• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Nessus

Oct 28, 2017
I would love to see what he could do with a small team (20 or less) and a strictly 2D game but with everything he's learned in the last 30 years.

Oscillator

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Canada
It had better be Pikmin 4.

9UiL1se.gif

D.Lo

Oct 25, 2017
Sydney
Nintendo (at least in Japan) must be the greatest company to work at. They keep basically all their talent. Miyamoto has been at Nintendo for 42 years! Even probably the most famous to ever leave, Gunpei Yokoi, was there for 31 years.

Koji Kondo, Koizumi, Aonuma, Takeda (retired after 45+ years), Tezuka, Sakamoto, Tanabe, Konno, Sugiyama...

He's sitting under his own vine and fig tree, and no one shall make him afraid.
Beautiful.

shinken

Oct 27, 2017
He's getting old. No disrespect to him but I think he's preparing for retirement these days, making sure Nintendo gets all the headway to continue without his input to the best of their ability.
66 is nothing nowadays. Plenty of artists keep on doing their stuff even when they are 75-80+. Look at movie directors, singers, actors etc.

Shadow

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Alright, I'll admit it... What kind of Nintendo fan am I? I don't deserve to be one. I even follow some development news and everything. How the hell did I think that Miyamoto and Sakurai were the same person.... I mean I'm pretty sure I knew before, but for some reason whenever either were being talked about lately, I thought they were talking about Sakurai. I was going to say "uh what? He's been working on Smash".... now I feel like the dumbest person on the planet.

Asbsand

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Denmark
66 is nothing nowadays. Plenty of artists keep on doing their stuff even when they are 75-80+. Look at movie directors, singers, actors etc.
Directors being old I totally respect as well as game development. If they can handle it, that's cool. I was just thinking that after 65-ish I can imagine it's increasingly chaotic having to be frontman for deadlines and constant problem-solving. In my eyes it's not the same as if you're a 60-year-old composer, writer or artist even if they too have deadlines, but they usually know their craft and can do a lot of it in solitude.