• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I feel like the individual lightsaber designs are underrated. One of my favorite details in the Star Wars universe is how every lightsaber user has there own personal touch.

I like the curved hilts on Dooku and Ahsoka's sabers.
latest

latest

Kylo Ren's lightsaber is honestly my favorite Dark Side saber in the series.
kylo-rens-lightsaber_c28b67c6.jpeg

And of course you can't beat a classic.
latest

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
You can't beat the original, it's just so damn slick.

Aside from that, it's Kylo's. All the crackling and sparks are great, it feels like it'll explode and kill everyone in the room at any second. Lightsabers are inherently dangerous but Kylo's is doubly so.

Plasmid

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Luke's green saber is the GOAT for me.

Strangelove_77

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Heh they look like dildos.

Anyways, Kylo Ren has the best one.

Shooter

Oct 28, 2017
Luke's green saber is the GOAT. Kylo's is a close second from a design and sound perspective.

Planx

Oct 27, 2017
Always thought Dooku's lightsaber was one of the neatest little details in the prequel trilogy.

He's supposed to be one of, if not the best lightsaber duelist, and to reflect that he has a unique lightsaber that plays to his ability

Then they have to go ahead and ruin it by having him job to Anakin after Obi-Wan is already knocked out of the fight

Bessy67

Oct 29, 2017
It was never pictured as far as I know but Corran Horn's from the book I, Jedi sounded really cool. The hilt was a speeder bike handle and it was a multi-crystal saber that could change color and length by twisting the throttle to change the crystal.

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
I think Darth Maul's is probably the coolest, if only for *the moment*, but my favourite is Vader's. The red saber will always win in my heart.

Most hated is Kylo Ren's, which is a goofy abomination. It's impractical, unwieldy, and the sort of thing that should be mocked. It looks like it should appear in a comic or cartoon as a "supersaber" or something, and be instantly forgotten. 'Cause it's so bad. Fits the cheap Vader wannabe that is Kylo Ren perfectly, but feels very out of place in the larger Star Wars universe.

OP
OP
Gold Arsene

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I think Darth Maul's is probably the coolest, if only for *the moment*, but my favourite is Vader's. The red saber will always win in my heart.

Most hated is Kylo Ren's, which is a goofy abomination. It's impractical, unwieldy, and the sort of thing that should be mocked. It looks like it should appear in a comic or cartoon as a "supersaber" or something, and be instantly forgotten. 'Cause it's so bad. Fits the cheap Vader wannabe that is Kylo Ren perfectly, but feels very out of place in the larger Star Wars universe.
source.gif

Oct 27, 2017
Kylo's. I love everything about it. The thick handcrafted hilt. The cross guard. The way the energy beam looks all unstable. The deep crunchy sound it makes when it ignites. And it's red, which is my favorite color.

Hero_of_the_Day

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I always liked Obi-Wan's in Phantom Menace.

Outside of the normal ass lightsabers, I like Kylo Ren's. I like how he swings that shit like it has weight behind it, and how wavey and unstable looking the beams are.

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
This bit seriously put me off for the whole show until the finished the series.
Yeah, no kidding. It is a creative lowpoint in what should be an incredible two-parter. I literally just watched 'em both this morning...

I haven't seen anything beyond Rebels S2, but I'm really hoping they don't use it again. It's the nadir of the "creative" lightsabers. Even Kylo Ren's has more going for it.