• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Strangelove_77

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
DISCLAIMER: This isn't about sex, it's about everything else. Don't be nasty.

I didn't have a girlfriend til I was 19, but as a teenager I always wanted to have one. I thought it was cool for some reason.
That being said - what the fuck is being in a relationship in elementary school like? What was there to do? Was it fun? How often would you hang out with the person? Seriously, what was fun about it?

shnurgleton

Oct 27, 2017
Boston
I had a girlfriend when I was like 5. it's not like having a real SO, it's having an awkward friendship where you hug and get nervous around each other

so it is basically the same as every relationship I had afterwards as well

Ponn

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I had a girlfriend in 1st grade. We held hands during Friday cartoon day showing in the gym and the teacher yelled at us.

That was a lot less awkward then telling my guy friend in HS I had a crush on him.

Deleted member 12790

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I remember walking around the playground holding hands with the girl and like a line of people following us behind just watching, like zoo animals, haha.

CoolestSpot

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
EDIT: Didn't see OP disclaimer.

I have mixed feelings on young kids dating in the modern tech world where they see shit they shouldn't.

I remember one girl who when I broke up with her after Valentine's day just said no and walked away

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
I had a girlfriend in 6th grade, but then went girlfriendless from 6th grade to the end of high school, so I'm not some expert.

In retrospect, it was incredibly lame, and I was really emotionally hung up over the whole thing. It had all of the frustration and pain of a "Real" relationship, but I wasn't mature enough to handle any of it. We were gf/bf for about 4-6 weeks or so. She dumped me for one of my close friends. I was like a heartbroken mess for weeks and weeks, legit took me till like the end of the school year to get over it. And for what? Some kisses, holding hands, and a bunch of awkwardness at movies and birthday parties... some thrilling games of spin the bottle and truth or dare. My dad or older male friends/family telling me, at 12, that girls weren't worth it... they were right, but at the time I was so hung up.

oh jesus this thread about to go someplace

Mona

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
right before the end of the school year me and this girl started "dating", basically in name only

we didn't see each other at all over summer vacation then when school started again we made no mention of it at all, we basically weren't dating anymore

so thats what it was like for me

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
I had my first girlfriend in 2nd grade. In fact, there were two girls who literally got into a fight as to who would be my girlfriend. All we did was hold hands at recess and eat lunch together. In fifth grade, I had someone who liked me as well, but her dad didn't want her daughter hanging out with a black kid so we got put in separate classes.

Last edited:

Ziltoidia 9

Oct 25, 2017
When I was like 6 or 7, second grade basically. Just hand holding during movies or walking around playground together or what not. I honestly don't remember how "formal" it was. Then like summer came, didn't talk, start of third grade and totally got the cold shoulder, even would make fun of me for some reason "You used to hold hand during movies!!!"

Haven't got shit since.

Landy828

Oct 26, 2017
Clemson, SC
I had one in elementary school and a couple in middle school.

They weren't really anything worth writing about, lol. Closest we came to "dating" was a trip to some middle school sports and a middle school dance. That's about it.

Strangely enough, I didn't have a girlfriend at all through High School. Just had a bunch of girls I hung out with, went out with, but never had anything more than short flings with. Spent a lot of time with a couple cheerleaders I liked, a crazy/wild girl that was a Stripper (illegally obviously now that I think about it) in 11th grade, and then this crazy "Southern Girl" chick that literally showed up at my house in a bikini top and daisy dukes to go out on the weekend. My mom about lost it.

I had actually forgotten about "daisy dukes" girl until a few weeks ago, when I found a picture of her near a lake we went to. That was literally something like a 3 week blur that I can barely remember, then she moved away.

Spiderz

Oct 25, 2017
Sitting together at lunch, holding hands, maybe a lip peck until like 8th grade or so when kids start smashing.

C.Mongler

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Washington, DC
It was pointless. I don't think either of us really understood what a relationship even was, but we knew it was a thing you were supposed to do when you liked someone, so we called ourselves "boyfriend & girlfriend". More or less I think we just treated each other as people to be extra awkward around. We hung out a couple times outside of school, but neither of our parents knew we were "dating" because we didn't want to get in trouble. We mostly just watched cartoons or played Nintendo 64. I think we went to a school dance together? That was about as hot and steamy as it got for a couple of 5th graders. By the time 5th grade was ending we broke up by basically just not talking about being boyfriend and girlfriend anymore. I knew her until I moved away at the end of 9th grade and we laughed about the whole thing by that time.

Instant Vintage

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
I had my first girlfriend in 6th grade. It was more so peer pressure than anything. We held hands, kissed sometimes, but nothing even remotely close to an actual relationship. We broke up because she "caught me" smiling at another girl. Go figure.

I didn't have a real relationship until my freshman year in college.

Deleted member 2809

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I could have known at 11, then at 12 too. But nope, completely oblivious.
So I didn't know until.. 24 ?

Slappy White

Oct 27, 2017
DISCLAIMER: This isn't about sex, it's about everything else. Don't be nasty.

I didn't have a girlfriend til I was 19, but as a teenager I always wanted to have one. I thought it was cool for some reason.
That being said - what the fuck is being in a relationship in elementary school like? What was there to do? Was it fun? How often would you hang out with the person? Seriously, what was fun about it?
I'll need you to have your friend pass me a note to ask all these questions. It was always more of just a status thing or something. I feel like these relationships would always start and end around school related events such as dances or football games.

Oct 27, 2017
I had one in 5th grade. We never communicated directly - only through letters handed out from friends.

I went to her parents house once because she lived next-door to my friend and I don't think I've ever been more scared to spend time with someone in my life.

OP
OP
Strangelove_77

Strangelove_77

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So it's basically what it looks like in public - holding hands, eating lunch and maybe trying to kiss.
I guess that's ok. I'm guessing that outside of parties there wasn't a lot of hanging out when you weren't both in school?
Sounds like it's just a way to show off to other kids.

I Don't Like

Dec 11, 2017
Just silly child shit. We'd buy each other chocolates and hold hands on the playground.

I had a girlfriend way before that though. I think I was like 8 years old. This was when I was still living in Siberia and it was a girl who lived in our apt. building names Masha. We spent that summer together, going off into the woods and kissing. Sometimes she'd take off her shirt. We didn't know what we were doing but it was fun I guess. Then her dad found out and threatened to kill me, so that was the end of that.

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Spent a lot of time with a couple cheerleaders I liked, a crazy/wild girl that was a Stripper (illegally obviously now that I think about it) in 11th grade, and then this crazy "Southern Girl" chick that literally showed up at my house in a bikini top and daisy dukes to go out on the weekend. My mom about lost it.
wat

IMACOMPUTA

Oct 27, 2017
it was dumb.
it was just a label and an excuse to pass notes.

That being said, I did feel all the pains of getting dumped and crap and that felt real.
As another poster said, it was not worth it.

Last edited:

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
Just silly child shit. We'd buy each other chocolates and hold hands on the playground.

I had a girlfriend way before that though. I think I was like 8 years old. This was when I was still living in Siberia and it was a girl who lived in our apt. building names Masha. We spent that summer together, going off into the woods and kissing. Sometimes she'd take off her shirt. We didn't know what we were doing but it was fun I guess. Then her dad found out and threatened to kill me, so that was the end of that.

The real question now becomes, would you be like her dad with your own kids, or would you be okay with your daughter or son doing the same stuff at 8 years old? :)

Oct 30, 2017
My first "real" girlfriend was in 6th grade, we were exclusively dating and I asked her "will you be my gf" and all that. We were together most of the year.

What was it like? It was pure puppy love to a definition. Fuzzy lovey feelings, holding hands, and talking on the phone a few nights a week etc etc.. Dates were when our families took us to the movies together but most of our time was spend at lunch/recess at school. I recall still being with her when our 6th grade class took a weekend/overnighter trip to Catalina island. We felt very grown up, being one of maybe 2 or 3 couples in the entire school on that trip and being able to spend so much time together or some dumb shit.

No clue how or why this was possible at 12 years or whatever. I remember being athletic and tall and good at capture the flag back then, but I won't pretend I was Rico Suave or anything. I played dice roll Star Wars RPG in my free time and ran a BBS back then. I think young love its just that, kind of spontaneous etc.. I remember the entire relationship started because her friend told her she "liked me". She was cute, popular so I asked her for her phone number etc.. *shrug*

She was my first kiss, so theres that. It wasn't bad at all, it wasn't great.

It was like most relationships, a step and gained experience.

MontlyCure

Oct 27, 2017
FL
Had one for a single day in kindergarten. Out of nowhere this girl started holding hands with me and I remember she even put her head on my lap while we were all sitting on the floor.

I remember getting home and telling my friend I had a girlfriend and I felt so cool.

The next day I tried to interact with her but she acted like I didn't exist. I had never been so confused in my life.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017

This is a pretty difficult question to answer now-a-days, but back before texting / cell phones / internet / etc... I'd spend an hour a night talking to my friends on the phone, from like 5th-7th grade, if my parents let me (and if they didn't, the next day I'd feel super left out). I don't even know what we could have possibly talked about.

Deleted member 31923

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
No clue really. Had a few dates at the local McDonald's, maybe made out with a girl or two at the school dance, and that was about it. Had a few girlfriends for a week or so. But this was more like 7th grade than 5th grade. What did we talk about? Music, movies, and school I guess. Mostly just awkward conversations on the phone to be honest.

Last edited:
Dec 22, 2017
Girlfriend in sixth grade dumped me, and I straight up cried at school Inside Out style. Everyone ganged up on her and hated the poor girl so much she changed schools. Surreal shit, looking back.

GK86

Oct 25, 2017
I had a girlfriend in the 5th grade. One of the popular girls in the class. Held hands once. Got dumped a week later because the other kids were hating on me.

I Don't Like

Dec 11, 2017
The real question now becomes, would you be like her dad with your own kids, or would you be okay with your daughter or son doing the same stuff at 8 years old? :)

Well I wouldn't threaten to kill an 8 year old because I'm not an alcoholic psycho like he was but yeah I'd end that little relationship in a heartbeat.

BriGuy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
right before the end of the school year me and this girl started "dating", basically in name only

we didn't see each other at all over summer vacation then when school started again we made no mention of it at all, we basically weren't dating anymore

so thats what it was like for me
That sounds about right. Super, super awkward, but it's not like I had anything invested in it other than being able to say "my girlfriend" an obnoxious amount of times in conversation.

dDASTARDLY

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
I had girlfriends throughout grade school, it was no big deal just someone to awkwardly hold hands with and peck on the cheek.

My first girlfriend in 1st grade was crazy though, she was a twin and I remember being confused as hell walking her and her twin to her school bus. It was even more awkward seeing the same girls 4 years later after coming back to school (dad was military and we moved to Panama for 4 years) and seeing the same twins at school and having absolutely nothing in common except we "dated" back in the day.

Yasuke

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Like nothing.

Honest. Everyone says "oooo, y'all go together?" for the 3 weeks y'all date lol. Some hand holding and kissing and *redacted*, maybe, but, meh.

BossLackey

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Kansas City, MO
I was in 4th grade and had 2 girlfriends that were both older. I have no idea how that happened, but I was hanging out with "the cool kids" who were all a year or two older (this was during a summer camp kind of thing but at a school called Prime Time). For whatever reason, the two girls in this group wanted to "date" me. So I went out with one and then the other. It was weird.

Then I got in trouble because we were getting too physical on the bus. Which is so weird because we were like 12 and 13. I think she was on my lap or something.

OP
OP
Strangelove_77

Strangelove_77

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Any of y'all date that same person from elementary for several years after? I'm guessing not.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
When she dumped me, I cried like a baby to the point teachers noticed the drama and banned relationships in 5th grade.

Jeronimo

Nov 16, 2017
I always thought the idea of "dating" in middle school was really dumb. What are we gonna do, hold hands and talk on the phone? I don't even enjoy talking on the phone now.

Last edited:

AlteredBeast

Don't Watch the Tape!
Oct 27, 2017
I moved schools in 4th grade and was flabbergasted to find out kids in my new school were "dating."

Many of them ended up in really bad circumstances down the road. Don't grow up too soon, kids.

Richietto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
North Carolina
Me and my best friend were a little couple. We became friends really really fast in the 3rd grade, and I would draw her pictures and we just started to hold hands after a certain point and spending every moment together after school playing Pokemon and stuff. i remember she kissed me on the cheek one day with her moms permission and I had never felt so warm and fuzzy in my life up to that point (both our families were really close at that point and thought are little thing was cute). I still have very nostalgic feelings for the time I spent with her. We were inseparable to a point, but living in the military I eventually had to move away and being kids keeping in touch was near impossible. I got in touch with her when I got to highschool and talking felt just as easy as it was way back then. Felt almost the same but over skype. Not to sound ridiculous but I feel things would have been different if we didn't move away from each other. She gets me like no other but its well past that point.

Any of y'all date that same person from elementary for several years after? I'm guessing not.
Definitely were inseparable for the years we lived next door to each other.

siteseer

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
i don't have a good memory from back then but her family and mine were friends, i'd go over to her house and we'd watch knight rider on tv and well, i was on second base before i even knew what second base was. we would also french kiss from time to time. none of this was at school though because she was much older than me, by about 3 or 4 years. one time she came over while i was hanging out with my best friend and i basically told him 'give me a couple minutes' and she and i went into the bathroom to make out. i can't imagine what he was thinking now that i think back on it. lol. eventually her family moved out west, she left me a short goodbye note and a picture of her which she kissed leaving the red impression of her lips. i still have it in my items-from-my-youth box.

edit: i don't think this was in fifth grade though. maybe middle school.

negreenfield

Oct 25, 2017
Sixth grade. I remember being so nervous calling her to "go" with me. Not on a date because she said her dad wouldn't allow it. I don't even remember ever kissing it was pretty silly to look back on it. My parents and I moved the following summer and we lost touch eventually.