Kalmakov

user requested ban
Banned
Sep 10, 2019
So, FFVII Remake is kinda a big deal, we all know that already. I know peeps who were out of video games for the longest time who bought a PS4 like the same weekend the FFVII gameplay trailers were coming out.

What other remake of a classic game would elicit a similar level of hype as the FFVII Remake has?

The one that comes to mind for me would be a Snake Eater Remake
MGS3-Naked-Snake-Virtuous-Mission.jpg

Wollan

Mostly Positive
Oct 25, 2017
Norway but living in France
Demon's Souls might actually be happening which is fantastic. It is a large RPG with dozens or potentially hundreds of hours of gameplay which means it might explode in popularity under the right circumstances.

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Super Mario Sunshine. Done right, a remake of this game could redeem a fairly disappointing and middling game by 3D Mario standards into something quite special. Plus who doesn't want to revisit the glorious vistas and cutscenes the game is renowned for but in HD!

Sep 25, 2018
So, FFVII Remake is kinda a big deal, we all know that already. I know peeps who were out of video games for the longest time who bought a PS4 like the same weekend the FFVII gameplay trailers were coming out.

What other remake of a classic game would elicit a similar level of hype as the FFVII Remake has?

MGS3-Naked-Snake-Virtuous-Mission.jpg

for me Ocarina of Time or Resident evil 1 remke

TheJollyCorner

AVALANCHE
The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
Soul Reaver.

Game was ahead of its time and its cinematic narrative, combat, and exploration could be a big hit these days.
I don't know if Amy Hennig has any interest in returning to the series, but I'd love to see her involved again.

ciddative

Apr 5, 2018

So you're not asking what ones we want or what would be good, just hype level? None beat FF7.

Preference-wise its tricky as most classics turn into franchises and get redone or iterated on.

I would like a modern super detailed 2D Castlevania, Ubi art style, SOTN or not

Actually my wish is for CDPR to remake Witcher 1 & 2, too much work but I can wish

You seriously think MGS3 would be more hype than MGS1?

StarPhlox

Oct 25, 2017
Wisconsin
Ocarina of Time and MGS have already been remade (with varying degrees of competence). I think FFVII is probably the most "important" remake ever by most standards. I think the only examples that would come close are maybe Chrono Trigger or perhaps Grand Theft Auto III

Oct 27, 2017
MGS
I would have said ME Trilogy but we seem to already be getting a remaster instead of a remake
OoT
Half Life remakes might be worth it if Valve really wants to continue the franchise.

Sulik2

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
MGS1 and OoT are both great choices. That early 3D gen is there most ripe for this. Mario 64 would be incredible too.

Kyzon Xin

Oct 25, 2017
Ocarina of Time in the BOTW engine that continues after the credit and onto Majora's Mask, Mario 64, or a fully voiced remake of Pokemon Red and Blue made by someone who's not gamefreak could all be huge.

rochellepaws

Oct 25, 2017
Ireland
Chrono Trigger, Ocarina of Time and Metal Gear Solid would maybe be the closest but they never had the same clamouring that existed for FF7.

snausages

Feb 12, 2018
MGS1 already got remade so I don't know why it gets mentioned

But for me it would probably be a remake of the MG games before it.

Deleted member 179

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There are plenty of ones I'd like but as for requested/hyped, there's nothing that can reach FF7R levels. MGS and RE1 again, Half Life, PS2 GTA's are about all I can think of and none of them would ever come close to the hype level of FF7.

OP
OP

Kalmakov

user requested ban
Banned
Sep 10, 2019
So you're not asking what ones we want or what would be good, just hype level? None beat FF7.

Preference-wise its tricky as most classics turn into franchises and get redone or iterated on.

I would like a modern super detailed 2D Castlevania, Ubi art style, SOTN or not

Actually my wish is for CDPR to remake Witcher 1 & 2, too much work but I can wish

You seriously think MGS3 would be more hype than MGS1?
Yeah

MGS1 already had a remake

And MGS3 is a better game overall

Cactuar

Banned
Nov 30, 2018
The hype/importance of Final Fantasy VII Remake can not be matched by any other game. Think of the undertaking going on here, they literally need multiple games to remake this one, in order to do proper justice to the title and to their vision. This is unprecedented.

However if the question is posed what remake would I like to see that I think many other people would also like to see, then it's Metal Gear Solid with Kojima's involvement. Without his involvement my hype dies down. With him I would like a complete overhaul game and story wise, much like what they're doing with FF7R. Without him I'd just want a game overhaul, while staying true to his story, more like Shadow of the Colossus style of remake.

Deleted member 21411

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Most of the games people are saying needs a remake either already had one or are new enough they don't actually need it. Ff7 needed the remake because the game in our heads is not the game that came out, it's a special case

The Unsent

Oct 25, 2017
Metal Gear 1 and 2 is a good shout but it probably be a reimagining so they could add hours of cutscenes and new boss characters or tragic backstories for Dirty Duck and Machine Gun Kid, lol.

Ales34

Apr 15, 2018
Maybe not the most important, but I wish Arkane did a remake of Arx Fatalis. Still have such fond memories of it.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
A full blown HD remake of Metal Gear Solid or Metal Gear Solid 2.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever™
Sep 24, 2019
Ocarina is desperately in need of a remake. It has immense cultural & nostalgic importance, but that game has aged miserably and is almost a chore to play in 2020.