Oct 27, 2017
Qui gon neeson himself said that you need to be force sensitive to be a pod racer, right?

So that means anyone that can pod race can be a Jedi or sith with adequate training.

Why no sith sebulba?

mikeys_legendary

The Fallen
Sep 26, 2018
He said you need Jedi-like reflexes. Specifically for humans, other species do not need to be force sensitive for such reflexes.

madmook

Oct 27, 2017
SoCal
I think he meant that for a human kid of that age to be able to do it means he is probably force sensitive.

TAJ

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I saw some midichlorian count list that basically said Chewbacca could have been a Jedi.
Fuck midichlorians, though.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
SucSEuA.png

I like how all these posts were a moment ago.

Medalion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Qui-Gon never said anything about having to be Force-Sensitive to be a podracer

And just because one has Force Sensitivity... without training under the Jedi, you never reach your potential, and are certainly not a Jedi nor Sith by association or title.

matrix-cat

Oct 27, 2017
All tables have four legs, therefore all things with four legs are tables.

(All the other racers are aliens with faster reflexes than humans. You don't need to be Force sensitive to be a Podracer, but you do if you're a shitty human with shitty human reflexes.)

Vern

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Why are you thinking even kind of deeply about these movies? BladeoftheImmortal

Also do they ever specifically call humans humans in Star Wars? How do we know they are humans if they aren't from earth? Maybe they all have 3 penii or something else non human under their clothes? Seems weird to assume they are human just cuz how they look. It's a galaxy far far away.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Why are you thinking even kind of deeply about these movies? BladeoftheImmortal

Also do they ever specifically call humans humans in Star Wars? How do we know they are humans if they aren't from earth? Maybe they all have 3 penii or something else non human under their clothes? Seems weird to assume they are human just cuz how they look. It's a galaxy far far away.
QUI-GON : They have Podracing on Malastare. Very fast, very dangerous.
ANAKIN : I'm the only human who can do it.
ANAKIN : (Cont'd) Mom, what? I'm not bragging. It's true. Watto says he's
never heard of a human doing it.

Vern

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
QUI-GON : They have Podracing on Malastare. Very fast, very dangerous.
ANAKIN : I'm the only human who can do it.
ANAKIN : (Cont'd) Mom, what? I'm not bragging. It's true. Watto says he's
never heard of a human doing it.

Haven't seen it since the cinema when I probably fell asleep watching this shit. Seems they talk about humans a lot lol. So in Star Wars lore is the green lady that looks human besides her color also human? How about jabbas friend that's super white with the weird tail thing on his head? Are they hybrids? Mutants? I never thought about all this before... Star Wars is way more complicated than I thought.

Medalion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Not only would you need Jedi-like reflexes because of being a human... but ... he's a friggin 8 year old boy
to be THAT good at that age... yeah, something's gotta be up with him

Herne

Dec 10, 2017
Haven't seen it since the cinema when I probably fell asleep watching this shit. Seems they talk about humans a lot lol. So in Star Wars lore is the green lady that looks human besides her color also human? How about jabbas friend that's super white with the weird tail thing on his head? Are they hybrids? Mutants? I never thought about all this before... Star Wars is way more complicated than I thought.

They're aliens. Specifically Twi'lek. It's honestly not that complicated.

Herne

Dec 10, 2017
So humans really suck ass unless they're force sensitive?

Then why is first order so human centric?

They just don't have the reflexes needed to race pods. Probably any Jedi human could do it, but then Jedi wouldn't race to begin with.

It's so human-centric because George decided to tell a story about main characters who happen to be human, plus it's cheaper and simpler for the galaxy to be filled with them rather than employing the massively vast number of alien races in main roles.

Apr 21, 2018
I got the impression that in most pod races most racers don't end up finishing. Only Anakin finished in episode 1. Maybe that's because their jedi powers aren't strong enough?

But as mentioned, I think it had to do with non-jedi humans not having the reflexes for it.

sphagnum

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sorry haven't watched Star Wars in a long time. C3po was working for Leia right ?

C-3PO was created by Anakin to help his mother around the house, but when Anakin married Padme then 3PO became her servant. After Padme died he became a protocol droid working for Bail Organa and the Rebel Alliance. Bail was Leia's adoptive father so that's why he was aboard her ship. He escaped with the Death Star plans along with R2-D2 and became property of the Lars family, who were the step-aunt-and-uncle to Luke, which is how Luke became 3PO's master, but by the time of The Force Awakens he was working as a spymaster for Leia in the Resistance.

Earth doesn't matter in Star Wars. It takes place "a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away". Humans are just a populous species in that galaxy. All those other ones are aliens.

GAMEPROFF

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
It's a long time ago.

But that almost did happen.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Alien_Exodus
The secondary storyline, told through excerpts from a document called The Human Exodus, traces the origins of the Human species to a lost expedition from 25th-century Earth. It also makes references to George Lucas's previous films, American Graffiti and THX 1138.

As Family Guy said, a long time ago but somehow still in the future.
Dear god, what a luck that his story didnt happened.

Jesus, that would have been the maybe-ancestor of Luke Skywalker:
amer3.png

Vern

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
C-3PO was created by Anakin to help his mother around the house, but when Anakin married Padme then 3PO became her servant. After Padme died he became a protocol droid working for Bail Organa and the Rebel Alliance. Bail was Leia's adoptive father so that's why he was aboard her ship. He escaped with the Death Star plans along with R2-D2 and became property of the Lars family, who were the step-aunt-and-uncle to Luke, which is how Luke became 3PO's master, but by the time of The Force Awakens he was working as a spymaster for Leia in the Resistance.

Earth doesn't matter in Star Wars. It takes place "a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away". Humans are just a populous species in that galaxy. All those other ones are aliens.

Damn you got me the family lineage and everything. I mostly think in terms of the original trilogy because I've seen those at least a couple of times and I remember c3po being on that ship with leia as you say, that's why I thought she was his employer. I forgot that young Ani built him though. That's good knowledge. The Prequels I watched all of them just once in the cinema and that was more than enough. I do remember uncle Owen and aunt berus because Luke called their name and yea I remember they got the droids from the jawas after they escaped in the hatch and that's how they encountered Luke. That was fucked up to see as a child though, the charred remains of his auntie and uncle.

Oct 25, 2017
Arizona
So humans really suck ass unless they're force sensitive?

Then why is first order so human centric?
It's not that humans are abnormally bad at podracing, just that the sports physical requirements exceed the capabilities of humans, and that among the entire galaxy of sentient creatures there exist species who are more adept when it comes to podracing.

And it's not just the First Order that's overwhelmingly human - see: the Empire. It's been addressed here and there in the past, but I don't think there's currently anything.

Rassilon

Oct 27, 2017
UK
So is Star Wars in the distant future or distant past?
latest

Old non canon 'Into the Great Unknown' placed the events post episode RoTJ being around 1810 as an Earth date.

There were some folk that extrapolated the whole time line from this as a fun experiment.

It's non canon so don't anyone get upset.