• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Armadilo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

That tweet caused so much twitter gamer rage, having played GOW.. dude was right.

God of War examined the best things of certain games and instead of copy and paste, they refined what worked to make it unlike anything else out there.

This is what AAA gaming is and should be, Team Jeff.

lordlad

Banned for trolling with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Singapore
It's his opinion so there's no 'right or 'wrong'.

I am somewhat agreeing with him (except the uncharted part...it's film pulp action adventure. Indiana Jones shoot a person point blank on the marketplace in broad daylight too...i don't think there's a need to contextualize every 'gamey' thing in a game).

The only 'wrong' part are the people getting 'triggered' by it.

Rushoff

Oct 28, 2017
Nope, however the game is insanely good.. the only drawback for me would be that it ended too quickly.. and not that it was too short.. just that it felt a little bit rushed from some point. Still, definitely GOTY material, and most likely will win that award.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
Rzgvni8.png

._.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
I'm not aware of the tweet, but while I agree with that it certainly takes elements from those titles and uses them successfully, I also don't think it's a better Zelda than Zelda or Souls than Souls. It's still more God of War than anything and isn't super similar to any of them.

"What if God of War adapted elements from all these great games and was the best entry yet?" seems like a better statement

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I just finished God of War and I love it, but that Tweet is hilarious hyperbole.

KZXcellent

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
That tweet is so embarrassing.

God of War is fantastic. It's not Zelda with a cinematic story, it's God of War.

That tweet is the apex of applying labels and comparing one game to other games because you lack the ability to talk about them otherwise.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Always love it when a game that's been out for a few days is already a timeless masterpiece that beats all games ever. I don't think comparing it to "older" masterpieces is a smart thing yet, considering the amount of games that had initially an incredible reaction but then as time went by not so much (Destiny 2, Zelda TP, etc.).

Eolz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FR
No, it's still an hyperbole and really ridiculous.
Just like all those threads.

Oct 27, 2017
Still in the middle of the journey but yeah, I'd say that's definitly a excellent way to define this monster of a game.

Deleted member 5596

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
After several hours with GoW is an incredibly silly tweet. Is a great game, but that is basically fanboy drivel.

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
The issue is not whether or not you agree with it. It's that the crux of the tweet is comparing games like a teenager would do.

Status
Not open for further replies.