• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

brainchild

Independent Developer
Verified
Nov 25, 2017
Apparently Akaash Singh (actor, comedian) has quite a bit a time on his hands as saw fit to quote me and tweet this

Or maybe not enough time as he couldn't be bothered to lookup a simple word in the dictionary, let alone learn about other types of arranged marriage besides the one that resides in the bubble of reality that he's living in.

Twitter was a mistake.

UPDATE:

That was actually kinda funny, heh

Last edited:

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
Were you arguing in favor of arranged marriage?

Edit: After reading the whole thread at least you corrected him I guess. People with that kind of following where they'll kiss his ass no matter what he says makes it even more unlikely that he'd accept that he was wrong about the word and move on.

At least there was that one person who had your back.

Derp

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
He is right you know, your tweet was passive-aggressive pseudo intellectual bullshit and preachy about the issue to a Indian person.

You did an equivalent of "mansplaining" (gate this word, but it fits the best) but in the context of arranged marriage issue to an actual Indian person.

Immortan

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles
Well you made a statement and did the @ so you got what you wanted a reply from the person. Might not be the one who want, but hey, a reply.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
I mean, I disagree with that take on "problematic", but you bursting in to ruin a joke isn't the best thing either.

KillLaCam

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Seoul
You were kinda asking for that type of reply.

But I'm confused about the other moron replying to you about Wikipedia

Ikuu

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
What's with people on this site getting upset when they tweet at someone and they reply, lol.

rude

Oct 25, 2017

LOL what were you thinking?

"Acktually...."

This behavior is insufferable. Twitter isn't resetera where the majority of the users are performatively progressive. Butting into strangers' (?) jokes with hard hitting reality is pretty lame. There's a time and a place.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, I disagree with that take on "problematic", but you bursting in to ruin a joke isn't the best thing either.
The original Tweet is goofy, "actually"ing a joke is goofy, that comedian not knowing that problematic is an actual word is goofy, saying he has too much time almost like he isn't allowed to reply to things on the internet because he's a Z-lister is goofy.
P647Dhm.jpg

KHarvey16

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Thousands of people are physically attacked every day OP. Your use of the word to describe a response on Twitter is offensive. Physical violence is serious.

FaultyFork

Oct 28, 2017
I mean you were pretty annoying to come in and try and be all serious with someone that is just posting a joke.

Oct 27, 2017
I wish the word problematic would go away, I really do. It has just become a blanket "I don't like this" and as per the tweet above I have no idea after reading it why certain arranged marriages and good and why some are bad.

FWIW I've worked with a lot of Indians and they seemed fine with the concept. Not something I really understand but who am I to tell them otherwise?

lacer

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
*tweets at someone*
*said someone responds*
help i'm being attacked

Ninja

Oct 28, 2017
posting a logical reason like that on twitter is pointless unless you are the one with the tons of followers who will back you up. the only right way to interact with ecelebs on twitter is to give them a sick burn that even their fans will feel.

subpar spatula

Refuses to Wash his Ass
Oct 26, 2017
Your name ks Brainchild on Twitter? You're correcting people non-sarcastically? Like, I get it but wow.

Kwigo

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Just like the tweet, this thread didn't go as you thought it would, right OP ?

Resurgam

Jun 23, 2018
You kinda earned that dunking. Also, I can't be the only one who found the joke itself rather funny reminds me of the kind of deadpan I'd hear out of some of my own relatives.

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
Whoever that person is, they responded to you with an ignorant mean girl tweet. Either do the Twitter equivalent of pointing and laughing at them or ignore them.

Deleted member 24112

User requested account deletion
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I've got a killer joke for you, OP. But bear in mind, I don't need a lecture on how horses going into bars is dangerous for the other customers.

Status
Not open for further replies.