• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kalmakov

user requested ban
Banned
Sep 10, 2019
Rumors started circulating of this game's existence about two years ago now and we haven't heard anything since. I'm would normally simply dismiss this as some overzealous fan's dream game that they pitched online, but it wasn't. The game's info was leaked by the same leaker who successfully named and described every character in KOFXIV's roster before it was even officially announced, and later even posted concept art of every character in the game. It's safe to say they knew what they were talking about.

For NeoGeo Battle Coliseum 2, the leaker released the info of every character in the roster and even included a description of two characters who were original to the game. Since then, silence. Now, SNK is hard at work on supporting SamSho and are even developing KOFXV. NeoGeo Battle Coliseum is one of their most underrated games in my opinion, playing like a hybrid of KOF and MVC.

The only conclusion that I can come up with is that the game's development was scrapped shortly after the leak, which would be genuinely disappointing.

Deleted member 2791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's a possibility that it was leaked very early in development and is simply still being worked on.

Seijuro

Oct 25, 2017
Either it got scrapped or pushed back in favor of Samurai Shodown or the next KoF. Let's hope it is still in development.

TreIII

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, MD
More than likely, if it does still exist, I imagine it got pushed back because of SNK shifting development from their internal-developed engine (KOFXIV, SNK Heroines) to UE4 (SS).

The new SS being the ideal vehicle to get experience with the engine likely will be the spring board indicative of the next wave of their upcoming fighting games. After XV gets its due, I'd assume NGBC2 (and/or, hopefully, Garou MOTW2) will be next on the docket.

TreIII

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, MD
I just assumed it was total BS. Wasn't there some other things in that rumor that was proven false anyway?

The problem was that there was later an additional rumor originating from 4chan later added to the mix, and the two rumors eventually got combined together. Said 4chan rumor also promised we would eventually "get more deets at Playstation experience, and a release by Summer 2018", which, obviously, didn't come to pass.

If any part of this rumor is worth paying attention to, it's only the one from the original Japanese source.