• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 6263

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Before I rub dirt in anyone's eyes, I want to know what you all think. I'm not usually one to make judgment calls, but I was looking through some old LinkedIn posts and came across something that looked very, uh --

giphy.gif

Upside Business Travel

ResetEra
reset_era_2.jpg

Now instead of brushing this off and calling me a boy scout - think through this with me:
Who created what logo? Who copied who? Would "whom" be more applicable in the previous sentence?

If we find out who copied whom, should we give the guy a break? I, for one, have always deferred to the old adage, "You want forgiveness? Get religion."

If someone from Era State Photographic Department could confirm my suspicions, I'd appreciate it. If it's nothing, I'll make a retraction and check my sources next time.

Whether you think I'm onto something or just horsin' around, thanks for taking the time to read this. Regardless of your conclusion, I think we can all agree on one thing --

giphy.gif

Last edited:

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
The logo can be seen in the press release announcing the start of the company, dated January 16th, 2017, which was months before Era launched. Unless it was adopted much later and they back-updated their press releases (which I don't think is the case, you can see that press release was updated in Feb 2017 in the URL, so if it was updated much later it would probably be seen in the URL), they came first

Finale Fireworker

Love each other or die trying.
Oct 25, 2017
United States
That's so wild. :O

The ResetEra logo was supposed to incorporate the letter R and an arrow. That's how we got what we got. Their logo looks like a pair of stylized wings and an arrow. I know that numerous different logos and colors were designed during the inception of the forum (we were almost teal instead of purple) so I know this is just a crazy coincidence. But that's so weird!

Edit: Purple was chosen because it wasn't affiliated with any console. Fun fact!

Jakenbakin

Jun 17, 2018

The ResetEra logo was supposed to incorporate the letter R and an arrow. That's how we got what we got. Their logo looks like a pair of stylized wings and an arrow. I know that numerous different logos and colors were designed during the inception of the forum (we were almost teal instead of purple) so I know this is just a crazy coincidence. But that's so weird!
Holy fuck I never noticed the R.

Holy. Fuck.

Nov 13, 2017

Edit: Purple was chosen because it wasn't affiliated with any console. Fun fact!

WHAT!?

Navidson REC

Oct 31, 2017

WTF that R is completely new to me and even now it took me a long hard look.

Mind blown.

OP
OP

Deleted member 6263

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The logo can be seen in the press release announcing the start of the company, dated January 16th, 2017, which was months before Era launched. Unless it was adopted much later and they back-updated their press releases (which I don't think is the case, you can see that press release was updated in Feb 2017 in the URL, so if it was updated much later it would probably be seen in the URL), they came first
Very quick sleuth-ing work.
giphy.gif

What's the GameCube, chopped liver?
U6biFXU.png

If you replace the who/whom with he/him and it still makes sense, then you did it right.

Who copied whom?
He copied him.
uL3MDbF.png

Look up Paisley Products

paisleycalogo2.png

I haven't even begun unraveling the mysteries of Upside Travel and you would bring Paisley into the mix?
ek1dcwi10oh31.jpg

Last edited:

Seesaw15

Oct 27, 2017
Best thread twist in a while. OP comes in with a vaguely similar logo only to find Resetera's logo is just the player 2 palette swap for Paisley Products.
Screen-Shot-2020-02-24-at-3-15-30-PM.png

Last edited:

BLEEN

Oct 27, 2017
You know your logo is ham-fisted if it takes months or even years for someone to notice it lol