they specialize in playing heavies.

Steve Buscemi is a good example of an actor who has made a career out of being one of the ugliest people in Hollywood. But it's landed him realistic roles, roles that are believable that an ugly man would fill. If you need a murder for hire you don't hire a good looking pretty boy.

subpar spatula

Refuses to Wash his Ass
Oct 26, 2017
I'd wager most people are more infatuated with his onscreen presence rather than actually him. Like, all the takes about him even in this thread are majority work pieces.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
I'd wager most people are more infatuated with his onscreen presence rather than actually him.
If they're aware of both then I would consider this bet. Obviously can only infer so much across the different things he's been in in and out of character but I'd wager he would be pretty personable if you met him.

Mar 21, 2018
According to my GF she finds him rather ugly. Then again she values symmetry above all else.

I think the dude is awesome and will watch anything with him in it.

whytemyke

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
He did a Ted Talk about what it was like transitioning from being a Marine to studying at Juliard. Makes me drunk a lot of his appeal is that he seems like a genuinely cool person

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
I thought he was pretty ugly on Girls but everything else he's been in after that show has made him quite attractive.

So...maybe it is the facial hair?

I do think that letting his hair grow, and styling it in a way that covers his ears are partly why he glowed up from his Girls era. Whenever you see him with short hair, his ears stick out a bit, and that throws his facial proportions a bit which makes him look somewhat like a child in a way? But once you put his black mane over his ears, preferably in a wavy kinda carefree way, his face truly shines.

More often than not, people can have a glow-up just by styling what they have in a different way in order to cast a light on their strongest assets while being forgiving on the parts that aren't as strong. It's about knowing ourselves, working with what we have and making the best of it, despite not being perfect.

lokiduck

The Fallen
Mar 27, 2019
Washington
I think he looks really attractive when he has facial hair. Over all I like that he's a bit unconventionally attractive because it makes him a bit different than most actors.

Doober

Banned
Jun 10, 2018
I do think that letting his hair grow, and styling it in a way that covers his ears are partly why he glowed up from his Girls era. Whenever you see him with short hair, his ears stick out a bit, and that throws his facial proportions a bit which makes him look somewhat like a child in a way? But once you put his black mane over his ears, preferably in a wavy kinda carefree way, his face truly shines.

More often than not, people can have a glow-up just by styling what they have in a different way in order to cast a light on their strongest assets while being forgiving on the parts that aren't as strong. It's about knowing ourselves, working with what we have a making the best of it, despite not being perfect.

Bald(ing) dudes playing on hard mode.

But yeah, part of the battle is definitely leaning on your strengths.

subpar spatula

Refuses to Wash his Ass
Oct 26, 2017
Can you kindly go fuck yourself?
So you're saying in a thread about whether or not a celebrity is attractive, the idea of bringing up how folks can mistake being infatuated with their onscreen presence rather than the individual (something a lot of people do) is deserving of a "go fuck yourself"?

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto, ON
Seems handsome to me, and obviously his roles - introspective and quirky and brooding and such - are a big part of his appeal and probably a major part of what people are responding to here.

Status
Not open for further replies.