• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Josh378

Oct 27, 2017
Like I would love to watch E3 using my PlayStation VR headset in real time as if I'm sitting in the front row watching the E3 show live. I mean I would even pay for that if Sony was the charge for it. Is it because there's not enough bandwidth for connections to do that or is Sony going to wait for PS5 to implement this type of feature? I'm just surprised Sony hasn't tried to do this for this year's E3. What's your thoughts about this.

Oct 27, 2017
I've only tried streaming a few videos via the various services that were available right after launch and I always found the quality was so awful it ruined the entire experience. Has that gotten any better? I think you can view videos from YouTube now, are those generally any better?

I would be all for this if it didn't look like it was filmed with a potato.

TetraGenesis

Oct 27, 2017
I really don't like low quality 360 video in PSVR so I'd much rather watch the press conference in a movie theater like I have the past four years, personally.

That being said
, it is kind of ridiculous that they haven't offered this as an option the past few years. It's not like they don't already have the equipment and the platform for it. It makes wish they had 360 video archives for the past 5 years of events so I could just check out the most crowd pleasing moments to see what they felt like (PS4 price announcement, FFVII:R reveal, etc.).

Fingers crossed that they do this year and you get the chance, OP!

Vagabond

Oct 26, 2017
United States
If its going to be anything like their live stream, I'd be watching the 'buffering' in VR and I hope they map F5 to X so I can mash it when the stream freezes.

Deleted member 41931

User requested account closure
Apr 10, 2018
Huh, yeah that does like a massive missed opportunity. I'm not sure so would nessarily do it unless the quality was good, but still.

Faithless

Oct 27, 2017
Damn, that's an awesome idea. I like it.
I even wish that the tech was universal and be able to watch this kind of stream from any company.
Go youtube > you are in the crowd watching an event !
But that's not going to happen anytime soon unfortunatly.

Yurinka

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I think it's a great idea. But if I don't mistake PSVR supports YouTube, and they will stream the conference there (in 2D, not with 360 camera).

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
Doing it right would take a lot of processing and bandwidth, and it's hard enough to get a steady 2D YouTube stream of the conference most times. Plus the quality would be pretty crappy just by virtue of resolution on game trailers... 360 video would be pointless imo.

Would be a neat app for after the fact though, like the music one

Deleted member 9857

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I really don't like low quality 360 video in PSVR so I'd much rather watch the press conference in a movie theater like I have the past four years, personally.

That being said
, it is kind of ridiculous that they haven't offered this as an option the past few years. It's not like they don't already have the equipment and the platform for it. It makes wish they had 360 video archives for the past 5 years of events so I could just check out the most crowd pleasing moments to see what they felt like (PS4 price announcement, FFVII:R reveal, etc.).

Fingers crossed that they do this year and you get the chance, OP!

are they even doing it in theaters this year? I haven't seen anything about it