• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Norwegian_Imposter

Circumventing a ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
whats everyone getting it on and there has been like zero hype for it.

I have it on pc but fuck me if Spider-Man hasn't reignited my love affair with consoles and the ease at which you can sit down on the sofa and just game with no distractions.

Toumari

Oct 27, 2017
England
I'll pre-order a physical copy for PS4 if the reviews are good, otherwise I'll just wait until its on sale. Those games tend to go down in price fast.

Deleted member 4353

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Getting it on PS4. Looking very forward to it. Loved Rise alot much better than the original. I hope those asshole characters from the original one don't return though.

DanteLinkX

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I loved the first tomb raider, got the second digital for 360 then for ps4 and its been on my backlog for a while. I think that if I ever play this game it will be in a distant future. I am caught in the spiderweb like you OP.

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I preordered it on PS4 for like £36 from The Game Collection today. Was unsure of buying it these last couple of months but that price was too good to ignore. Hope it's another good game like the previous 2.

tophu

Oct 27, 2017
will probably wait for a steam sale. with spiderman and dq11 waiting to be played after, there's no time for Lara.

Deleted member 864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'll play eventually, but I'm just busy with Spider-Man as well as getting back to Destiny 2.

PunchDrunk28

Oct 28, 2017
I played Reboot on ps3, Rise on PC, haven't quite decided what I want to play Shadow on. I'm leaning towards Pro simply for the couch part, but I also haven't decided if I'm getting it this week or waiting for Black Friday time.

Wagram

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
Debating buying it for the X or my PC.

Not sure which I should pick it up on.

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017
Waiting in reviews to decide if I play on PS4 at launch, or next year during a PSN Sale.

Mr.Fletcher

Nov 18, 2017
UK
Smashed through Spidey over the weekend, but TR will have to wait until I've finished with Torna.

Honestly, Rise of the Tomb Raider left me a bit disinterested. I thought the reboot was much better.

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
got it pre-ordered on PC. Which is also hooked up to my TV, and I have an xbone gamepad, so.. it's the uber-console experience..

Witness

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Hartford, CT
Xbox One X and I'm waiting for the inevitable Black Friday 50%+ off sale. I just got Forsaken and Spider-Man, no reason to rush and buy this any time soon for me. I loved the last two games and played through both 3+ times each so I'm a big fan, it's just bad timing.

Deleted member 9971

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I am waiting till price drop already getting other games + still have to play the last game. So that's why its not on my mind now.

Lt.Chips

Nov 4, 2017
I actually dislike steelbooks, and seems like at least in the US that all first run copy of Shadows of the Tomb Raider has been "upgraded" to a steelbook version (much like the art book version for Rise). That's why I'm not going to buy it until standard cases become available and when it's cheaper. Sad to miss out on the $10 promotion for preordering at Best Buy or Amazon though.

OP
OP
Norwegian_Imposter

Norwegian_Imposter

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
got it pre-ordered on PC. Which is also hooked up to my TV, and I have an xbone gamepad, so.. it's the uber-console experience..
Yeah I don't have it hooked up to my tv directly. I have a steam link. I would love to have it by my tv but the wife would thing it's far too ugly :(

xabbott

Oct 28, 2017
Florida
I'll get it on the One X, but I'm not in a hurry. Still working on Spider-Man so I'll see how my mood is after that. But I am actually looking forward to it more than Red Dead for some reason.

hussien-11

Oct 27, 2017
Jordan
I'm playing the game right now. I can't get into too many details but I'm having more fun than RotTR. pacing is better, art/music are better and the game just feels more atmospheric and more polished. the sense of adventure is really good in this game.

anyway, maybe it is obvious, but you should expect "evolution", not revolution.

Hardvlade

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Pre-ordered it on the One X, possibly one of my most anticipated games this year. I love new Tomb Raider.

Trying to finish Spider-Man before it comes out!

Bessy67

Oct 29, 2017
I'll get it for Xbox eventually, but I'll wait for a sale. Maybe it'll be $40ish for black friday

Riderz1337

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not gonna lie I forgot this game was even coming out. Hype for me is non existent.

May pick it up after it gets discounted heavily.

mindsale

Oct 29, 2017
It looks like more of the same honestly. No excuse not to dual-wield pistols when it was done as a tease in the first game's ending.

Deleted member 3183

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This will probably be a sale pickup for me somewhere down the line. The two previous games epitomized mediocrity to me. I liked them, but they were not particularly standout.

OP
OP
Norwegian_Imposter

Norwegian_Imposter

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm playing the game right now. I can't get into too many details but I'm having more fun than RotTR. pacing is better, art/music are better and the game just feels more atmospheric and more polished. the sense of adventure is really good in this game.

anyway, maybe it is obvious, but you should expect "evolution", not revolution.

On what system?

Never in doubt. An IP that big and a quality developer, it was always going to light up.

Congrats Sony and Insomniac, loving the game so far!

Pre-ordered it on the One X, possibly one of my most anticipated games this year. I love new Tomb Raider.

Trying to finish Spider-Man before it comes out!

Haha same

talkTOmyHAND

Banned
Aug 25, 2018
whats everyone getting it on and there has been like zero hype for it.

I have it on pc but fuck me if Spider-Man hasn't reignited my love affair with consoles and the ease at which you can sit down on the sofa and just game with no distractions.

Will buy it. But when the price goes down. Every Tomb Raider which came out this gen ( TR2013 and ROTR ) got price-cut pretty quick after launch. Basically every SQ games did.

Eolz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FR
Getting it on PC, can run it way better than on console.
my love affair with consoles and the ease at which you can sit down on the sofa and just game with no distractions.
Not sure which distractions there is on PC? At worst, you put yourself as offline on steam if you don't want any notifications (which could happen on console as well).

FusedAtoms

Jul 21, 2018
Will probably pick it up on sale but I hope the story is better than ROTR and that one early review said it was so I have some hope

MrBob

Oct 25, 2017
Im getting it on PC and will play it on my oled tv on the couch with an Xbox controller.

manustany

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
The Space
Will wait until a proper discount early next year. Or maybe I will buy the physical trilogy collection when is coming (because we all know is coming, right?).
I have the first on digital for X1 and the promo copy of Rise for PS4, and since I've enjoyed both games, I want them on my shelf. Ha!

OP
OP
Norwegian_Imposter

Norwegian_Imposter

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Getting it on PC, can run it way better than on console.

Not sure which distractions there is on PC? At worst, you put yourself as offline on steam if you don't want any notifications (which could happen on console as well).
Haha well in my case it's either steam link or if I'm lucky enough to be in my gaming loft where the pc is. I always catch myself looking at discord on my second monitor haha

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
Croft edition on base PS4. Very excited to play in two days now that I'm done with Spider-Man.