• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sabrina

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
newport beach, CA

J3KNFYr.png

so like, if you have any feelings about this, go for it

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Best reply there for a shitty as fuck tweet: Take a BIG step back and re-analyze this, analyst.

Surprised he hasn't deleted it yet, it's been almost 40 minutes.

Instro

Oct 25, 2017
Not sure why the last version of this thread was closed. Yes it's related to the ongoing incident, but this particular aspect is notable for gaming side, and Pachter should absolutely be called out for whatever this bullshit is.

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
This got locked but I really don't know why. Unbelievably stupid and tasteless thing to tweet out.

Oct 25, 2017
Milwaukee, WI
Okay so I've read this dumb tweet like 20 time and here's my conclusion.

He's not joking. He's actually thinking that the shooter intentionally did this on Pi day.

EDIT: Hey team, the shooter is treating his mass murder as a joke. It is not unreasonable to look for other "jokes" when analyzing his motivations. Yes, this is supremely fucked up.

Last edited:

Prolepro

Ghostwire: BooShock
Banned
Nov 6, 2017
That comes across more as super gauche and out of touch to me more than malicious.

Just a supremely dumb thing to say.

Aeana

Oct 25, 2017
Wtf does Pi day have to do with a mosque shooting?

Jesus Christ this guy is ignorant and dumb.
My understanding is that for "pi day," people were going around saying "subscribe to pewdiepie!"
The NZ shooter said the same thing before he started shooting. So this is Pachter's joke.

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
I'm going to state that he may just be an idiot and not making a joke out of it, as he may not know the "subscribe to pewdiepie" meme or just saying that "it's Pi day, so that's why he said it".

Maybe.

Dinobot

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
My understanding is that for "pi day," people were going around saying "subscribe to pewdiepie!"
The NZ shooter said the same thing before he started shooting. So this is Pachter's joke.
Ban Pachter from this forum. What an insensitive prick. It's one thing to make sensationalist headlines about video games that are often wrong and get console Warriors in an uproar, it's another to be this insensitive to a mass shooting.

Avitus

Oct 25, 2017
Era has banned the promotion/discussion of certain people before. Pachter isn't worth talking about half the time as it is.

Revolsin

Usage of alt-account.
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't get it

Like I don't get it as a joke or really... anything? Seems meaningless

HadesHotgun

Oct 25, 2017
It doesn't seem like a joke. Where are we getting that?

It seems like he is legit saying that it is Pi day, which explains the Pewdiepie reference and that it might not be Pi day anymore in NZ because of the timezones.

Am I missing something?

Deleted member 18161

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
His Iwata comments were the last straw for me. This is just sick.

I'd support a ban on his work from this forum personally.

TripaSeca

Oct 27, 2017
São Paulo
But well oh well, WHY would pdp be referenced @ a white nationalist far right extremist terror attack?

/Retorical question.

I'd also support PDP and Pachter ban here

Nabs

Oct 26, 2017

It seems like his legit saying that it is Pi day, which explains the Pewdiepie reference and that it might not be anymore in NZ because of the timezones.

Am I missing something?
Can you explain why that would even be appropriate or important to post in response to a deadly terrorist attack?

tarantullama

Oct 27, 2017
Is it possible he meant this as "In case people don't think this is related to pewdiepie fandom, it may be of note that this shooting occurred on Pi Day as well." rather than a joke?

Oct 28, 2017
Sorry but as a Australian what a cunt. Lots of Aussies here feeling the pain of this attack on NZ. New Zealand is like our Canada - you would never expect this to happen.

Iadien

Oct 25, 2017
I read that as him saying the reference to pewdiepie is because of pi day. Was it actually meant as a joke?

Emmert

Banned
Oct 23, 2018
Okay so I've read this dumb tweet like 20 time and here's my conclusion.

He's not joking. He's actually thinking that the shooter intentionally did this on Pi day.

That's what I think as well. The "not sure" makes me think hes just making another connection between PDP and the shooter.

That being said, based on his past remarks he seems like an ass. So I don't know.

Static

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

It seems like he is legit saying that it is Pi day, which explains the Pewdiepie reference and that it might not be Pi day anymore in NZ because of the timezones.

Am I missing something?
I don't think it's a joke so much as an inane remark of a coincidence at the most supremely inappropriate time.

Status
Not open for further replies.