• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Subnats

One Winged Slayer
Nov 13, 2017
Ireland
Saw this pop up in a few discords I'm in so I thought it'd be worth making a thread. It's exactly as the title says, for anyone sitting the Ordinary Level English Paper for this year's Leaving Cert Hatsune Miku made an appearance. First she appeared as part of a comprehension.
20210609_201915.jpg

But the best part is that in a later section students were given the opportunity to write full blown Miku fanfiction.
20210609_201927.jpg

Not sure what else to add so add me to next year's Leaving Cert paper if old.

Last edited:

snausages

Feb 12, 2018
Unfortunately I cannot look at a picture of a Hatsune Miku doll like that without thinking of hot glue, the internet has soiled my mind.

baggage

Oct 25, 2017
Ah, the "virtual singer is going to replace regular singers" narrative again. Yeah, just like the MiniMoog replaced the piano.

J75

Sep 29, 2018
Now that I think about it, Vtubers are hot at the moment right? Does a Vtuber Hatsune Miku exist? Lol.

baggage

Oct 25, 2017
Hatsune Miku is literally a sampled software synthesizer, like a super advanced soundfont. The character is just a suggestion, you don't even have to use it. Also where did they get that image that 3D Model clearly was supposed to be Cel/Toon Shaded what is that face

Martin

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Hatsune Miku is literally a sampled software synthesizer, like a super advanced soundfont. The character is just a suggestion, you don't even have to use it. Also where did they get that image that 3D Model clearly was supposed to be Cel/Toon Shaded what is that face
I think it is just a picture of a figurine

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US

Lemony1984

Jul 7, 2020
Man, I would have done way better in the Leaving Cert if there was anime questions instead of Elizabeth Browning.

PMS341

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Jars and the internet never go well together.

Jonathan Lanza

"I've made a Gigantic mistake"
Feb 8, 2019
It's pretty neat to think that in all of human history we are probably the first group of people that can collectively say we've witnessed a jar full of yellowing baby batter.

Herne

Dec 10, 2017
They're asking much more interesting questions than they asked me during my Leaving Cert English paper. Not that I can recall a single bit of it, mind.