• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Shoichi

Jan 10, 2018
I didn't think of dark souls at all...
As others said dark souls didn't invent dark medieval fantasy.

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
The medevil times is just a rip off of dark souls tbqh fam

RLCC14

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
"Looks like Dark Souls" is the gaming version of "real world happenings as Harry Potter references".

PLAY ANOTHER FUCKING GAME

convo

Oct 25, 2017
Dark Souls inspired by Berserk inspired by Medival Art and stories and so on and so forth.

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
Didn't get anything resembling that solomn, broken, decaying, world-gone-mad feel of Souls games from the trailer, but there's plenty of macabre dark fantasy shenanigans, for sure.

Antrax

Oct 25, 2017
Is there a gaming equivalent to the mostly Harry Potter centric FB group "I'm begging you please read another book"

Oct 31, 2017
Imagine if some Western based game studio made a famous, dark feudal Japan inspired game series and then some Japanese made movie comes out later about the Sengoku period and people tried to tie it back to the Western game studio and not the hundreds of years of history and storytelling Japan had produced as a culture.

Drayco21

Oct 25, 2017
It looks like dark fantasy, nothing especially Souls like here imo

Movie looks really cool though

xxracerxx

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
giphy.mp4

Oct 25, 2017
I feel confident saying it's not influenced by dark souls. But to be fair to the op I can't think of too many other "dark" fantasy movies. The Green Knight seems pretty faithful to the story it's based on ie probably going to be dark as shit.

Which is also Dark Souls' thing

chrisypoo

Oct 27, 2017
Everyone knows Dark Souls invented melancholy and dark fantasy. Definitely not a very popular genre for thousands of years now, owing its roots to ancient mythologies....nah definitely not, Dark Souls came first.

Oct 30, 2017
This thread reminds me of a dude I used to work with who told me, "why would I ever read? The greatest stories are told through video games."

Nikus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Watch more movies, and please read more books. Also, play less videogames, if that's the extent of your culture.

Oct 25, 2017
Imagine if some Western based game studio made a famous, dark feudal Japan inspired game series and then some Japanese made movie comes out later about the Sengoku period and people tried to tie it back to the Western game studio and not the hundreds of years of history and storytelling Japan had produced as a culture.
Actually Sekiro was heavily influenced by Ghost Dog