• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You know what I meant by "what those companies are known for".
Nier was an Action-RPG due to the partnership with S-E. Nintendo asked for games focused on a specific kind of gameplay (pure Platinum if you prefer), Sega pushed for mature and unique titles in their deal, Activision just wanted cool looking and cell-shaded licenced games, etc.
Sony isn't known for RPGs, they'd push for something else. That's the point.
Sony isn't known for a lot of Action RPGs and I wrote "Platinum + Sony 1st Party = Action RPG". That's my whole point. NOT ENOUGH ACTION RPG = MAKE AN ACTION RPG!!!!! Not enough RPGs in Sony's first party library.
Platinum proved they can make a great Action RPG with Nier Automata. So Platinum + Sony funding = 1st Party Action RPG.

Oct 25, 2017
maxresdefault.jpg

):

OP
OP
Memento

Memento

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Oh my God, just kiss already.

Why Demon's Souls instead of Bloodborne though? Feels like Bloodborne's the better tonal match.

A character action game with Bloodborne's asthetics would be very cool. A Demons Souls one would be kind of... weird.

Also, what if Sony works with Marvel again after Spiderman (I mean, with another IP, I am sure they will keep working together in regards to Spiderman)? Platinum would be a great fit for something like Wolverine.

Oh shit, now I really want that...

Last edited:

SaberX85

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
A character action game with Bloodborne's asthetics would be very cool. A Demons Souls one would be kind of... weird.

Also, what if Sony works with Marvel again after Spiderman (I mean, with another IP, I am sure they will keep working together in regards to Spiderman)? Platinum would be a great fit for something like Wolverine.

Oh shit, now I really want that...
Yeah like last tmnt game they made right?

Garf02

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Nier Automata (Platinum Games) is an Action RPG
Nier RPG part was taken from Nier and Drakengard Platinum most job was on the combat system (which is incredible simplified next to other Platinum/ Clover Action games)

I don't think you're much aware of all the games Sony funds to say that. Not that I think Sony is interested in funding a Platinum Games project anytime soon, it would have already happened if so.
All I know is that Nintendo was not the 1st company Platinum pitched Bayonetta 2 to.

Yurinka

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I'd love the idea of Sony asking Platinum to make a new hack & slash IP for them with full creative freedom and a decent enough budget (a budget bigger than a Nier:Automata or a Bayonetta to make a similar game but making sure they don't need to crunch), as they did with Kojima or Bloodborne.

lupinko

Oct 26, 2017
While I'd rather have Sony get a new IP or revive Skyblazer (though I think Sony Music owns it but eh), Sony could also just give Heavenly Sword to them.

God of War moved away from traditional character action, so Heavenly Sword is still available.

Although again, a new Skyblazer would be rad, tho it's similar to GoW in some respects with the religious deities (tho Hinduism instead of Greek/Norse).