• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Meelow

Oct 31, 2017

I've been seeing tweets on twitter and now Spawn Wave made a video about it to, the Directs would be a normal Direct and a Smash Direct.

Did anyone hear about this?

Lock if not needed mods.

Oct 25, 2017
I don't imagine we'll get a November general direct. Nintendo will just show case anything big in the game awards.
A smash direct is obvious so I wouldn't give them credit.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Direct focused on a single upcoming game, i.e. Smash = possible

Direct focused on numerous games/the normal format = highly doubtful, they always split those up about 3-4 months apart & I'm betting we got our last normal one of the year, the next one won't happen until like January when they focus on what's coming out Q1/Q2.

Gunny T Highway

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
I only expect a Smash Direct a couple of weeks prior to release. We will not see a normal Direct till January.

-shadow-

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm going to be bold about my predictions:

nintendo-direct-logo6iie6.png

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
Yeah this seems to make sense
We know we're getting a Smash Direct in November.
Would be great to have a standard Direct outlining early 2019

The question is which would come first

Lord Azrael

Oct 25, 2017
Why must you post these obviously bullshit rumors. Even if a Smash direct is possible/likely, it doesn't mean there's any authenticity to be found here.

NateDrake

Oct 24, 2017
A Smash-focused Direct is a given. They still have an entire mode to detail & it seems highly probable it comes in the form of a Smash Direct.

A general Direct could happen, I suppose. Push some kind of Let's Go stuff, early 2019 releases like Fire Emblem or Machina a bit during the holiday hype season, and a mix of indie stuff.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Smash direct to reveal that secret mode and more stuff to create more hype just before release, I'd hope everyone would expect this obvious direct to be coming. Not so sure about the other one.

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
November Direct is not unheard of. They didn't do it the last 2 years because it was clear they were done with Wii U by late 2016 and they kind of had nothing to show for early 2018 last November

Smash Direct is guaranteed but a general Direct? Lmao what else can they release before 2019? Maybe they can talk about improving Switch Online

If they had one in November, they would be talking about early 2019 games for the most part. Even the last Direct had several 2019 games (Daemon x Machina, Town, Luigis Mansion, Yoshi, etc.) in it

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
Why does LeakyPandy speak like it's a group of people when it's clearly just some random dude behind the account, it honestly makes me think that it's a 12 year old

We'll get a November Smash Direct and some juicy info on one or two other games at the game awards, that's it.

Bowser

Nov 7, 2017
Next few months will be crazy but I dont think a general Direct is happening in November. What would they announce now that couldnt be announced in September? It's been less than two months and we alreay know the ''big" January game and I'm pretty sure February game will be Metroid Prime trilogy, which would be announced at the VGA alongside MP4.

Nickgia

Dec 30, 2017
Didin't the last smash Direct say that all of the characters would be revealed before release? So most likely a Smash one? I doubt they'll have a game one.

Amaterasu

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I could see maybe a mini Direct and a Smash Direct, or maybe a Pokemon/Smash focused one, but not a general one and Smash.

Chaosblade

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
January direct being bumped up to November? Weird, but I could see it if Nintendo thinks it could help push Switches for the holidays.

Smash direct in November seems really obvious though.