• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

SENPAIatLARGE

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It seems completely wild to me that after the massive success of Black Panther, Avengers Endgame and even Aquaman, the people at Square Enix decided to go with an exclusively white Avengers team. Even the OG Avengers movie at the very least featured Nick Fury, but Square proudly showed off a game in 2019 with 0 PoC and even threw in another white character as a stinger., What the actual hell is happening at the studio?

Memento

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It was really weird...

Everyone was like a random generic white NPC

The character design is awful

Becks'

Dec 7, 2017
Canada
They just showed a bit. They don't have to show everything.

Nick Fury will probably be the quest giver.

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Makes me wonder if they're holding back heroes like Black Panther for later content updates/DLC because of how much more recent, fresh and popular they are? Start with the base, classic film line-up of heroes and then hook people with the promise of more recent MCU characters.

Glass Arrows

Jan 10, 2019
This speaks to a larger problem in the original comics where most of the big Avengers are well, white. They could have probably found PoC to include though if they actually cared.

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
User Warned: Inflammatory drive-by
I honestly don't know if these threads are made with genuine concern or if they're just mocking the site's image lol

MrConbon210

Oct 31, 2017
I'm sure Nick Fury will have a role in the game. But the game clearly has the most popular of the OG's.

Jan 2, 2018
To be honest, I didn't notice this until you brought it up. But I also watched the footage only once.
It's not that difficult to be a bit diverse with the NPCs, so it's disappointing.

ephexia

Feb 23, 2018
They're going to add free characters. I bet Black Panther will be one of the first they add.

petethepanda

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
chicago
It was pretty noticeable, especially now that the MCU has been increasingly vocal about trying to introduce more diversity. The whole thing has a strangely dated vibe to it.

OP
OP
SENPAIatLARGE

SENPAIatLARGE

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You know its rough when obligatory token characters like Falcon and War Machine dont even make the cut

Kreed

The Negro Historian
Oct 25, 2017
I can only imagine the actors they get for the Black Panther cast DLC.

PrintedCrayon

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Seadome
I'm sure it'll be fine. It's the OG Marvel Avengers team, give them time to tell their first story and then I'm certain we'll see characters like Black Panther.

Oct 29, 2017
UK
They did the boring MCU line up because that's who people will clap for in a cinema.

It'll take time. Hell Ant-Man is probably the first extra character. Because GaaS.

Deleted member 16657

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
0f03e6733b0cf567cc92e8e20290462f.jpg

True to source material

Necromanti

Oct 25, 2017
The fact that the characters reminded me of cosplayers made that fact stand out all the more to me for some reason.

Dankir

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
User Banned (1 Day): Dismissive drive-by post.
Really man??? We finally get a sick Avengers game and this is the first thing that comes to your mind? Of course Nick Fury will be in this and hell be based on the MCU/ULTIMATE version.

Pirate Bae

Edelgard Feet Appreciator
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
??
4 generic white dudes and one white woman. The character they added? Another generic white man.

There isn't a single ounce of creativity in this game.