• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Patapon 2 Remastered was announced way back in 2017. The remaster of the first game came out, I bought it, it was awesome, and I was ready to play the superior sequel. But we haven't gotten any news about it since.

I need this game.

Also, it possibly has the best title theme of any game. It's up there with Paper Mario TTYD's for sure.

Deleted member 3038

Oct 25, 2017
The God of War Documentary showed the PS4 OS with Patapon 2 next to P1 so all hope isn't lost yet!
latest

Tatsu91

Banned
Apr 7, 2019
Patapon 2 Remastered was announced way back in 2017. The remaster of the first game came out, I bought it, it was awesome, and I was ready to play the superior sequel. But we haven't gotten any news about it since.

I need this game.

Also, it possibly has the best title theme of any game. It's up there with Paper Mario TTYD's for sure.

I hope it comes holding off on getting the first till the second comes out as i did with loco roco

ApeEscaper

Oct 27, 2017
Bangladeshi
I always wonder why stuff like this taking so long, like extra extra long to release when it can be done so quick. Maybe poor management, wish we can get more insight

Krvavi Abadas

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Videoland
The God of War Documentary showed the PS4 OS with Patapon 2 next to P1 so all hope isn't lost yet!
latest

FYI, that scene was recorded around the time God Of War went gold in March 2018, or about 3 months after the Patapon 2 remaster was announced.
Not really a good sign of it still being worked on.

Weren't these remasters literally just the PSP ISO running in an emulator?

For the same experience, dump your copy of Patapon 2 into PPSSPP and upscale to 1080p60. It will revitalize a beloved classic and cost you nothing. Lol.

They changed the textures to higher resolution ones, actually. Still doable in PPSSPP. But it requires more effort than just "dumping" the game.

Also, the concept actually dates back to the PS3 era, with the Japan only "PSP remaster" series.
PSP_Remaster.jpg

Last edited:

ASaiyan

Oct 25, 2017

For the same experience, dump your copy of Patapon 2 into PPSSPP and upscale to 1080p60. It will revitalize a beloved classic and cost you nothing. Lol.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Some Sony exec is going to read this and be like wait "WTF didn't we release this already? Holy fuck get to it now!!"

Sankara

Alt Account
Banned
May 19, 2019
Paris
Thanks for reminding me. I completely forgot it was announced.

I wish they'd remaster some other PSP games too - Metal Gear Acid 1+2 for one.

Oct 27, 2017
1. Hyper delayed but will be released a la Medievil.
Or
2. The other PSP ports sold below expectations.

I can't speak for point 2, considering I imported almost all of the physical versions.

Oldmario

Oct 25, 2017
1. Hyper delayed but will be released a la Medievil.
Or
2. The other PSP ports sold below expectations.

I can't speak for point 2, considering I imported almost all of the physical versions.

it's one of those things that really confuses me with Sony this gen, not even Europe got them physically so i had to import both Locoroco games from Asia

do hd textures exist for patapon 2 yet? aside from the FMVs running at 240p(might be 360p) upscaled, the games ran with HD textures

Thanks for reminding me. I completely forgot it was announced.

I wish they'd remaster some other PSP games too - Metal Gear Acid 1+2 for one.

iirc i think irongalaxy asked konami years ago and got told no

Maximus

Oct 27, 2017
Holy fuck I forgot this was announced that long ago. Damn, it sucks we haven't heard more about it.

ThisOne

Oct 27, 2017
The first remaster had some serious lag issues/input delay. I could never get the timing right. Never had lag issues with my TV before.

VPplaya

Nov 20, 2018
Did they ever fix the imput lag issues with the first remaster? Love the series but it was actually impossible to play.

MortosDer

Oct 27, 2017
I just found out there is a ps4 port of Patapon and became extremely happy.
Now I'm sad Patapon 2 seems shelved and the first one has lag issues.
:(

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
Patapon 2 is so much better than 1 (or 3) it's not even funny.

I actually had no idea that this had been announced... or at least I'd forgotten about it at one point.

I guess Sony went through the same process. Maybe they'll read this thread and release it tomorrow or something.

I just found out there is a ps4 port of Patapon and became extremely happy.
Now I'm sad Patapon 2 seems shelved and the first one has lag issues.
:(
This was based on a report by a single person who got a pre-release code and had a fucked up PS4. The game plays just fine.

Acquila

Oct 26, 2017
Makes me wonder why they even bothered with 1. 2 is practically a retread of 1 but better in every way. The only thing 1 had over 2 (PSP versions) was that 1 ran at 60FPS and didn't output in 16-bit colors.

Henrik

Jan 3, 2018
It's dead. Sony recently said their focus is AAA experience which applies to all studios within WWS family.