• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Do you want Goku in Smash?

• Yes

• No

• I'm fine either way / Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RockmanBN

Visited by Knack - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Cornfields
After Cloud, the next level would be 3rd party exclusive video game characters like Master Chief.

Tregard

Oct 27, 2017
Banjo before Goku or I riot.

Hell, if Goku is on the table, I want Captain N before Goku.

Deleted member 1041

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hell yea, after Cloud and Ryu, Goku would absolutely fucking cause Smash to sell twice the copies. no fucking lie.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Goku isn't a video game character in my mind. He has different origins. Therefore I wouldn't want him in Smash.

Shoe

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Eh, sure, I think that could be fun. Smash has long since eroded away fans' ever-changing reasons for a character's lack of "deserving" to be in; it's all just about being fun (beyond the licensing, of course).

Final Smash is him giving the opponent a senzu bean and actually making it harder for himself.

Kaban

Oct 25, 2017
He's not a videogame character. It would be like having Bugs Bunny in smash.

Deleted member 1041

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"I dont' want more playable characters in my new Smash game"

what the hell am I reading

ya'll want less
ok then

Pablo Mesa

Banned
Nov 23, 2017
Has Nintendo ever do any Collab with Shonen Jump (mixing Characters wise). the only thing I can remember right now is not SJ, but would be the Ika Musume clothing in Splatoon 1

GiantBreadbug

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
No thanks.

Plenty of good actual game characters (Nintendo and otherwise) to get in first before we start having characters from other media involved like Goku, Mickey Mouse, and others.

Cloud did not open any doors for this sort of thing, despite sentiment to the contrary.

Poison Jam

Nov 6, 2017
He didn't originate in video-games, nor is he most known from video-games. So I don't think he fits in.

If he should make it in, then I seriously hope its kid Goku, from the original series. With the cloud and staff. He's much cooler IMO, and it would be a good monkey's paw for many.

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
He's not a videogame character. It would be like having Bugs Bunny in smash.

Goku has had Nintendo games yearly for the past 25 years.

He s also the hero of one of the best selling games in recent years, and sold MILLIONS on Switch.

He might be an anime character but he's an icon and is also tied to games.

Deleted member 35011

Banned
Dec 1, 2017
I don't think we'll ever get him, I don't think he'd make sense on the franchise, but dear god I want him on the basis of him being like a huge part of my childhood :) so many afternoons spent after school watching DBZ with my friends...gonna be honest, if they put him in the game I'm pretty sure every match with my friends would just be a bunch of Goku alts haha.

dom

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Goku has had Nintendo games yearly for the past 25 years.

He s also the hero of one of the best selling games in recent years, and sold MILLIONS on Switch.

He might be an anime character but he's an icon and is also tied to games.
This is GT levels of absurdity.

Deleted member 1041

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
No, people don't want anime or cartoon characters in. If goku gets in, he was made in place of another character that actually deserved to get in.

"Don't want anime"
"Don't want cartoon"

I mean, let's ignore the fact that Mario whole aesthetic is cartoon like. Hell, the Link they're using is from a game that was cartoony as fuck.

These statements on why people don't want Goku are bad.

hat_hair

Oct 26, 2017
I really have to fall on the "Characters who originated in video games only, please" side of this argument.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
They're going to get Goku in there but it will be JP voice acting only and people will be upset.

Deleted member 1041

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Are you being serious or?...

Mario Odyssey is cartoony as fuck. BotW is using cel-shading, which is used to mimic 'anime' or 'cartoons', or even 'comics'. Are people memeing me? Is "I don't want cartoons in MUH smash" a meme? Surely a *refined* fan of Smash wouldn't stick their nose up on Goku being in Smash.

This surely must be the work of an enemy meme.

maxresdefault.jpg

Amnixia

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Jan 25, 2018
I knew this post would appear before long

Ha! You're just jealous I posted it before you :P

Jokes aside, I think Yamcha would be more fun then Goku.
Most likely cause Sakurai would get more creative liberty with a "joke" character the he would with Goku or Vegeta.

Oct 27, 2017
I would never buy the game.
Smash would be dead to me.

Honestly, Smash feels more unfocused for each entry. Sonic doesn't feel out of place, Snake is a bit weird but not so bad, but Bayonetta, Cloud and Ryu? They don't have the history with Nintendo, to me. And yeah, I know people will come rushing to their defense to validate why they should be in, but to me, if you really need to defend the inclusion of a character, the character clearly isn't a good enough fit.

Goku would be so far over the line that I would drop the series on the spot.

Tibarn

Oct 31, 2017
Barcelona
I don't want him in Smash, please only videogame characters.
I can't understand which kind of logic are you following when think that every popular character must be in Smash, it doesn't make any sense to me.

LuigiV

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Perth, Australia
I'm against it, for two reasons.

First, Smash characters should be game characters. More specifically, mostly first party characters who represent Nintendo's own diverse roster with a small handful of third party guest characters representing their publisher and/or genre. Manga/Anime characters don't really fit, in my opinion. I guess, hypothetically, you could make a case for someone like Geralt (if a Witcher game were ever released on a Nintendo platform) given his in game appearance is distinct and more closely associated with video games than his original novel counterpart but DB characters, despite their many game appearances, are indistinct from their Anime counterparts and still feel like the Anime characters in a licensed product rather than anything I would associate with games.

Secondly, Goku is lame. Gohan or Vegeta would be way cooler.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
"Don't want anime"
"Don't want cartoon"

I mean, let's ignore the fact that Mario whole aesthetic is cartoon like. Hell, the Link they're using is from a game that was cartoony as fuck.

These statements on why people don't want Goku are bad.

Their not talking about art style their talking about not wanting a character that didn't originate from a video game into the series.

As for Goku I'd sooner ask for Master Chief.

Status
Not open for further replies.