• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
Guys. He apologized. He screwed up. People are allowed to screw up occasionally. Especially people who are willing to own up to it.
Appologizing doesn't mean you have to completely forget what happened.
If I punch you in the face with full force and say "Whoops, sorry" would you just say "Well, guess you apologized, oh well" and move on?

Deleted member 11276

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Who are these people you are referring to?
Yeah, he should be banned on this forum. His analysis is shit but his "joke" was insensitive and just shit. Fuck him.

One example of many. I think insulting does not lead to a discussion and is just plain unecessary. It saddens me to see that dicussing controverse topics on Era always lead to insulting and most of the time to banned members whose opinions do not go with the general conscious of the forum.

Yes, the joke was not pretty funny but Michael regrets it, it's not needed to get so outraged at him.

Wulfric

Oct 25, 2017
It was an awful joke, but he seemed to apologize sincerely. People say weird shit sometimes.

Angst

Oct 27, 2017
Appologizing doesn't mean you have to completely forget what happened.
If I punch you in the face with full force and say "Whoops, sorry" would you just say "Well, guess you apologized, oh well" and move on?
No but a normal response would be to give that person the oppurtunity to change and accept that we all have made verbal blunders or do dumb things occasionally.

Varixio

Oct 27, 2017
One example of many. I think insulting does not lead to a discussion and is just plain unecessary. It saddens me to see that dicussing controverse topics on Era always lead to insulting and most of the time to banned members whose opinions do not go with the general conscious of the forum.

You say "Protip: stay out of these threads, these people WANT to be outraged" and then say that insulting doesn't lead to discussion. *pot meet kettle?* Which one do you want? You just contradicted yourself.

Yes, the joke was not pretty funny but Michael regrets it, it's not needed to get so outraged at him.

I think my outrage is warranted due to the atrocity of the horrible act and the way he brushed it off. If you don't see that either, then that's your choice. Don't tell me how to act or how my anger isn't warranted, we've most likely had very different life experiences.

This is just also one of many comments that there have been since this happened. If it doesn't outrage you, more power to you, but don't expect to go into somewhere and just go "don't be angry at this" at other people when they have reason to be.

Edit: Also, he has said something in the past that was insensitive, he doesn't deserve to have the benefit of the doubt. That ship has already sailed.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
You can't just make jokes about everything.
Certain things are red line.

I don't really think anyone would defend the joke or say it was appropriate. It was a shit joke, he has acted like a fucking idiot in this case. But I find the reactions to it, he's a shit person, ban his name from the forum etc, to be a bit over the top. Every single person on here behaves in a shitty way at times.

Brood

Nov 8, 2018
Now imagine if his response was a post in the NZ terrorist attack thread.
Fuck Pachter into space

Detective

Oct 27, 2017
I don't really think anyone would defend the joke or say it was appropriate. It was a shit joke. But I find the reactions to it, he's a shit person, ban his name from the forum etc, to be a bit over the top. Every single person on here behaves in a shitty way at times.

Behaving shitty on a gaming forum and making a joke about a massacre is two different things my brother .

Deleted member 11276

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I think my outrage is warranted due to the atrocity of the horrible act and the way he brushed it off. If you don't see that either, then that's your choice. Don't tell me how to act or how my anger isn't warranted, we've most likely had very different life experiences.

This is just also one of many comments that there have been since this happened. If it doesn't outrage you, more power to you, but don't expect to go into somewhere and just go "don't be angry at this" at other people when they have reason to be.
You and others are allowed to be angry, and I respect that. But do you have to insult Michael that much? Surely there are other ways to express that anger in a form that could lead to a interesting discussion. Very simply put, I think we should fight evil with good and not with evil, if that makes sense. That doesn't mean Prachter is evil though lol

And yes, there were many other posts like these from other people here, I just picked you because you were the one that came to my display first when scrolling. I don't have anything against you.

Detective

Oct 27, 2017
You and others are allowed to be angry, and I respect that. But do you have to insult Michael that much? Surely there are other ways to express that anger in a form that could lead to a interesting discussion. Very simply put, I think we should fight evil with good and not with evil, if that makes sense. That doesn't mean Prachter is evil though lol

And yes, there were many other posts like these from other people here, I just picked you because you were the one that came to my display first when scrolling. I don't have anything against you.

No decent person on the face of the earth would make jokes about these sort of thing.
Any human being with a bit decency and dignity wouldn't do it.

So fuck him.

Varixio

Oct 27, 2017

I'm sorry, I really can't believe you after your initial post about the "pro tip" from the last page.

Deleted member 3815

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What a fucking callous dick head.

Guys. He apologized. He screwed up. People are allowed to screw up occasionally. Especially people who are willing to own up to it.

Fuck off with that defense reasoning. He didn't screw up, he purposely chose to make light of a terrorist attack and only apologised after being called out. The fact that he made that tweet highlights just how crass his "humour" and that Pachter lacks any empathy for the victims and their family. He did this shit when Iwata passed away by pretending to offer his "condolences" while being disrespectful to the man and airing how Iwata did a terrible job of running Nintendo.

So no, I will not let Pachter slide, the man is an asshole and no faux apology will fix that.

Detective

Oct 27, 2017
What a fucking callous dick head.

Fuck off with that defense reasoning. He didn't screw up, he purposely chose to make light of a terrorist attack and only apologised after being called out. The fact that he made that tweet highlights just how crass his "humour" and that Pachter lacks any empathy for the victims and their family. He did this shit when Iwata passed away by pretending to offer his "condolences" while being disrespectful to the man and airing how Iwata did a terrible job of running Nintendo.

So no, I will not let Pachter slide, the man is an asshole and no faux apology will fix that.

I seriously can't believe someone with these fucking reasoning

Baji Boxer

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
I agree in general, but people are allowed to be plenty pissed off if someone makes such a comment about a terrorist attack while the bodies are still warm.

The Boat

Oct 28, 2017
Not only is Pachter a terrible analyst (although sometimes I wonder if that's the requirement for being a successful one in the videogame market), he is obviously a very crass and disrespectful ass. Alas, both the media and the enthusiastic community keep him in the spotlight by constantly giving him attention (ie giving him a show and creating threads everytime he tries to make a prediction).

Mihai_

Banned
Sep 25, 2018
I don't think it was intended as a joke. And I think it's clear, but I'm not going to insist that people who disagree with me are wrong or evil. But anyone expecting him to admit it was a joke are in for a long wait, because if it was in fact a joke, he should (and would) get fired. One reading of what he said makes him tone deaf. The other makes him pure evil.
Yeah, you figured it out kid. Pachter is pure evil.
Or maybe, just maybe, people say stupid shit all the time, which they later regret.

That pure evil comment makes me think you're too young and too irrational.
The guy made a very stupid joke, in a very inappropriate moment and he deserves all the shit he gets. But pure evi? Are you seious? Are you in highschool or something?

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, you figured it out kid. Pachter is pure evil.
Or maybe, just maybe, people say stupid shit all the time, which they later regret.

That pure evil comment makes me think you're too young and too irrational.
The guy made a very stupid joke, in a very inappropriate moment and he deserves all the shit he gets. But pure evi? Are you seious? Are you in highschool or something?
I think you should re-read what I actually wrote.

NicknameMy

Banned
Mar 14, 2018
We always remember the good old comic of Michal Pachter and Iwata

93c.png

MrT-Tar

One Winged Slayer
Nov 2, 2017
Now that's a comic I haven't seen in years! It originates from the forum of a certain questionable sales site, if I recall correctly.

Tremis

Oct 29, 2017
Ah, another reminder why I hate seeing his name pop up in a forum post every time he so much as takes a shit.

Stencil

Oct 30, 2017
USA
It doesn't seem like a joke. Where are we getting that?

It seems like he is legit saying that it is Pi day, which explains the Pewdiepie reference and that it might not be Pi day anymore in NZ because of the timezones.

Am I missing something?
That was what I was thinking. Stupid reply, but I don't think he was trying to be funny or make a joke of it, I interpret it as he was just dumbly pointing out a coincidence in a very inappropriate manner?

Status
Not open for further replies.