• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shingi_70

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So last year Nintendo had one last party crash that ended up being a tournament between every character in the game and the winner turned out to be Min Min.

www.destructoid.com

Min Min takes the crown in the last ever ARMS Crash Party Bash

Lay down your ARMS Some two years after its original release, Nintendo’s colourful fighting game ARMS has drawn the curtains...

That also made her the canonical current champion of the arms Grand Prix.

What if players were choosing the smash rep last year and didn't even know if.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
We're getting Spring Man with Ribbon Girl, Ninjara, and Min Min as alternate costumes

Rran

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I'm guessing it'll be a bunch of different fighters, sorta like how they did w/ Hero

i need my boy Helix

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
While you aren't wrong to assume this (Min Min is plenty popular, after all), it isn't as clear-cut as you may think. Party Crashes are much like Splatfests in Splatoon where popularity & skill play equal roles in determining the winner of any given match-up. To use Splatoon 2 as an example, Marina was very clearly the more popular Off the Hook member of the two. However, this fact worked to her detriment for many of the Splatfests, where Pearl won most of them. This was to the point where Nintendo eventually changed how Splatfests winners are determined which, while it did help Marina win a few Splatfests, still had Pearl win many of them. It's not just about being popular, it's also about having good players on your side. ARMS doesn't really provide hard numbers beyond who did the best during any given Party Crash, so it's hard to say who got the most people on their side during each Party Crash. But if the Marina situation was any indication, Twintelle's popularity likely hurt her viability in the long-run.

Tabaxi

Nov 18, 2018
Min-Min winning a competitive tournament has no bearing on Smash.

Although I expect her to be in if we're getting a Hero/Bowser Jr and the Kooplings situation.

Deleted member 21709

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Is it weird if I think Biff would be the best fit for Smash Bros? And he can summon Arms fighters as his specials.

Tabaxi

Nov 18, 2018
Spring Man is also an assist trophy at the current moment, so it would be fairly unprecedented to have both in the game.

Chrom is playable, but he's still in Robin's FS and victory screen.

Unprecedented doesn't mean much when Sakurai has been very opened about breaking any arbitrary rules if the situation calls for it.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Should be Twintelle, but this thread doesn't need to exist, there's one to discuss the AMRS character announcement in Smash already.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I get she's a fan favorite but she doesn't even fight with her game's titular feature....

And her aesthetic is kinda already in the game via Bayonetta, imo.
Yes she does. Those things on her head are ARMS. That's what they're called. If she wasn't an option why even show her on the announcement screen?

I'm not even going to address the second point because freaking really? If we got half a dozen anime sword boys I don't think a second"tall lady who fights with her hair" is gonna oversaturate the market.

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Yes she does. Those things on her head are ARMS. That's what they're called. If she wasn't an option why even show her on the announcement screen?
Yeah, they're "ARMS", but they're not her arms. They're her hair lol.

Obviously they're going to show all characters as if they all had the same chance of getting in. She's the last person I think of when I think of ARMS characters just due to being maybe the oddest one out. Don't get me wrong, she's super cool as an ARMS character.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Isn't the assist trophy's model ripped straight from ARMS, subbing in Springatron's model should be easy. That or they could just have the AT not appear when Spring Man is being used.
I'm saying why go through the effort when there's better characters to choose?

The rules already broken by this announcement and no one gives a shit about Spring Man.

Grapezard

Nov 16, 2017
She's also the ARMS director's favorite character. I still doubt Spring Man won't be the default character, I just hope she makes it in as an alt.

Mar 9, 2018
The problem with MinMin is that she "boils down" to just being a soup person.

And I don't think that's really compelling compared to Twintelle, Helix, and Lola Pop.

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not even going to address the second point because freaking really? If we got half a dozen anime sword boys I don't think a second"tall lady who fights with her hair" is gonna oversaturate the market.
I hate the sword reps for the most part so don't come at me over that lol.

Twintelle and Bayonetta both have a sassy diva thing going on too, so they are very similar for many reasons. To be honest I hate Bayonetta though and would kill for Twintelle in her place.

Acido

Oct 31, 2017
I hate the sword reps for the most part so don't come at me over that lol.

Twintelle and Bayonetta both have a sassy diva thing going on too, so they are very similar for many reasons. To be honest I hate Bayonetta though and would kill for Twintelle in her place.

Twintelle could have black hair and summon demons and both would still be more unique than certain characters already in the game.

Richter1887

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Well she is not black so I guess she could be.

Seriously though, Twintelle or bust. She the coolest character in Arms.

Deleted member 16908

Oct 27, 2017
Based on Nintendo's choice to add yet another FE character last time around, I think it will be Spring Man.

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Twintelle could have black hair and summon demons and both would still be more unique than certain characters already in the game.
No doubt.

Still, there are other characters in ARMS that would be more unique than Twintelle at this point. There's no playable clowns yet, and I'm not counting Bowser Jr.'s ride as a playable clown lol.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Most likely. She won the Party Crash tournament to decide the best ARMS character, which was held in very close proximity to when Imran claimed that Nintendo locked down the decision to make FP Volume 2 (right after E3), so she'd probably one of the easiest characters to go for as a result. Yabuki, the series lead producer, has also said Min Min is his favorite character in ARMS.

Status
Not open for further replies.