• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

NTGYK

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Seems like a lot of people want Democrats to fight at the same level that Republicans do, but it doesn't seem to be happening. How should Democrats fight dirty? What should they be doing?

Maybe Rod Blogojevich is the dirty Democrat they need to save the day.

Just kidding, he's a piece of shit.

Semfry

Oct 25, 2017
I mean they've shown they're perfectly capable of fighting dirty

...With each other

Rag

Oct 30, 2017
I think we need to fight cleaner and fight harder for voting rights. We don't need to do corrupt things to gain power. We need DC and Puerto Rico as states, and we need organizations like Fair Fight to keep doing what they can to stop voter suppression. When people vote, we win. Also, we need to nuke the Electoral College from orbit. Trump needs to be the last President to win the election without winning the popular vote.

JaseC64

Enlightened
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Strong Island NY
I think we need to fight cleaner and fight harder for voting rights. We don't need to do corrupt things to gain power. We need DC and Puerto Rico as states, and we need organizations like Fair Fight to keep doing what they can to stop voter suppression. When people vote, we win. Also, we need to nuke the Electoral College from orbit. Trump needs to be the last President to win the election without winning the popular vote.
Before anything like this happens, Dems need to play dirty to win. Right now shit is so stacked against them. Playing by the book will have Trump win easily.

MetalMagus

Avenger
Oct 16, 2018
Maine
Like, are you talking mud slinging and harsh words or like... voter suppression and violating the rule of law level of playing dirty?

Because if its the latter, I mean, if your moral throughline is essentially "the ends justify the means" and you view attaining power as an absolute necessity...

then you're a conservative.

That's like asking when's my cat going to start taking up a vegan diet.

Rag

Oct 30, 2017
Before anything like this happens, Dems need to play dirty to win. Right now shit is so stacked against them. Playing by the book will have Trump win easily.
Like MetalMagus said, it really depends on what you mean by fighting dirty. If we win by suppressing a single vote, or gerrymandering, then I don't personally want to be on board with that. We can't sink to their level, because when we do, that bullshit 'both sides' narrative becomes true. The GOP is in the middle of a long drawn out death spiral, and obviously we need to beat them before we lose the Supreme Court for a generation, and before we destroy the planet, but I want to do it democratically.

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
They're okay with fighting dirty during the primaries. But suddenly when the actual election comes, its all about "civility" and "coming together."

GoldenEye 007

Roll Tide, Y'all!
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Dem electorate and the media don't seem to allow for the type of antics the GOP regularly pull. Dems are held to a higher standard.

Speely

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
If operating with some semblance of fairness is not enough to appeal to the electorate, then maybe the electorate does not deserve fairness. US citizens need to be less docile. Yes, the GOP is horrible, but they get away with their shit because we let them.

Dems getting worse is not a good answer.

Oct 26, 2017
South Carolina
Exceedingly enthusiastic open source Oppo reasearch?

Hiring data analysis and psycho/sociological expertise to create and refine tactical strategies on the fly?

Endless punching at weakspots in their competancy, ethics, morals, and failures thus saturating the field so they cant?

Making the fight about the dumb, lying, bigoted, failing, demented mobster Putin puppet so the question isnt the "fitness" or "electability" of Dem Nom X?

Yes.

Ratfucking the likes of which Manafort, Stone, Atwater, and Finkelstein did?

No.

Mivey

Oct 25, 2017
2024 when Trump tries to get a 3rd term somehow.
Wouldn't be entirely unfeasible, he'd just need to use his second term to abolish the 22nd amendment. If GOP wins both houses, it would probably go through Congress easily enough. Not sure it could get 2/3rd of the states to sign up, though.