• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Fastidioso

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Time is passed and Avalanche promised to update the graphic of the engine after the many negative feedbacks of the fan. But I haven't heard anything about it. So it's definitely improved compared the launch or nope (flat water texture etc)? I remember even some people complain about the IQ of the X version which appeared sub 1080p cause the awful post processing and custom AA where indeed was dynamic 4k.

giallo

Oct 27, 2017
Seoul
I'm wondering this as well. It looked really rough on the base PS4, but after it's release, I haven't heard a peep about a patch to help optimize the visuals. It's like the game dropped off of the planet.

Last edited:

Acorn

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
I'm wondering this as well. It looked really rough on the base PS4, but after it's release, I haven't heard a peep about an patch to help optimize the visuals. It's like the game dropped off of the planet.
Looks like shit on my pro too. I usually don't care about graphics but it's noticeably bad.

I don't think they will update the graphics but the only chance will be around dlc releases when they patch it. But honestly I think they've left it to die and wouldn't patch it all if it wasn't for the season pass

RoboPlato

Oct 25, 2017
They also promised to improve the performance of JC3 but the patch that was supposed to help made it worse and they never patched it again or responded after that. Don't listen to this team in regards to tech stuff.

Garth2000

Oct 27, 2017
I'm a big fan of the series and just picked up 4. I have to admit, the graphics are really bad. The lighting and the resolution of the textures are really rough. I thought there was something wrong with my system.

All that said, once I got over that, it's still a fun game. Turning giant gas canisters into rockets or tethering things together never gets old.

Note:. Playing on a pro... Disabling HDR helped a bit with the lighting issues

Jun 1, 2018
They never fixed just cause 3. Instead of fixing bugs and optimizing the game they released paid dlc which made performance even worse

silentrob32

Nov 1, 2017
Yeah post launch support has been non existent so far. Fingers crossed they're going to unleash the mother of all patches when the first DLC hits, but I'm not holding my breath.

Pagusas

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Frisco, Tx
Just watched the Digitally foundry review on it. Seems like you either play this on Xbox One X, or Pc, anything else is going to be grainy and ugly

Noodle

Banned
Aug 22, 2018
Graphics are the least of this game's worries. Gameplay is considerably worse than JC3. They managed to make OTT emergent destructive gameplay boring.

Braag

Nov 7, 2017
I saw the game at a friends place briefly. It looked generally okay except the ocean water and the water effects were laughably bad.
Here's a screenshot of a waterfall from a YT vid.

http:///vahd.jpg