• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Legitmcfalls

Oct 25, 2017
Waterloo Ontario
So something just clicked in my head. Bethesda has no new tentpole single player game announced for 2018.

All we know for 2018 is Fallout 4 vr, Doom vr, Wolfenstein 2 switch port and maybe Quake Champions. Not a bad lineup but not what we should expect from Bethesda.

This year we got Prey in May and The Evil Within 2 and Wolfenstein 2 in October.

In 2016 we got Dishonored 2, Skyrim Remastered and Doom.

In 2014 we got Wolfenstein, Elder Scrolls Online and The Evil Within.

But in 2015 we were in a similar spot. We got dlc for Wolfenstein, ESO got ported to consoles, and Dishonored got a next gen port but we also got Fallout 4.

So what do you think Era? What do you think/want Bethesda to release next year?

AgentStrange

Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully getting a new marketing team. Prey and TEW2 deserved better.

Ohter than that pretty much you said. Quake Champions, Wolf for Switch and who knows what else.

xenocide

Oct 25, 2017
Vermont
How is Fallout 4 not a bigger deal than DLC and 2 ports. That was their big release for 2015--and a pretty widely talked about and covered release in general.

AAMARMO

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Here are my E3 predictions for Bethesda:
DHEOmNiWsAE2S23.jpg

Skeeter49

I wish Jim Ryan would eat me
Oct 25, 2017
They're riding the release and reveal the same year train. Expect more of that. 2 AAA, one DLC campaign for Wolfenstein is my guess.

Derrick01

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hoping a Doom sequel is ready to go by the end of the year some time but it's still probably too early for that. Other than announcing what the studio bethesda is doing (which will be uninteresting because anything they make will likely be the worst RPG around), I can't see anything else being ready from any of their studios. Maybe evil within or prey DLC if we're lucky but considering how they both sold....I wouldn't bet on that.

edit: Obviously there will be wolf 2 DLC as well.

jacks81x

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Wolf 2 single-player expansion next Fall.

Maybe an Elder Scrolls mobile game? IIRC they started a new mobile studio a year or two ago.

Oct 26, 2017
I would hope they finally show BGS's new game because it's about time they did and hopefully release in the same year as well, Fallout 4 style.

They have two big new IP coming before they will even talk about a new TES, and they take their time with their games. Gonna be a long time before we get one.

aerozombie

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Unless next year is going to be very slow for Bethesda due to long development cycles catching up on them, my guess is Todd Howard announces and launches an RPG in late 2018.

EndlessNever

Oct 25, 2017
Well, what studios do Bethesda have that haven't released anything recently? I doubt anything from Todd's studio is ready to be released next year.

Elliott

Oct 25, 2017
New IP will probably have a condensed announce to release cycle similar to Bethesda's recent releases. Guess we'll know at e3.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
They need to start talking about their new RPG IP. I admire their will to only reveal games half a year before their release, but since this game in particular is a new IP, they need a very long marketing cycle for it if they want it to sell as much as Elder Scrolls.

CD Projekt Red revealed Cyberpunk 2077 almost four years ago, and honestly I think it was the right move. Anticipation is building. Bethesda needs to do that with their new IP.

OP
OP
Legitmcfalls

Legitmcfalls

Oct 25, 2017
Waterloo Ontario
Can Arkane make a game in less than 2 years?

Tango just released The Evil Within 2.

Same for Machine Games and Wolf2.

If its not Todds game then it may be Doom 2 but that still leaves the year rather empty compared to the usual Bethesda years.

Bdub79

Oct 25, 2017
My vote goes to a new IP. As jank as their games are I can't help but sit and play the hell out of them.

Ghrellin

Oct 25, 2017
Michigan
Hopefully they've ditched the Creation Engine, and working on a new one for next-gen..motion capture should be high on their developmental game plan - can the "canned animations" once and for all.

Dandy

Oct 25, 2017
I just want TES VI... But know it won't be next year. Or the year after that. Or the year after that... etc.